main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series "I've got a bad feeling about this" - Your fears for the show

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Darth Valkyrus, Feb 4, 2014.

1. Darth Valkyrus

Darth Valkyrus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Apr 12, 2013
    Wait for Her Holiness to do it.

And then get whacked, causing Vader to rage out and turn back to the dark side again, so that the OT may take its course.

After which it's revealed that she's not really dead, of course. Not that Vader knows that.

2. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    If I wanted Jedi I would watch TCW. I don't want Jedi. I want common people.

3. Praenomen Cognomen

Praenomen Cognomen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 24, 2013

This is the fair, honest version of this argument.

Not some massive rant that tries to prove factually why Jedi shouldn't be there... simply the opinion that it's time for something new.

=D=

Contessa and Force Smuggler like this.
  4. anakinfansince1983

anakinfansince1983 Skywalker Saga/LFL/YJCC Manager star 10 Staff Member Manager

Mar 4, 2011
    Oh hell.

5. Vthuil

Vthuil Force Ghost star 5

Jan 3, 2013
    ...That's not plausible, but it's plausible enough to kind of scare me.

Revanfan1 likes this.
  6. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    To me the Jedi aren't the be all end all of the SW universe. Yes they are one of the most important parts of the SW Universe but there needs to be smugglers, bounty hunters, other common people etc.

7. Cushing's Admirer

Cushing's Admirer Chosen One star 7

Jun 8, 2006
    Agreed Force Smuggler I actually think having a Jedi main character undermines the very point of Order 66. It doesn't make sense.

TKT and Force Smuggler like this.
  8. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Closer to ROTS is fine. 5 years before ANH? Heck no. Depends on how prominent he or she is I guess. If the Jedi was doing discrete behind the scenes Zayne Carrick stuff fine but since it looks like we have another Galen Marek on our hands no. Just no. I'll probably still enjoy it but not as much as I could.

9. Yodaminch

Yodaminch Chosen One star 6

Mar 6, 2002
    I just want to see the heroes lose and lose often. This needs to be a dark time. The heroes can't always be winning against the big clumsy and incompetent Empire. There's a reason why the death star plans were considered the Alliance's first major victory. That means that up until ANH, the battles should be very small victories (we didn't die or get captured) Not something major (we freed a planet of people).

10. Dra---

Dra--- Force Ghost star 6

Dec 30, 2012
    What is a common person in SW? An alien garbage collector? Sounds dull.

11. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Non-force user.

12. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    That makes more sense. Because if we really meant common people, we wouldn't have star pilots or Mandalorians or aliens with amazing fighting prowess or bounty hunters.

We'd have Owen and Beru getting torched by stormtroopers.

13. CT-867-5309

CT-867-5309 Chosen One star 7

Jan 5, 2011
    Not really.

The Unlikely Hero is a thing. The Everyman is a thing. John McClane wasn't anything special. He didn't have amazing fighting prowess.

Ever seen Big Trouble in Little China?

Jack Burton is a truck driver. Wang owns a restaurant.

Gordon Freeman from Half-Life.

Common people can get caught up in extraordinary circumstances and do amazing things.

14. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    So you don't want common people but extraordinary ones.

15. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Nope. Your misunderstanding doesn't make it so.

16. Dark Lord Tarkas

Dark Lord Tarkas Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 29, 2011
    In Star Wars there's really two aspects to this debate that work against each other. First, the journey Luke goes on in Ep. IV is meant to appeal to the psychological phenomenon of feeling like something in life is just waiting for you over the horizon which is meant to appeal to everyone. That's the common man part. But then as the saga develops, it turns out Luke was pretty special and very, very uniquely situated to have these things happen to him. Not so common.

17. Dra---

Dec 30, 2012
    Maybe I am misunderstanding. Please explain it to me. :)

I think you're unwilling to admit you actually do want extraordinary characters. Maybe you want them to start off ordinary, but that's not how you want them to stay. I can see the appeal of that arc. I like it myself. But it's misleading to say you want common people when you don't actually want them to stay that way.

18. CT-867-5309

Jan 5, 2011
    Actually, I do want them to stay common and ordinary.

You insisting otherwise does not make it so. You may be misled, but I'm not misleading you, you're going there all on your own.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  19. Mia Mesharad

Mia Mesharad Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 2, 2012
    CT is relating common to an everyman protagonist, who rises from unassuming beginnings to do heroic deeds as the needs arise, but without any abilities or skills that would make them special.

Dra is relating common to the average man, more often seen as a supporting or background character, and who isn't much of a hero in the dramatic sense but simply a doer of common daily deeds.

Please stop arguing around each other, this is dumb.

20. Ani501st

Ani501st Jedi Padawan star 3

Mar 18, 2013
    I couldn't more agree with that.