main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I've Had It (an Anakin Skywalker AU *Updated July 11 2009) COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_treyvah, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Your story is amazing. I love your characterizations. If you have a PM list may I please be added to it? :)

2. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    awesome chapter!

3. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    "He wants us to be his 'advanced training centre' now, does he," Mace Windu shook his head, "I will say one thing for Skywalker. He has certainly knows how to patronize."

"It's funny, but he would probably have said that he learned that skill from the Council."

The new Korun Jedi Grand Master sighed, "Most likely. I will grant him that. It's funny, Obi-Wan, that it took someone the age of a Padawan to point out our faults, Chosen One or not."

"Well, in merely one or two sentences you just summarized the entire Apprenticeship of Anakin Skywalker."

The Korun Jedi Master actually winced, "Now you really have my sympathies, old friend."

Mace Windu and Obi-Wan sat in the Room of a Thousand Fountains. Obi-Wan noticed how his fellow Jedi looked a little more tired as the months had passed. The mantle of Grand Master, though by no means a solitary position, was still very much a great responsibility. It was as though the stone of his face was worn down by the great forces buffeting them even now. To Obi-Wan, it was an analogy none too far from the mark.

"At any rate, perhaps Skywalker's wife should teach him ... a little more diplomacy?"

"Of that, I'm sure she is trying, Master."

"Please, Obi-Wan. Just call me Mace. I'm afraid I'm never really going to get used to this new title."

"The Council chose you. They know your skill and experience. You are the Grand Master."

"Of a fragmented Order. The remnant of a shatterpoint," Mace Windu sighed again, "I still say it should have been you, Obi-Wan."

"It was the will of the Force."

"It was the will of the Council," the new Grand Master corrected, "and even then, had you agreed to the initial vote, you would be dealing with these new responsibilities and not me."

"I am not as experienced a Jedi as you, Mace."

Mace Windu quirked an eyebrow, "Or as old, you mean."

"Experienced," Obi-Wan smirked in his beard at his old friend, "and besides, I am more useful 'on the move' than having to coddle the Senate. Anymore than I already am anyway."

"Thank you so much," Mace Windu all but rolled his eyes, "Perhaps it wasn't the Council where Anakin learned his skills in patronization after all."

Obi-Wan laughed, "Perhaps not," his tone grew serious, "Well, public opinion is still not with the Senate. Or the Jedi Order."

"The Order will continue as it always has," but there was a great weariness to Mace Windu's deep voice as he spoke, "But as for the Senate, yes. Ever since the clone troopers left, I can sense public disapproval."

"And some relief as well. It's interesting, but ironically the clone troopers were the Senate's only hope to maintain a status quo."

"A return to the corruption of government yes. With Palpatine gone and his aides and the Separatists taken into custody, they still needed a viable scapegoat for our ... oversights."

"A public humiliation and execution for the masses. Perhaps even an attempt to salvage whatever public confidence that they could. Senator Organa was an outspoken opponent of this measure. Of this I'm glad. At the same time, I'm also glad that Anakin managed to get the clones away before galactic opinion turned on them." As it would have had on us, was the unspoken final part of that sentence.

"In a way, I agree with you Obi-Wan. But that still doesn't excuse him masking them from us or the Republic authorities."

"I've actually been thinking about that. I doubt he has them all in one place. No one, not even Master Yoda could maintain that level of masking for so long or so consistently. Most likely, he has arranged them into self-sufficient cells on different Outer Rim planets."

"Yes. But the question is ... why."

"Master Windu?"

The Korun Master looked thoughtful, "Although Anakin can mask himself and the troopers, he can't mask the intentions of the Force. There is," Mace Windu's brow furrowed, "another shatterpoint forming. No, it doesn't exist right now at this moment. But eventually it will. It ... it is forming in the Outer Rim. I just have this feeling that, somehow, this galaxy's conflictive nature is far fr

4. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    Kevin_Solo: I hope that some of this last chapter answered some of your points. When you consider a galaxy that is sick of war and destruction, and disappointed in the current authority, and then you add a 'hero' or two who offers them a solution and has done nothing but help them -- the common citizen -- then you can see where some of Anakin's advantages lie in a lot of the decisions he made here.

