main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've already written Episode VII (Disney is seriously crimping my style)

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Primetime_Jedi, Nov 1, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Primetime_Jedi

Primetime_Jedi Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 21, 2000
    I finished my own script version of Star Wars Episode VII, called “An Infinite Peace”, in 2007. Here’s a link to my Episode VII script on the respected site, simplyscripts.com:

http://www.simplyscripts.net/cgi-bin/Blah/Blah.pl?m-1151936692/

I’m about 75% finished with Episode VIII, which I’ve been working on off and on for the last 6 years (stuff has gotten in the way like: getting a master’s degree, getting married, having a child, working, etc.).

I believe that in my story, I have discovered a way to make the story arc of Star Wars rise upward and not downward. The post-ROTJ books are a bit of a letdown.

In the books, the big bad villain is just a leftover Admiral from the old Galactic Empire. And the evil force-user is an old cloned dark Jedi. Both of these guys are a big step down from the Emperor and Darth Vader. Stories are supposed to move upward toward a climax (which the original Star Wars saga did), not downward to lesser and lesser villains. In this respect, the novels were uncreative. In their defense, Timothy Zahn and the other authors were operating under constraints set forth by Lucas because his prequels were in development.

Any new films need to take an upward story arc. Bigger, cooler, and more meaningful. How can this be done? The Sith are dead. Anakin brought balance to the force. This “balancing act” better not be controverted by any future movies. Bringing the Sith back would undermine Anakin’s return to the good side and destruction of the last Sith Lord, Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine. What can be done?

I may have found a way.

In my version of Episode VII, Luke Skywalker, head of the re-established Jedi Order, and some others discover a man making strong claims about himself and the force. His name is Logos, and he is revealed to BE the force, incarnate in a man.

Logos’ claims split the Jedi Order. Luke, his family (sorry, not Mara Jade), and his friends form the core followers and face stiff opposition from the Jedi Elite. The common people on Coruscant who become believers in Logos suddenly are able to use the force without any Jedi training. The appearance of Logos on the scene expands the knowledge of himself beyond the Jedi Order to all people and creatures in the galaxy. Oh, and there’s lots of exciting Star Wars action too.

That’s just the beginning.

Miles Lodson likes this.
  2. Lord Tuvitor

Lord Tuvitor Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 27, 2003
    That's nice, but this isn't the fan fiction forum.

3. PrincessKenobi

PrincessKenobi Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 12, 2000
    You might want to try our Fan Fiction forum found here: link.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.