main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've been thinking about the Dark Side

Discussion in 'Star Wars Community' started by TheWombat, May 26, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheWombat

TheWombat Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 9, 2002
    Lucas is onto something there. The Dark Side is present in the world, every day, everywhere. I don't mean there are Dark Lords of the Sith running around hacking up people with red lightsabers, but simply the Quick and Easy Path.

People who steal or deal drugs to get money, instead of learning and working to get it. Quick and Easy. Dark Side.

Athletes who take steroids to become strong and fast, rather than work hard. Quick and Easy. Dark Side.

Really, anytime someone tries to bypass the honest way to achieve something because it's too hard, regardless of who it may hurt. That's the Dark Side to me.

The only shortcut that's worth it is microwaving a baked potato.

I think too much about Star Wars.... nahhh.

2. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Chosen One star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    TheWombat: I agree with you 100%. ;)

The thing that really gets me though, is how, through seeing the "Dark Side" like this, people can still criticise the Jedi (a la New Jedi Order ;) :p ).

I mean, I think some people get the impression that learning the "Light Side" is easier from Luke's training with Yoda concluding in only a few years, but you still have to figure that it was rigorous stuff.

The Jedi really have to work to get things done, and that's one of the reasons I think they are beginning to fall apart during the years of TPM through to AoTC. Because their role as more "political" enforcers, they've begun to get lax in their study as an actual Order.

And that presents the option of taking the easy path, and turning to the Dark Side.

*stops rambling*

;) :p

Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)

3. Devilanse

Devilanse Jedi Knight star 5

May 11, 2002
    Sorry, Wombat...

Only the Sith micro wave their potatoes

4. Iron_Fist

Iron_Fist Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 30, 2003
    Very true, Wombat. Lucas managed to give an aspect of real life with his idea of a "light side" and "dark side" of the Force. But it does lead to setbacks...

Such as Jedi, due to their "light side" philosophy, leave their potatoes sitting in the sun to cook... 8-}

5. Shadow_of_Evil

Shadow_of_Evil Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 18, 2001
    well although i in NOOOO way support people that do this, the drugs and stealing thing isnt always what these people want to do.. alot of them, especially the ones i know personally, hate stealing and stuff... they only commit crimes they need to..

... okay i will shut up now

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.