FitJedi: Thanks, FitJedi. And as for your comment, the idea of two Orders functioning together will prove to be very interesting, as this chapter has no doubt shown to an extent hopefully.

And thank you, Sarah_Kenobi and JediMasterJessica :)

5. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A very interesting update, darth_treyvah.[face_thinking][face_thinking]

I liked the characterisation of Windu, particularly here:

"Obi-Wan," the senior Master sighed, "Let's face it. We are guardians of knowledge, and politics now only. And I am just a caretaker Grand Master of a monastic Order. He won, Obi-Wan. And as much as I am loathe to admit it, he earned it."

It was then that Obi-Wan realized where a lot of the exhaustion on Mace Windu's face came from. It was not exertion from overwork, but rather from restlessness. He wanted to be out there, doing something. And he wouldn't be until Anakin told them what it was. Obi-Wan knew that the Korun Master was right. For all intents and purposes, Anakin was the Jedi Grand Master now.

"So," Obi-Wan said after a time, "what shall I tell our 'youthful Grand Master.'"

Mace Windu stared at the fountains for a moment, "Tell the ... tell the Chosen One ..." he turned to face Obi-Wan, "tell him that we will take his offer under serious consideration. After an equal exchange of information, of course."

Obi-Wan smiled, "It is only fair, I suppose. He has something we want, and we have something he wants."

The Korun Jedi Master nodded.

"You do realize that you're playing the game."

"The game of politics, Obi-Wan. The only game there is," this time, Mace Windu actually smiled.

Nice!:D I can certainly see Windu making a decision like this. :)

The analysis of the political situation was very good:

Obi-Wan laughed, "Perhaps not," his tone grew serious, "Well, public opinion is still not with the Senate. Or the Jedi Order."

"The Order will continue as it always has," but there was a great weariness to Mace Windu's deep voice as he spoke, "But as for the Senate, yes. Ever since the clone troopers left, I can sense public disapproval."

"And some relief as well. It's interesting, but ironically the clone troopers were the Senate's only hope to maintain a status quo."

"A return to the corruption of government yes. With Palpatine gone and his aides and the Separatists taken into custody, they still needed a viable scapegoat for our ... oversights."

"A public humiliation and execution for the masses. Perhaps even an attempt to salvage whatever public confidence that they could. Senator Organa was an outspoken opponent of this measure. Of this I'm glad. At the same time, I'm also glad that Anakin managed to get the clones away before galactic opinion turned on them." As it would have had on us, was the unspoken final part of that sentence.

|
    |
    "I'm sure he does. Of that I have no doubt," the Master actually grit his teeth, "He won, you know."

"What do you mean?"

"Your old Apprentice. He beat us."

It was Obi-Wan's turn to quirk an eyebrow, "I didn't know we were playing any games with him."

"But we did. Or we didn't know we were until he made the new rules," Mace Windu held his hands clasped behind his back, "He knew this would happen. After Palpatine was gone and discredited, he knew the backlash that both our Order and the Republic would receive. We let a Sith Lord and Master stand in our very presence undetected. For Force's sake, the Senate made him into its leader and Chancellor. He took away the Senate's ability to deflect public unrest by taking command of the clones.

And he used his and Senator Amidala's images as heroes of the Republic to get nothing but support from its citizens. It's very hard to argue against a war hero, especially one so loved by the citizens."

Very good!=D= I'm just wondering about a couple of things:

1. While Anakin has public opinion on his side for the moment for the reasons given, this won't last long. To quote one politician, 'A week is a long time in politics'. Public opinion can turn against him, particularly if there are senators pointing out the flaws in his policies.

