main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Knox, TN I've got tickets!!!

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by Jay-Arr, May 2, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jay-Arr

Jay-Arr Jedi Youngling

Jun 24, 2001
    Everyone: Tickets are now on sale at Carmike Cinemas as of 20:00 (8:00 PM) this evening, 2 May 2002.

There will be no 00:01 (12:01 AM) showing this year so far as I know, and the earliest showing is (I think) at 13:15 (1:15 PM) on opening day.

2. DarthQueeg

DarthQueeg Jedi Youngling

Jan 2, 2002
    Which CARMIKE????

For God's sake, let the knowledge shine forth!

3. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 1, 2001
    Which Carmike? This has got to be BS. Carmike doesn't do advanced sales.

4. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Seems he is talking about Foothills Carmike in Maryville. Forget that...I'm not driving all the way out to Maryville to see Star Wars.

I don't understand this though: it is against Carmike policy to sell advance tickets.

5. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    There will be at least a 12:01 show at Regal WestTown... they apparently put the tickets on sale there Saturday....

I've been told by the management there (who helped me get the tickets I needed for our group even though I was in Indianapolis for the Celebration) that Lucasfilm is only allowing them to pre-sell one auditorium this early... they're planning on running it in four...

Fenn

6. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    Pfftt...

Screw Regal. They suck.

Ever since the May 3rd rumors started solidifying (Wednesday of last week), I called Regal every day to find out if they were going to host AOTC. Two days (Wednesday and Thursday), they told me they didn't know if they were getting it or not. Friday they told me they wouldn't know until next week. Lo and behold, I check Fandango this morning and their midnight showing is "magically sold out". Wow, for a theater that didn't know if it was going to get the movie this week they sure did sell out their opening tickets pretty quick. They suck.

I'll stick to the Carmike midnight showing. They've got a better theater anyways.

7. TheRealFennShysa

TheRealFennShysa TFN FanFilms Staff star 4 VIP

Oct 7, 2000
    Lucasfilm is allowing advance pre-sells this far out on only ONE auditorium at each venue... it will be showing on at least three other screens at WestTown, but they're not allowed to sell those tickets until a few days before the show... the same's going to apply to ALL theatres...

The Regal management treated me very well... they took the time to make sure our group got the tickets we needed, even though we were in Indianapolis at the Celebration when they went on sale... the theatre wasn't even informed officially by Fox and Lucasfilm until late Friday night that they even had the film, much less be able to sell tickets for it...

On a lighter note, I saw AOTC this morning at a press screening here in Knoxville... worry not... the movie fuqqing rocks... :D

Fenn

8. Jedi_Tin-Buk_Tu

Jun 1, 2001
    That's all well and good if you happen to know Regal management, but your average Joe like me doesn't.

That doesn't change the problem. They should have told me to keep calling back, instead of saying that they wouldn't know until next week.

9. Sethesh

Sethesh Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 28, 2001
    I can't even see the blasted movie because I'll be downtown at the Civic Collosuem most of the evening and night graduating!

What sick and twisted Star Trek nerd planned Graduation on a dedicated Star Wars holiday!?

10. Kador

Kador Jedi Youngling

Sep 30, 2001
    Nods Sethesh, I'm stuck up here in Powell working til the 20th and then I might be able to go see it, if I'm lucky..

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.