main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've got an 'Indiana Jones' idea......

Discussion in 'Lucasfilm Ltd. In-Depth Discussion' started by Slimeball, Nov 27, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Slimeball

Slimeball Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2004
    It's called:

Tikka Eroca : Evil Sorceress.....

A female superhero (or Sorceress) travels an ancient jungle searching for ..... enemies I guess. She has all these little friends who back her up although she doesn't really need it... anyway up comes an evil guy who is causing trouble in a white pyramid in the Jungles centre. She needs to take him out. Unaware of the dangers she goes in and confronts him. The evil guy turns out to be a wierd alien. The pyramid turns out to be a UFO, and it goes out into outer space!

The next movie (Episode 2:.....) is with Tikka Eroca in outer space...............

What do you think. I would really like Lucasfilm to pick this one up. I don't think it will get made otherwise.

2. DS615

DS615 Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 30, 2003
    It sounds like an episode of Stargate: SG1.

3. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

Lucasfilm virtually never produces anything other than films originating from George himself. They don't accept submissions either.

4. Moleman1138

Moleman1138 Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 18, 2004
    Where's Indy tie into this? Knock yourself out with some fan fic. Just follow the Indy formula and don't submit it directly to GL or Spielberg. You need to build yourself up with a substantial amount of works relying on quality.

5. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    Lara Croft meets Indiana Jones. They'd make it like bunnies.

6. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    Lets just get one thing straight. Tikka belongs to me. Just like 'Harry Potter' belongs to J.K. Rowling and 'Indiana Jones' belongs to George Lucas 'Tikka Eroca' belongs to me. I created her. I know everything there is to know about her and more. These movies are not going to get made unless I overlook them to a degree that I decide. They are my movies. I don't want them to turn out just like bunnies or get ruined because I am deeply attached to them and the character. I'd be classified more as an independant artist like GL which is why I thought he could get to sympathise with me. If other major artist companies are interested in my idea they will have to respect my guidelines.

Greada out.

7. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    It doesn't really sound like you have a clear story, let alone a script, so that's probably a good place to start.
    Don't forget Lucas didn't start with Star Wars, nor did Spielberg begin with Indiana Jones (I haven't a clue about Rowling :p), so it might help to think smaller for now, but if you are seriously dedicated to getting this character to the big screen, you're going to need a script.

You might want to take a look at the Fan Film board for some help?

Good luck!

8. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    This was sort of misleading. I thought this was an "Indiana Jones" idea. Seems to me like a cross between Stargate and Xena. Best thing to do in this type of story is don't go overboard with fantasy. You can keep it fantasy, but keep it also fathomable to believe. Wouldn't mind hearing some excerpts in the future.

9. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    Tikka is not like Xena. She's slimmer, somewhat more frail but has her sorceress powers, and wears a tight white costume that covers all of her body apart from her head. she's intelligent, independant (has no sidekicks, only small friends) serious, strong and sexy. This movie is not like stargate either. Don't be fooled by the pyramid. It is unique because the pyramid is white and in the middle of a jungle, like Tikka is unique. The world in which Tikka exists must be unique also.... This is my movie.

10. JohnWesleyDowney

JohnWesleyDowney Jedi Master star 5

Jan 27, 2004

This is my movie.

Actually, you have no movie.
    You don't have a movie until it's
    been financed, cast, filmed, edited,
    scored and released. THEN you have a movie.

Do you even have the blueprint of one,
    which would be a screenplay running
    approximately 90 to 120 pages, properly
    formatted and professionally written?

Do you have backing?

Do you have ANY kind of a track record in
    the movie or publishing industry whatsoever?

Newcomers rarely control their own work.

Do you have a licensed literary or talent
    agent to represent your work and make submissions
    to reputable film producers, studios or production
    companies? (This is standard procedure.)

Learn the basics of the entertainment industry.

You appear to be remarkably nieve.

And for God's sake, if you're so possessive of your idea, don't put it on the INTERNET!!!! :rolleyes:

11. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    You don't seem to get the point. I am an independant artist whether in a business sense or a social sense. I am a recluse (even more so than GL, I have no friends). All I have are my movies which I design to MY codes of independance. Tikka is my character the way I want her in the environment I want her, with the characters I want her in the World I want her. It is none of anyone elses business other than to view the movie. I care for my movies that I create more than anything really, since I don't have much else. I PUT ALOT into them, so that they are mine. It is indicative of my style and born out of my character and run according to my decisions. They are nobody elses.

12. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    It is my movie in potentiality and in a dormant sense and in an unmade artistic asset sense, and in the creation sense. It is mine in all conceptual senses. They are recluse movies. They are my recluse movies. Even if they seem popular they have my recluse edge because they ARE mine. I created them out of my 'recluse self'.

13. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    There aren't just 2 episodes. There are 4. Maybe a fifth cause the 4th is cold and dark.

14. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  15. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  16. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  17. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  18. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  19. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
  20. Jon

Jon Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 16, 2004
    Tikka is my character the way I want her in the environment I want her, with the characters I want her in the World I want her. It is none of anyone elses business other than to view the movie.....It is indicative of my style and born out of my character and run according to my decisions. They are nobody elses.

George Lucas didn't create everything in the Star Wars universe to his specific blueprint. It was a fantastic collaboration between hundreds (thousands?) of people. Yes, Lucas was responsible for it but he didn't disappear into a cupboard only to emerge two years later with a finished masterpiece.

From your numerous posts and edits, it's obvious that you're still playing with this idea and having fun with it - good! It's important that you do, work things out, try a version with Tikka being evil or whatever. Get a good story, and then write (and rewrite) a good script. You'll need that before you even think of release dates!

In short, everything JohnWesleyDowney said. Have fun!

21. Moleman1138

Aug 18, 2004
    It's your project. Yes it is a project until you finish it. Edit and edit. Always think you can do one better. Change a piece of dialogue. A scene. Something. They may work. Don't leak anything to anyone until you copyright for legal purposes.

Buy a book on screenwriting and filmmaking. Learn motives and the way people speak in different environments. You can have a good story. The right direction is all you need now. Have fun.

22. Jedi_Daniel

Jedi_Daniel Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 16, 2002
    This is why I'd rather be a novelist than a film-maker. When being a novelist, you're the cast, you're the director, the editor, and set-designer. When being a film-maker, things have to go a certain why, other people have to put their ideas in.

But that's only me.

23. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    It's not about fun. It's about getting the films right artistically. The story may be impoprtant but I'm more interested in getting them right artistically so they're like my file 'germs' I call them. Actually the story is very much involved in the artist project.

24. malducin

malducin Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 23, 2001
    It doesn't really sound like you have a clear story, let alone a script, so that's probably a good place to start.

It doesn't seem he has a clear grasp of reality ;-). I only kid, well somewhat ... what's up with all those empty posts. Talk about paranoia (or maybe trolling?). Dude, chill out amd relax.

This is why I'd rather be a novelist than a film-maker. When being a novelist, you're the cast, you're the director, the editor, and set-designer.

Well writers on contract, most novelists are I would assume, have an editor and they sometimes give lots of notes about what to change, omit and add to your novel. They are there to try to make the product better (like a movie producer) and many time you have to pay attention to their indications if you want your novel published. Of course this all varies, how your editor is, how famous you are, to which company you have a contract, etc.

25. Slimeball

Nov 27, 2004
    Tikka is my friend, ally, and co-operative...... She's a super-hero. She doesn't know about me, her creator, or what she's really doing but we have the same objective....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.