2. Will a large number of senators lose their seats due to this change in public opinion?[face_mischief] Will Bail Organa be

6. The_Slilent_One

The_Slilent_One Jedi Master star 3

Sep 19, 2004
    "The game of politics, Obi-Wan. The only game there is," this time, Mace Windu actually smiled.

Sad but tru.

Anakin really is playing the schism theme to the end isn't he [face_thinking]

Great Work :)

7. nada_smith

nada_smith Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 8, 2006
    This continues to be a fantastic story! I love Obi-Wan and Anakin's relationship in this. I hope they get to work more closely together.

8. JediMasterJessica

JediMasterJessica Jedi Master star 3

Jul 26, 2005
    interesting chapter.....very interesting. Can't wait for the next one

9. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    I so love the politics of this situation. FINALLY the council, or what's left of it, considers Anakin the chosen one, and the power of his status as a hero of the war, to redeem the Jedi. But in this case, the NEW Jedi order. Love your AU! Great story..

10. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    All right, now this has definitely been criminally overdue. I think that there needs to be something fresh here, something I haven't really examined as of yet. But I am about to. Let's just hope it does not bring the rhythm of the overall narrative.

This was just one of their training bases.

Anakin Skywalker and the boy beside him moved in unison on the rooftops of Yavin IV's sun-warmed pyramids. Everything around them seemed to move with their movements -- the swaying of the jungle, the chirps of the indigenous lifeforms there, the warm summer air, and the humming whir of their lightsaber blades.

The young Grand Master of the New Jedi Order exulted in the vibrant warmth of the gas giant above them. His hair had grown longer, and thick, bleached by many days in the sun. Sweat broke out on his exposed chest. In the shady corner of one of the temple edifices, Padme watched her husband and his Apprentice train. Not too long ago, she knew that the flesh on Anakin's body had been pale, and drawn. But now it was tanned and rippled with returned muscle mass. There was something very healthy and alive about him -- something more casual and relaxed about his power, and the movements that expressed it.

It was very hard for Padme to remember that her husband had been so close to death. They had been so busy recruiting and training new Jedi and dealing with ... other matters. There was a drive to Anakin now, a purpose that Padme had not seen in some time, and certainly not in the way that it was expressing itself now.

Sometimes that drive had scared her. Certainly, while she approved and understood Anakin's reasons for leaving the Old Order, she had been a little askance about him forming his own. It was a delicate situation which the former Senator's political instincts made her quite aware of. She still maintained her ties to Naboo and various unofficial channels. Padme even kept ties to the original Delegation of 2000 as they were in the process of rebuilding the Republic that Palpatine nearly destroyed. But Anakin was learning. Even as he was teaching, he was still learning.

Padme was very proud of the man that her husband had become.

Finally, Anakin disengaged his lightsaber. As his and his Apprentice's blue blades vanished in reverse snap-hisses, another older man walked past Padme towards the two. He bowed his head slightly and with respect to the former Senator and bent down to catch Anakin's Apprentice as he leapt right into his arms.

"Father," she heard the boy say, "Master Anakin says my saber skills are coming along real good."

"So I could see," the older man laughed. Then he looked up at Anakin, "My son is doing very well under your tutelage, Master Skywalker."

"Please, Kento," Anakin smiled, "First names. I'm not a stodgy old Master. Not yet anyway."

Kento laughed. Padme remembered finding the Jedi on Kashyyyk. His wife, another Jedi, had died during the Clone Wars in an attempt to save the Wookies from Trandoshan slavers -- leaving her husband widowed and her child without a mother. Their union had been against the Jedi Code -- the original Jedi Code. One day, Anakin sensed he had to be on the Wookie homeworld, and found the two there. She remembered him immediately befriending Kento, and almost falling in love with the Jedi's son.

"I'm telling you, Kento," Anakin laughed, "one day, he's going to be one of the most skilled Jedi in our Order."

"Oh, I can believe that," Kento smiled with some mirth, "Do you remember when he took your lightsaber from you on Kashyyyk?"

