main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've Got A New Job!!! Getting Paid To Play Video Games!!

Discussion in 'Archive: Cleveland, OH' started by JediKnightPasJoDacle, Aug 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnightPasJoDacle

JediKnightPasJoDacle Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 16, 2002
    HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!! I love it!! AHAHAHAAHAHAH!!! I'm now getting paid $9.50 an hour to play video games full time! AHAHAHAHAHAHA!!! THIS IS TOO GOOD!! HAHAHA!!!

I'm starting tomarrow at THQ ( http://www.thq.com/ ) in their QA department. I get to test video games. All this invoulves is sitting in front of an X BOX or Playstation 2 or computer, or any other system and play a soon to be release video game all day and write down any bugs!!!! THAT'S BASICALLY IT!

THIS IS TOO GOOD!!!! HAHAHAHA!!! I've just got a better, higher paying job where all I do is play!

2. Commander-DWH

Commander-DWH Manager Emeritus star 4

Nov 3, 2003
    I officially hate you. Fie on thee!

I make that much (well... I will next summer, anyway, after I get my fourth and final pay raise). However, I do not just play, though I am permitted to do so on my breaks. And we have a zip line and in-water obstacle course. And a water slide. But somehow it's not compensation for having to deal with dumb kids and obnoxious parents.

*sigh* A lifeguard's life for me...

3. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    My new job MAY have a water slide...but I'll have to check.

4. _-Reborn_Jedi-_

_-Reborn_Jedi-_ Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 9, 2002
    DUDE! Put in a good word for me and I'll fly over there like tomorrow! I totally know my games in and out, and being able to "assure quality" would be easy lol. Congrats man, that rocks. Although THQ ain't the best video game company, but still...wow!

5. DarthZome

DarthZome Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 17, 2000
    You lucky, lucky, lucky bag. I HATE you. I hope you burn in hell, you luxor. :D

At most jobs, you get reprimanded for playing games during work hours. At your job, you PAID for playing games.

First, you get paid to act in movies, now you get paid to play video games. What's next?

6. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    Gets to be on set for the biggest movie of 2003 (POTC) and within mere yards of Keira Knightly...

Gets to be on the set of "Hildago" very close to Viggo Mortinson (for you ladies) and actually gets credit for it this time...

NOW he gets paid to play video games...

You suck! (congrats dude!)

7. TheRandomMenace

TheRandomMenace Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2002
    I think this is about the only forum where you can get congratulated for sucking...

and your job is the only place you can get paid to play games.

What a mindjob.

WHOA!

8. ben_ethus

ben_ethus Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 17, 2001
    Greetings, blokes.

Well, if you're working as a tester for THQ, you'll always have plenty of work to do... heh heh... ;) :p

Nothing like taking a cheap shot at a big company,
    Yours Truly

9. JediKnightPasJoDacle

Mar 16, 2002
    Put in a good word for me and I'll fly over there like tomorrow!
    Go to their site and check under employment oppertunities. They have tons of stuff open right now!

What's next?

I've managed to gather a small web following, managing to get 3,000 people rallied together to do a mass emailing to AMC in one wekk (god I love the net)...I'm also working on ruling the world, but just in my spare time.

I think this is about the only forum where you can get congratulated for sucking...

ROFLMAO!

Nothing like taking a cheap shot at a big company

Go for it! Here...let me help (lol).

Today I started training and now have a security card that opens doors (cool) and have to sign in for work by a hand scan!!!! I also had to sign a ton of confidentiality agreements...man what security!

10. Krash

Krash RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 11, 2000
    My advise, never trash talk to the computers...look what happened to Jeff Bridges in "Tron" ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.