main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

VIDEO I've got a Koopa head poking out!- Quest's Backlog v2.0

Discussion in 'Archive: Games' started by The2ndQuest , Nov 29, 2009.

1. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    I toggled over to Muramasa after beating DKCR but I'm going to switch back to go after some of the orbs pretty soon- but I don't think I'm going to be able to get all the orbs if only because getting all the KONG letters in the game seems implausible (I lost count of the number of levels that I barely completed without trying to get all the letters- even though I was). I can probably get most of them, but there are some where it seems like "that's just not going to happen".

2. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    I thought EXACTLY the same thing, especially concerning the lava levels, and to be honest, the lava level was probably the quickest and easiest to get all the KONG letters (or maybe I just got lucky). And to be truthfully honest, there was only one letter G I couldn't figure out how to get so I watched a Youtube video.

By comparison, getting all the letters pale in comparison to the difficulty level of the temple stages. No Diddy, no hearts, and very, very unforgiving. I am proud to say that I only used the potion for the final 8th orb, and I finished the levels with two additional hits to spare. The design of the level is unique, challenging, but doable without potion if you have the patience and you memorize the patterns.

I used no other items on any of the other levels and, in retrospect, maybe I should have, BUT most of the levels have wicked jumps, so one bad step and there goes the item that you just bought.

3. The2ndQuest

The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth star 10 Staff Member Manager

Jan 27, 2000
    Experiencing the level designs of the temple is the greatest motivator I have for going for the collectibles. DKCR had some incredible designs and it would be nice to not miss out on any of them.

4. TiniTinyTony

TiniTinyTony JCC Super Bowl Pick 'Em Winner star 7 VIP - Game Winner

Mar 9, 2003
    Well I welcome your review of them and I'll weigh in on my favorites and the ones I despised.
    (Also, none of them have check points.)