Anakin grinned, "How could I forget. Little rascal," Anakin reached over and rubbed the boy's tussled hair, "I'm telling you, I now know what my own Master said when he told me I'd be the death of him."

"Oh, I should hope not, Anakin," Kento shook his head, "Well, come along now Galen. Time to eat."

To Padme, Galen always seemed a solemn child, but that made her love him more. Those quiet dark eyes made both her and her husband want to hug him.

"Yes, Father," Galen Marek looked back at hi

11. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Ohhhh very interesting indeed- Master Yoda wanting to join the new order. I do wonder what Anakin will say about this. Glad to see this fic update, it was worth the wait.

12. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    FitJedi: I'm glad I could add something to this, and that is was decent. As for the rest ... let me see ...

Very few things surprised Anakin Skywalker these days. Especially after the Clone Wars and his coma, and the revelation of where he came from and his place in the Force now, for the most part the new Jedi Grandmaster just accepted what came with extreme prejudice -- the result of the constructive part of his old, and core personality.

But when he heard Yoda's request, and even more so, hearing the ancient Master call him of all people Master ... suffice to say, it really took him aback.

Finally, after some time, Anakin found his voice again, "Pardon me?"

"Heard me well, you did," Yoda replied, "join your New Order, I shall."

"I'm ... I'm afraid I don't quite understand," a perplexed look furrowed the young Grandmaster's brow.

"Understand, you do, Chosen One."

"But there is really nothing I can ... teach you."

"Others, beg to differ they do on this matter."

"Others? Qui-Gon," an exasperated look flickered in Anakin's eyes for a few moments.

"Never told you anything of this, did he?" there was a small smile of amusement on Yoda's lips.

Anakin sighed and finally slumped his shoulders, "No. Of course, there are a lot of things he still doesn't always tell me."

"This I know all too well," Yoda chortled, "pain in the butt, Obi-Wan's old Master can be."

The Chosen One blinked. Had Yoda just said what he thought he did? Did they really think that ... alike?

"No, perhaps tell you Qui-Gon did not. But tell you, the Force most certainly did," Yoda continued, with gentle reproach.

"Anakin, Master Yoda," Padme cut in politely, "I'm going go back home. The children are waiting and I don't know how much longer Threepio can last. Even with Artoo."

"Oh, Padme. I'm so sorry, I completely --"

Padme kissed Anakin on the cheek, "It's all right, Anakin. I will be preparing dinner though. And I will be making an extra place," she looked pointedly at Yoda.

Yoda smiled, "Accept your invitation I most certainly do, Mistress Amidala-Skywalker."

"I will see you later, my lady," Anakin said, squeezing her hand.

"See you soon. Don't be too long."

As Padme walked away, Yoda settled back onto the ground, crossing his feet under him, "Rest I need a bit."

Anakin looked down and lowered himself to the ground as well.

"Love you, she does," Yoda murmured, "much love surrounds you now."

Anakin couldn't help but quirk one eyebrow, "Isn't love something you once considered to be an attachment."

"Much yet to learn, I said I did," Yoda sighed, "strong, alive your connection to the Force is now. As strong as the others before."

"Others?"

"Two hundred years, after Ruusan, still much fire in the Order there was," the ancient Master explained, "many of the reforms, the strictures not yet fully consolidated they were. Allowed a peaceful transition, they had to be," he looked at Anakin, "Not born a crechling, was I. Came to the Order, I did with a friend many years ago. Much about life, about love, I knew even then. Watched many Jedi grow, trained many more I did. Some, even with the strictures, fell. Even then.

"The fire, gone out it did after a few centuries, save in pockets of Jedi. Special Jedi. Watched many fall from attachment, a few leave, but most was serenity and peace."

"Exactly what the Order, and the Republic had been looking for, for so long. You know, I never really understood that before, until this War ended."

