main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO I've got a Koopa head poking out!- Quest's Backlog v2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 29, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Completed Arbiter's Grounds, restored Eldin Bridge, onto Snowpeak and the mirror shard quest.

Total playtime: 38:33.

2. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Completed the Snowpeak Ruins and am more than halfway through the Temple of Time.

45:23

3. quad_gun_jinn

quad_gun_jinn Jedi Master star 4

Dec 13, 2002
    Not much to go now. At this rate you should have Skyward Sword finished by 2015 or so :p

4. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I won't be able to keep up the rate I've been doing TP at after I finish TP (gonna need a few days to catch up on some class stuff), and I don't want to burn myself out on Zelda with 85 hours of consecutive Zelda gameplay, but I'll definitely be hitting a good starting chunk before I rotate back to trying to finish off BG&E and (probably) (re)starting Mario Galaxy- though I hopefully will be able to alternate back to SS more frequently than my 6 months-3 years TWW/TP pattern ;).

(however, I'm not ruling out 2015 just yet :p.)

5. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Temple of Time and Hidden Village cleared.

49:12

6. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Owl Statue quest completed, majority of SKy Temple finished (just have boss left).

52:42

7. Vader_vs_Maul

Vader_vs_Maul Jedi Master star 3

Dec 4, 2003
    You're behind schedule, dude. :p

8. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    By one day! I still have till midnight!

9. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Victory is mine!

Last saved time: 58:51 (final battles not logged)

10. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
  11. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    Finally! Congrats, man. And onto Skyward Sword.

12. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, will start Skyward tonight, but I'll probably not be playing it exclusively- I'll never make any progress on this list if I just keep back to backing 60 hour games.

13. Leto II

Leto II Jedi Padawan star 6

Jan 23, 2000
    But, y'know, you could... [face_thinking]

14. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Ok, yes, I COULD just focus on the biggies... but you've seen how long it took me to get through TP at my snail pace :p. It's also a lot easier to get through a game like Mario Galaxy where doing "that one more thing" doesn't end up taking an extra hour and a half of my night when I'm trying to get to sleep ;).

And, yet, I love those epic games.

"I hate people, but I love gatherings!"

15. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Adding DKCR to my list of possible games to play, as I got that as a gift for xmas.

Got my sister the Mario Kart Wii she asked for. Played a lot of splitscreen multiplayer on my save file (she can start her own when she gets home) while family was still over. Been going back the last couple days to unlock some stuff by completing the 100cc (and, soon, hopefully) the 150cc grand prixes.

Since I actually have both xmas eve and xmas off this year somehow, I plan to get back to Skyward Sword finally.

16. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Unlocked the Mirror Cup in MKW last week- 150cc didn't give me any trouble except for Banana Cup for some reason. Managed to get gold on my first runs through everything else. Mirror Cup is tough though- will take a little longer for me to finish them off.

Got my second sessions of Skyward Sword in, starting the first dungeon.

17. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I've updated the opening post to add my recent Wii, XB & 360 acquisitions to the backlog.

Taking a break from Skyward Sword so that I can hopefully finish BG&E. Looks like I have to hunt down a ton of pearls before I can get the parts needed to fix the ship that'll get me to the moon, though.

Once I can finish this, I'm looking forward to starting Mario Galaxy again (original save file was lost a couple years ago)- though Mass Effect calls to me as well...

18. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Got all but 2 pearls in BG&E. Just gathering more cash to get a few powerups before I (hopefully) can get to the moon next session.

19. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Beyond Good & Evil: FINISHED!

Final recorded time (presumably the final battles don't record since there's no save): 18:21:14.

Very interesting game- it has it's flaws but it's worth sticking through...the backthird of the game really is worth it. So, if anyone ends up playing the game, if you ever hit a point where you don't think you're feeling it and want to abandon the game... you might just want to reconsider and plow forward.

20. Vader_vs_Maul

Dec 4, 2003
    I agree. Halfway through the game I was kind of bored and didn't understand the hype, but the last 1/3 is where the game really comes into its own.

21. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Yeah, you almost get the feeling like that last 1/3rd was the game they wanted to make, then they ran out of time or money, and kinda just filled in the middle to make it a long enough game to release.

EDIT- Completed Chapter 5 of Episode V for Lego SW II. Not very well, though- first time I've played any level in these games in single player. So much more fun in two player mode, but my buddy whom I started these games with isn't local anymore (I'm surprised the save file was last dated July 2010- I really didn't think it had been THAT long since we had last played!) so one must press on.

Probably would have performed better if I hadn't died so many times getting reacquainted with the controls (almost all my deaths came from trying to make the first jump from the X-Wing to the platform, or from falling off the carbon freeze platform so many times until i realized they really did want you to fight Vader directly (at least, initially) instead of herding him to the steam vents for R2 to attack with).

22. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    39.3% through Lego SW 2, just completed the speeder bike level- that AT-AT battle on the landing platform should have been in the movie somehow :cool: .

Some fun stuff (love the sense of humor), though I probably wasted a good hour or two today due to some glitches in the game.

23. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    How come you get a Backlock Thread, Star Trek Watching Thread, Babylon 5 Thread, etc

We don't get those.

24. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    I like project threads :D ;).

Besides it's practical function for me (and helping avoid a reposting of a long list of titles to ask for recommendations on in other threads), I hope it helps stimulate interest/discussion in some of those older titles without randomly bumping all the old threads.

The B5 and Trek threads in SFAF/YJCC are general discussion threads, though the Amp thread is "my" thread, but Amp as a forum is designed around hosted discussions like that.

25. The2ndQuest

Jan 27, 2000
    Well, I finished LSW2 w around 46%. Obviously there's still a lot to collect in the game (unless I'm missing some key strategy, those 1 million stud levels for ESB & ROTJ are almost impossible, lol), and I may still give it a spin now and then to polish off some of the free play levels but I'm still gonna mark this one off as done for now.

So, I'm going to move onto Super Mario Galaxy now. I'll probably bring up one of my newer games to being on deck next.

EDIT- Acquired the first 4 stars, clearing out the first egg galaxy (at least so far- I have to assume there are hidden stars to get in each galaxy? or at least a 100 coin star?).