main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Phx I've Got Gum In My Fingernails & Other Ewok Treasures

Discussion in 'SouthWest Region Discussion' started by Jedi_Wench, May 27, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Wench

Jedi_Wench Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2002
    Hey now Choad! You're forgetting that a 20 mmHg jump in BP is similar to orthostatic hypertention, with the exception that I hadn't gone from laying down to standing to create the shift and am therefore not hypovolemic. It still was a shocker though! ;) [face_laugh]

Only too happy to entertain there IA! [face_blush]

Hey Zoo, did you hear about the bloodbath that occured RIGHT BEFORE we left to go to the Cine Capri showin of ANH down in Phoenix? That one sent my BP and HR flying too.

2. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    I did not hear that one! Do tell :D [face_devil]

3. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    Do tell! It is funny thinking about it.

4. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    Ok, so sorry in advance to those of you who've already heard this tale...but tough! ;)

We'd had a nice leisurely day. It was Thursday and we were all excited about going down to Phoenix to see A New Hope at the Cine Capri (which turned out to be EXCELLENT!).

Anyway, I had just grabbed my purse, and Justin had just grabbed the keys when we heard screaming from above. In the area of the kitchen. Kitchen + Screaming = BAD!

Justin and I looked at each other and said, "What NOW?" at the same time.

I walked up the stairs and said, "Makay? What's wrong?"

She starts screaming even louder only this time she's bellowing, "I'M SORRY!!! I DIDN'T MEAN TO!!! I DIDN'T KNOW IT WOULD DO THAT!!!"

A wave of utter terror ran through my body as I sprinted up the stairs as fast as I could expecting, as always, to see someone's lifeless body or limb on the floor gushing gore and blood.

I catch sight of Makay and this time there really is blood. LOTS OF BLOOD pouring out of her mouth. Now normally, in another setting this would spark oooh's and ahhhh's of wonder from me. (COOL! Look at the pretty colors of the blood!) But this being my own child all I could think was, "OH MY GOD! SHE'S KNOCKED OUT HER TEETH OR SEVERED HER TONGUE!" A bloody ice tray sat on the table looking extremely suspicious.

I don't panic in situations like these, but lets just say when it's my kid, it's not as fun. Anyway, I scooped her up and ran her to the bathroom, grabbed a rag, doused it in cold water and shoved it in her mouth and told her to press it on her tongue. She was still in hysteria doing that crying that kids do...you know the one...tears falling at a rate of 5.3 tears/sec, gagging on their own snot kind of crying.

It must have taken me 15 minutes to calm her down and all the while she kept screaming, "I didn't mean to Mommy! I just licked the ice and then...and then...my tongue got stuck!! OWIE!!! OW!! OWWW! IT'S GONNA BLEED FOREVER!!!! I didn't know it would do that!"

I swallowed my giggles thinking about that kid in A Christmas Story and imagining my daughter with an ice tray dangling off her tongue. Then I took away the rag and saw that she'd ripped off a couple of good swatches of skin and helped her calm down, promising that she wasn't in trouble. While she sat on the toilet trying to stop sobbing and bleeding, I went to retrieve the ice tray and winced at the sight of skin and tastebuds frozen to a blood red ice cube. YUMMY! OUCH!

Anyway, lets just say she slept all the way to Phoenix and she keeps telling me, "Mommy we shouldn't lick ice, right?"

I've been spending the last few weeks training her in the arts of escape from marauding ice trays and bandit flag poles because winter is approaching in the not too distant future and knowing her...it could be A Christmas Story all over again.

And now, one beggs the question: What possessed her to lick an ice tray? I mean, she wasn't trying to get the ice out to put in a drink or play with. She simply pulled out the ice tray and decided, "You know, licking this would be good."

Some lessons we learn the hard way I suppose.

I am super proud of one aspect of the incident though, she managed not to get a single drop of blood on either of our clothes. Mind you there was a nice puddle on the kitchen floor, but her clothes were pristine. I am always struck by the awesome quantities of blood that can issue forth from the mouth and head of a child. They are extremely vascular little creatures aren't they!

That's my girl! Swallow that blood, just don't wear it!

5. Idiots Array

Idiots Array Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 3, 2000
    mmmm...blood. [face_devil]

[image=http://www.sf-radio.de/buffy/charaktere/bilder/spike.jpg]

6. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
  7. MexChewie

MexChewie Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 19, 2002
    I'm glad she was ok, but that is too [face_laugh]

8. MJ_Keehan_Sundve

MJ_Keehan_Sundve Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    *keeps comments to herself about the pic*

[face_devil]

9. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    On the way to Phoenix Justin and I kept looking at each other and laughing. It was so like her to do something like that to herself right before we left.

Ah well...we'll keep her anyway, even if she is a little excitable. [face_laugh]

10. PtrsonsZOO

PtrsonsZOO Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 30, 2001
    Well, did she start talking like that kid on Fat Albert? ;)

Another great Tales from the Wenchy Child [face_laugh]

11. Jedi_Wench

Sep 8, 2002
    [face_laugh] I loved that kid on Fat Albert, he ruled! [face_laugh]

Yeah, she did for a while, but you know kids...they bounce back faster than you can say:

Hey, HEY, HEY!!!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.