main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC ive devised a simple test for determining the moral character of a human being

Discussion in 'Community' started by Rogue_Ten, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

This is exactly how I feel. I'm not a fan of tipping, and would love to see the waiters get more $$$$ from their employer. Many things about what waiters do annoy me anyway. :p

Los Angeles Lakers: Drama, guaranteed.

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Seeing it irritates me. Why would one be such an ass?

3. jp-30

jp-30 Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 14, 2000
    Breanna is a newborn baby? Surely that contravenes some sort of labor law?

4. Ostrich_Stapler

Ostrich_Stapler Jedi Master star 5

Jul 9, 2004
    That's awful--he should never have tipped her $1.33 for a 1% tip.

It should have been $1.34.

5. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    As I'm British I still think you Americans should get a minimum wage that you can actually live on.

Tipping, to my eye, is something that should be done because the customer feels like they've received amazing customer service, the food was spectacular, the place was spotless and the overall experience was what you'd expect for paying 10 times more for food you could have cooked at home but didn't.

Expecting it as a matter of course and getting pissy when you don't get it even if you've been a complete ass to the customer is why I would probably do the exact same thing as the guy who gave 1%.

Just I'd give 0%.

6. AaylaSecurOWNED

AaylaSecurOWNED Jedi Master star 6

May 19, 2005
    I don't get it, does this guy want to live in a world where every restaurant is a buffet?

7. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    lol they eat at some hipster free range/health food restaurant and then put on airs. Unsurprising. :p

8. Everton

Everton Chosen One star 10

Jul 18, 2003
    I don't like the signature.

9. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000

You say that as if it would be so terrible if that were the reality. If there could be some way to have the same quality of food I get at the restaurants I go to in a buffet setting, it would be awesome. Less interaction with waiters is a good thing. :p

10. Autonomous

Autonomous Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 27, 2010
    This, though I wonder if anyone at the table considered surreptitiously slipping the waitress a twenty. That would be a good way of determining who has impressive moral character.

11. wannasee

wannasee Jedi Master star 4

Jan 24, 2007
    The circumstances of the ass's life probably haven't been so favorable lately. That's usually why people behave like asses...

12. tom

tom Chosen One star 8

Mar 14, 2004
    is this a cry for help?

13. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    No, the circumstances of my life are pretty favorable.

I know a lot people here define "ass" as "someone who disagrees with me", but intelligent people don't define it that way...

14. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No... I don't think that's it... ... .. . ...... .. . ..

15. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    u still mad because I said gays get too much media attention?

Unnecessary and inappropriate personal commentary.

16. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    No, that is not a very recent entry on the list of vile things you have said.

17. VadersLaMent

VadersLaMent Chosen One star 10

Apr 3, 2002
    Perhaps he was being like that dude in Star Trek and daring her to do better?

This is why I cannot work food service. If anyone left me a note like that for any eason I'd be in their face before they left and would be happy to be fired for the repercussions.

Um, anyone know though if perhaps said waitress was terrible and perhaps deserved such evil?

18. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I don't think I've said anything vile recently.

I would ask you to support your statement with evidence, but I know you are one of those who don't bother with that.

19. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    Are you are you are not Darth Brooks? You must be related in some way.

Food service is something like retail. And I worked retail. I was damned good at it. But regardless there was always someone who could not be pleased. No biggy. But then there were the line crossers. I went beyond most and shoved their attitude back at them and even dared them to do something about it. BUT, in daring them it was 99 times out of 100 of bad moments that I beat them with kindness.

20. Ostrich_Stapler

Jul 9, 2004
    I am also curious to find out whether the waitress was "evil." :p Granted, I always tip at least 10% regardless of how awful the service was (the only time I tipped 10% there were certainly extenuating circumstances) but I know plenty of people wouldn't tip at all if the service was truly awful.

That said, even if the waitress was so bad as to deserve a 1% tip there is no reason to write "Get a real job" on the receipt.

21. wannasee

Jan 24, 2007
    I am actually embarrassed for Darth-Guy that you feel you have to protect him being called "too sensitive".

Sure, pretend that's all you did. See you later.

22. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Hurry, Guy... you better get on webcam, smash some ****, and post it, so wannasee doesn't call you a girl.

23. Jabba-wocky

Jabba-wocky Chosen One star 10

May 4, 2003
    Throw a big heavy chair!

24. VadersLaMent

Apr 3, 2002
    [image=http://files.sharenator.com/fuuuuuuuuuuuu_This_****_Ruined_My_Day_s516x399_70813_580_I_lost-s516x399-79183-580.jpg]

25. Ostrich_Stapler

Jul 9, 2004

I concur with this.