"Peace, taken for granted it always is," Yoda nodded sadly, "Breeds complacency and restlessness, it does. Blindness. Ignorance. The worst kind of ignorance. That of the self. Sometimes, not constructive a purely peaceful transition is. Called these times shatterpoints, Master Windu did," the ancient Master looked up at him, "Your transition, sudden it was. Timely, yes, but still sudden. Still radical. No," before Anakin could say anything, "not berating you, am I. Necessary, it was. See that now, I do. A glimpse of things, I ha

13. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    I really like where this is going. I like how Master Yoda is open to the change that has already taken place as well as his positivity towards Anakin. I can't wait to see what will happen next.

14. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    I just found this story and pretty much read it in one day. It is amazing and so different. I can't wait for more and I hope that even with your busy schedule, you are able to update more frequently! Wonderful work!

15. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    FitJedi: Master Yoda has had a lot of time to think. He has also gotten some insight that most Jedi have not had in quite some time. He knows that Anakin has in a way achieved an enlightenment that has also given him some perspective. I also can see Yoda not being on a Council, taking a similar role as he does in the Old Trilogy, but certainly no less influential for it. As Anakin pointed out -- the teacher also learns from the student.

penpadme: Thank you. I hope I can continue updating this story. My University just went on strike, so things will be interesting for a while. I'm Grad School and I now live in an apartment. A lot has happened since I posted here last. I know a lot of people loved this story, but have probably lost it over time because of my absence. I can only hope more will find it again. It may be over soon. We have yet to see.

16. penpadme

penpadme Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 12, 2006
    Well, good luck with all that is going on in your life. I hope it goes well. I think many people will catch back up with this story and many new ones will find this anew. It is wonderful and a great read and very moving. I really hope you continue with it!

17. JonnyOizumi

JonnyOizumi Jedi Youngling

Oct 31, 2008
    Holy -swears in excitement-! You put Galen Marek from TFU in there! I just read this in one day, and it had basically as much of an effect on me comparable to that of TFU, Star by Star, or Invincible. Nice one, man. Anakin taking the place of what his son would do 20 years later canonically. Creating the New Jedi Order on Yavin IV. You, master, are a saint. I can only hope that you will put Kyle Katarn in there, along with the other epic characters of the EU. Like Galen and Kento. I loved that reference to the prologue of TFU in the house at the beginning, with the lightsaber incident. Nice. Staying dedicated to this for over a year... I am inspired by your dedication to this. You would be a great EU author.

18. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    penpadme: Thanks. :) I shall definitely do what I can to maintain this fic. Right to the bitter end. ;)

JonnyOizumi: I'm so glad that someone noticed that little bit of less than subtle sleight of hand. I'm not sure just how many EU characters I will be able to fit into here, to be honest -- because there are so many of them and so many good ones as well. Nevertheless, you do me great honour with your comments, sir. I thank you.

19. Jedi_Master_Cazz

Jedi_Master_Cazz Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 13, 2005
    Oh this is BRILLIANT! You must PM me! Brownies to Anakin for his bravery and daring! I hope he and his followers can come to friendly terms with the Old Order, it sort of reminds me of how Athenians used to send their children to be educated partially in Sparta to learn those different skills, great job on that!

20. Azura

Azura Jedi Youngling

Feb 13, 2008
    I have to echo all the other readers and compliment you on this awesome story. It has some of the best characterizations I've seen; I can easily picture and hear them having these insightful conversations. You've crafted a unique but entirely believable AU full of truly heartwarming and dramatic moments. I look forward to future installments.

21. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    All right, again it has been a while since I've written anything here, and I wouldn't be surprised if everyone has more or less drifted away from this story since then. My University, believe it or not, is still on Strike and things have been ... somewhat difficult since that point. But I've been doing a lot of other writing and going out more whenever I can and discovering new things.

So before I continue on, let me respond to a few comments.

