I've got Olympic fever!!

Discussion in 'Idaho Falls, ID' started by nordicgal, Aug 14, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Has anyone else been watching the Olympics?

In general, I avoid sports like the plague, but for some reason I enjoy watching the Olympics, both summer and winter. The different cultures and people who participate fascinate me more than the actual sporting events, but I always root for the good ol' U.S.A. anyway!!

If anyone's interested, maybe we could get together to watch a few events. I've got the opening ceremonies on tape.
  2. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    You have the opening ceremony on tape? I should have done that. I would like to see it, that is one of the best parts, in my opinion.

GO U S A!!
  3. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Olympic fever huh? Sounds nasty. I hope you feel better soon. I've never had that, but I had Pac-Man fever in high school and almost didn't graduate.

haha
  4. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    ryan, you can be a turd sometimes. You know that? You mean the gymnastics aren't fun for you to watch?
  5. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    Only if the gymnasts were chased around a maze by ghosts!
  6. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Forget gymnastics.....I thought for sure you guys would tune in just to see the women's beach volleyball! [face_mischief] [face_flag]
  7. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    By the way.....have you guys seen all the cute choices under "Faces" that you can add to your messages? Hmmmmmmm.....this could be dangerous!! [face_thinking]

Go U.S.A.!! [face_flag]

(See what I mean!!) [face_hypnotized]
  8. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    I hear the Men's swimming team is pretty hot. And so are the Australians.
  9. RABIDJAWA Jedi Knight

star 2
    Is that really a good excuse for watching sports? I mean, there are some BLOODY HOT country singin' chicks but that doesn't make me wanna listen to their music. (Although I would watch the video with mute on- Dang, I answered my own question!!)
  10. BithLord42 Jedi Knight

star 1
    In High School I never missed a girl's basketball game. Oh wait I was in pep band.
  11. Boskone_Kenobi Jedi Knight

star 3
    ABout those opening ceremonies, I missed them and wish I had not. When USA and Iraq entered the stadium, were there cheers?
  12. Ariadnae1 Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes there was. Laura and I just watched them on Friday night. I think that everyone in the club should have watched them since James Earl Jones did the opening for them. It was very cool, and I am glad Laura recorded them.
  13. nordicgal Jedi Knight

star 2
    Yes, it was very fun to watch, albeit almost 2 weeks late!

I will say that every team that was there was applauded and welcomed. Even the commentators from NBC were saying how every team was getting a positive response from the crowd. People even cheered for the U.S.

Irag and Afghanistan got huge cheers. Considering what their countries have been through, and also considering how little money these countries have to devote to their athletics, it was miraculous that they were even there. Some guy on NBC said that other countries contributed money to Iraq to help get their soccer team to Greece, and how the team had to be "secretly" airlifted out of Baghdad to be flown to Athens. I am really happy the Iraqi soccer team got all the way to 4th place (their best Olympic showing).
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.