main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO I've got a Koopa head poking out!- Quest's Backlog v2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 29, 2009.

1. MarcusP2

MarcusP2 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 10, 2004
    Since you made that last post, I've started and finished Fallout 3 with all DLCs, Assassin's Creed II, 15 hours of Kingdom Hearts II, God of War 3 and Sherlock Holmes and the Silver Earring. Just saying. :p

2. roxez

roxez Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 13, 2007
    Quest,

I use a website called the Backloggery. It allows you to track your whole collection among all platforms and is great for determining what you need to play. Like you, I have over 200 games of which about 40% is unfinished. The website is free to use.

Here's the link to my Backloggery. Hope it helps.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    That looks pretty neat, might give a shot- thanks.

...It was a busy March...and April. ;)

I have a day off this week so I'm hoping to get back to my MP2 progress then.

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Acquired the Power Bomb, just about to face Dark Samus in the Sanctuary Fortress.

Current stats:
    Scans: 72% (I must have mistaken the 1 in "71" last time as a 7)
    Items: 42%
    Overall: 47%
    Time: 14:10

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I hate Rezbits. Thankfully I now have the Screw Attack (**** yeah!).

I missed scanning that Caretaker Class Drone though- sucker was hiding in the ceiling.

Current stats:
    Scans: 75%
    Items: 52%
    Overall: 52%
    Time: 16:23

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beat Quadraxis- that was a very fun boss fight. Often multi-form bosses are annoying, but this pulled it off very well. Sanctuary Temple is mostly done, just picking up some lingering powerups.

Current stats:
    Scans: 80%
    Items: 60%
    Overall: 60% (I'm wondering if this is the same as Items?)
    Time: 17:54

7. Sn4tcH

Sn4tcH Jedi Master star 4

Oct 22, 2004
    Quest... you need to remove Red Steel. Trust me.

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's lower on my list, for sure, but I actually didn't hate it. I got a few levels into it so I do want to go at least a bit more through it at some point. While it's controls weren't excellent, it did have some very cool facets (my favorite being the slide-forward to zoom in with).

Plus I've rarely abandoned a game I've purchased. It may take a very long time- a decade perhaps, but I will get around to finishing Red Steel one day.

And that is probably one of the reasons (not the primary one, but a contributing one) that I have such a backlog to begin with ;)

9. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    So where you at now Quest?

I played through and beat MP 1 and 3, but never finished 2. I tried on the GameCube and again with Metroid Prime Trilogy Wii both and just lost interest. Are you playing the GC verison or the Wii version?

10. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've been playing the GCN version (which, in retrospect, I'm quite glad I did since they apparently made the Trilogy version easier).

I haven't made any progress these past couple weeks because my Wii died on me and I had to send it out to NOA for repair, and couldn't find where I stored my GCN system.

I just got the Wii back a few days ago and have been working to restore the settings and redownload the VC games I had on there (I really wish they'd have a "redownload what is missing on the system" option for crashed systems- it takes forever going one at a time!).

So, now that I have my system back and set up properly I intend to get back to MP2 and finishing it up this week or next, hopefully.

And, since I lost my Zelda savefile, I'll have to start that one over- but I think I'll tackle a couple shorter games first (I'm thinking one suggested most here, plus Mario Galaxy), though given that it's summer, I might try tackling the last few blue coins of Sunshine again (even though there's still that one fracking coin in Noki Noki Bay that I'm missing despite having checked all possible locations in all chapters).

EDIT- Ok, tallying up the suggestions earlier in the thread, and eliminating the longer games like MM and KH for the time being, it looks like Beyond Good & Evil and Jedi Outcast are tied. I think I'm going to go with BG&E just because I've long been curious about it and it'll be a nice change-up from the 1st person POV I've been playing in for so long with MP2.

So, after MP2 is done, BG&E and SMG will be next. I've updated the first post list accordingly.

11. Legend_of_Leroy

Legend_of_Leroy Jedi Knight star 1

May 16, 2008
    Trilogy version is easier but I believe it makes it better, it plays alot more quickly and smoothly and so gets me excited about speed-running it (especially after the first playthrough logbook data is already collected), which I guess is in the metroid spirit.

12. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I don't know if it's any "easier" but the control scheme established in MP3 was excellent and MP 1 was A LOT more fun to play on the Wii than it was on the GC.

SMG is cool. SMG 2 is A LOT harder, but definitely rewarding. I'm 99.9% complete with it and recommend both (not that it matters now since you've already made your decision Quest).

13. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It's confirmed that MP Trilogy tweaked the difficulty level of MP2 (most notably for the Boost Ball Guardian). There's also some weapon and environmental effects that were discarded due to the new control system (since the arm cannon is no longer stationary in view), so while it lacks the Wii controls, it does have a graphical and difficulty edge on GCN.

Not that I mind- I haven't played MP3 much so I can't compare the controls, but even MP1 was ajoy to play with GCN controls.

And I greatly look forward to playing SMG2 (especially with the comments on the increased challenge), but I don't intend on spending 50 bucks on 2 until I've at least made significant progress on 1. I also still need to get NSMBWii (which I've played at friends and is retrotacular).

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I can't be the only one who went "NINE more ****ing temple keys?!" after getting the Light Suit...

Current stats:
    Scans: 86%
    Items: 66%
    Overall: 66% (this has to be the same as Items)
    Time: 19:14

15. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, on later playthroughs, you will know about those temple keys, so you can get them as you come across them (assuming you have the dark visor, of course), so not as much backtracking the second time.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    It just seems like an unnecessary extension to the game progress- it'd be awesome if we had gotten those 9 clues relatively early on and could have looked for them at the same time as the normal temple keys (as you suggested one could do in a second run-through).

Just...no more temple keys, Nintendo. Please!

17. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    Well, you do see the corpses of the keybearers in the course of your journey, which is a pretty significant clue.

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Not quite the same thing, though- there are plenty of corpses to scan for Lore throughout the game (my favorite part, actually- getting a new part of the story each time).

I'm trying to pin what the Light Suit reminds me of- it's a bit SW-ish at the top half but the legs are somewhat almost insectoid and seemingly more prominent than prior suits, but can't pinpoint what they remind me of.

Current stats:
    Scans: 87%
    Items: 74%
    Time: 20:24

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    In the near-final stretch- three more Sky Temple Keys left.

Current stats:
    Scans: 88%
    Items: 81%
    Time: 21:07

20. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Did some co-op of Lego SW 2 with a friend this evening, finished off the story mode for ANH, at about 16% right now. Will probably slowly tackle the rest of the game on the side over the other weekends down the road as a multiplayer alternative to my main focus on Metroid, Mario and (eventually) BG&E.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Up through Dagobah on the ESB levels.

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    About to take on the Emperor Ing.

Current stats:
    Scans: 90%
    Items: 89%
    Time: 23:04

23. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    VICTORY!!! (with only 5 seconds to spare!)

Final Overall Percentage Complete: 88%
    Time: 23:26

[image=http://images4.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20091212025630/metroid/images/c/cc/Zerosuitechoes.jpg]
    See you next mission!

Only took less than a year (well, 3, if you count from when I actually started playing Echoes...)- hopefully I can improve on that a little for the next few games ;).

I'll be starting Beyond Good & Evil next.

24. SoloCommand

SoloCommand Manager Emeritus & GTA Coruscant Developer star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 15, 2001
    BGE is one of my all time favourite games ever - It's very Zelda, and seeing as you're a Zelda enthusiast, I doubt you'll find much to complain about.
    Anyway, watch me as I restrain myself from telling you of the unbridled joy I have for it.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Early on I can definitely see the Zelda similarities- any game with a spin attack is ok by me ;).

The photography element is neat, and keeps things varied so it doesn't feel too-Zelda like (like Star Fox Adventures did).

I just need to train myself to start using the z button to exit the camera mode and stop hitting the B button, cause that makes you go into the forward diving roll.

Though, it does make taking pictures look for exciting... "Got my picture! Woo!" ::dives into a roll:: ;).

I like the cast of characters so far. I'd love to see the Jim Henson company do a movie of this.

So, initially impressions are quite positive. Tell me- do personal/non-animal photos play an active role in things? Or are just for fun/flourish? In other words, should I be leaving that storage space free for something more important down the road?

EDIT- Also, what are the internet codes on the save files for?

EDIT 2- Am I the only one who cracks up everytime Pey'j waves at the camera when he's in the shot? [face_laugh]

EDIT 3- The spiral interface for entering in alphanumeric codes used in this game is probably the best I've ever seen in any game- far superior to standard keyboard ones.

I'm not as hot on the menu/inventory subscreen interface, though- I don't like having to hold down the direction to select something.

EDIT 4- Well, I'm up to the Factory now, so I'm gonna hold up there for tonight.