Jedi_Master_Cazz: I actually never heard about the Athenians and Spartans participating in a trade of children for a time, but it does make a lot of sense when I think about it, and it fits their characters well. As for this, it just made sense to me. There would be many Jedi who would want to remain with the original roles and lifestyle that they grew up with. I figured that quite a few would become instructors, and have access to a lot of the original lore, whereas Anakin's followers would go out and actually act in the Galaxy, and be a part of it. Both sides could, and hopefully will work together in the coming years in a very interdependent way. Right now, they are at a transition point. It's almost like the Old Order represents the Unified Force, while the New Order that is out in the Galaxy right now embodies the Living Force. In either case, those were some really interesting insights, Jedi_Master_Cazz. Thank you. :)

Azura: Thank you too, Azura. I always try to remain "in-character" as I write these other characters. I find that writing it from a third person limited point of view helps a lot. The key is to draw on all the information that I have, or to look for the stuff I don't know, while at the same time not "info-dumping." It can be hard. But these are the conversations and the interactions that I wish these characters all had at some point in canon.

So now, after being away for a bit, I have been trying to find an angle in which to return into this story. And I think that I may just know the way. As The Bride would say from Kill Bill, "You and I have some unfinished business." ;)

It had been a few years now, and so far there was very little word on the matter.

The matter of Anakin Skywalker. A matter that contained many matters indeed.

Mace Windu looked out the window of the Temple Council Chamber. The reconstruction of Coruscant's city had progressed very efficiently. To anyone who had been been a witness to the atrocities of the Clone Wars, apart from a few minor alterations it almost seemed like there had been no damage to begin with. But the Korun Master remembered the Battle of Coruscant all too well -- with the legions of battle droids, and ships, and fighting alongside Master Yoda.

Even though he had effectively been Grand Master for a few years since the other's self-exile, Mace couldn't help but miss the ancient Jedi's presence, and counsel. The Galaxy itself was relatively quiet now. For a place that been characterized by one conflict after another, aside from a few skirmishes and incidents it was calm now, almost -- and Mace Windu hesitated over considering this idea -- peaceful.

And this was what bothered the Korun Jedi Master most of all.

It was all too convenient. Mace Windu did not seek conflict. Certainly, he did not ever want a return to the horrors of war. But it was all very neatly wrapped up. Completed. It was as though this wasn't a Galaxy teeming with life, but a storybook neatly ended. In other words, to a man who found fighting in many a battle and a war, he was not fooled. Not one bit. Mace Windu's shatterpoint abilities kept pointing him to the Outer Rim. Unsurprisingly enough, however, there was very little activity that he could sense from that point.

What the Galaxy at large knew about the circumstances was even less than that. As for as most people were concerned, Anakin Skywalker, a part of the legendary Kenobi-Skywalker duo and the Hero Without Fear -- the Chosen One disappeared with all the Grand Army of the Republic ... had vanished with them and the beloved former Queen and Senator Padme Am

22. FitJedi

Jan 14, 2006
    And enter back in Obi-Wan and Mace, I can't wait to see where this goes. Maybe an Anakin/Obi-Wan reunion.

23. aliceandjasper

aliceandjasper Jedi Youngling star 1

May 18, 2007
    It´s good you updated again. I really missed this story and the chapter, though short, was a nice re-introduction to the story. Mace seems to have good insight into what happens in the galaxy.
    What I really hope for, though, is a reunion between Anakin and Obi Wan. There seems to be something missing when they are apart.

24. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    FitJedi: That is more than possible, FitJedi. ;)

aliceandjasper: Well, Mace has been Grand Master for some time, and even before that he had a very good grasp of galactic public affairs. It is what he doesn't know that bothers him at the moment. And it has taken me a while to find a vantage point to continue this story. As it goes on now and when I find the opportunity, hopefully it will go a little more smoothly. Also ... I agree: there is something strange when the Kenobi-Skywalker Team isn't together, with no black mask to separate them this time around.

25. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    great story!!!!
    hope you continue soon, I wanna know what happens [face_dancing]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.