main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Speculation I've got a bad feeling about this.

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by jps78, Nov 9, 2012.

1. jps78

jps78 Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 27, 2005
    Just got done watching the new video posted on the official site with George and Kathleen and something that she said got me thinking. When asked about the approach they would take with looking for a director she said that it has to be someone who has been influenced and it not a novice when its comes to the Saga. She also said that she's interested in some of the filmmakers she's worked. Well if you look at her work most of the filmmakers are old school guys, Steven (confirmed today he's not doing it) Zemickis, Fincher, Clint, her husband Frank Marshall, Joe Dante are all out. Joe Johnston is in that list too but I still think he is a option, there is one guy though that she's worked with that fits into her criteria and this is where I have huge bad feeling cause I could actually see happening........... M.Night.
    I don't want that HACK anywhere near our beloved franchise, he's a horrible director.

I love the news today the Arndt is the screen writer but dreading any possibility that Mr I see dead people could end up directing.

2. Echo-07

Echo-07 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2012
    I don't think you have to worry. I think the names that have been thrown out there like Vaughn and Bird are what they're looking for -- someone with the chops to direct a big budget Epic without losing the focus of character and story.

As for M. Night -- I too think he sucks. But rest assured, I don't think he's made a film that he didn't also write. He ain't writing SW so I don't think he's directing either.

Lastly, David Ficnher would have been one of my dark horse choices. After all he worked on ROTJ.