main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga I've Had It (an Anakin Skywalker AU *Updated July 11 2009) COMPLETED!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by darth_treyvah, Jul 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ILDV

ILDV Jedi Youngling

Apr 28, 2008
    Very touching story.

2. darth_treyvah

darth_treyvah Jedi Master star 3

Dec 26, 2005
    Thank you, GeneralKenobi7 and ILDV. Your comments mean a lot.

Now then. Shall we? ;)

Obi-Wan didn't understand it, though the logic of these past few days made sense. All too much sense. He sat in the Gardens and watched the red-orange sky of Coruscant begin to brighten. His blue eyes blinked from the growing sunlight, a thing that rarely happened when he was in deep within the meditative serenity of the Force. Which was not this day.

"I would have thought you would be practicing your katas," another voice mused, "at least, that is what you always did when you had difficulty meditating."

"So," Obi-Wan said after a while, taking full stock of the glowing form in front of him, "I'm not losing my mind after all."

"No more so than any of us have, my dear Padawan," the apparition of Qui-Gon Jinn settled onto the grass next to his former Apprentice, "Though at the very least I got to avoid that part of the aging process. Thank goodness for small miracles, I suppose."

A smile tugged at the corners of Obi-Wan's bearded mouth.

Qui-Gon chuckled, "You have absolutely no idea how to deal with this less than empirical display, do you?"

"No," Obi-Wan admitted, his eyes glistening, "but it makes so much sense."

Qui-Gon Jinn wrapped an arm around Obi-Wan's shoulders, and the Jedi was surprised to actually feel the weight and warmth of the other's body, "That was only what I had been trying to tell you for decades now. Before and after my merging into the Force. I swear, Obi-Wan, for someone so naturally intuitive, you can be so dogmatically stubborn sometimes."

"I've missed you so much, Master," Obi-Wan whispered, "We both have."

"And you both did fine without me," Qui-Gon smiled, "I always knew you and Anakin were the best pair together. I couldn't have taught him any better myself."

"... I -- I don't know about that," Obi-Wan closed his eyes, "I made so many mistakes ..."

"We all have, Padawan. Or has death made me into something of a posthumous saint?"

Obi-Wan laughed, and tried to keep from crying, "Oh, the gods no. The Force take me, there was so much you could have helped me understand. So much advice I needed ..."

"I was always there, Obi-Wan. Even though neither of you could see me, I never left you. Neither you, nor Anakin."

The younger Jedi Master's eyes perked up, "You were with Anakin when he went into his coma."

"Yes," Qui-Gon Jinn nodded, "and much earlier besides. Even on Tattooine with his mother."

Obi-Wan's brow furrowed deeply and this time he wouldn't meet Qui-Gon's gaze, "I should have been there that day ..."

"You had other concerns, Obi-Wan. As much as you love him, Anakin knew that the path of a Jedi was not an easy one. And believe me, I tried to stop him," Qui-Gon Jinn's eyes looked faraway and sad, "but you were not the only person he didn't listen to."

"How?" was the only question Obi-Wan could ask.

"You know some of the old legends, Obi-Wan. About how a Jedi or Force-sensitive through rejecting all greed and selfishness let the Force completely engulf them until everything they were vanished into ascension. Some sacrificed themselves in battle to save others. Others died of old age and the Force took them whole."

"I thought they were just tales."

"When you think about it, Obi-Wan a lot of stories about the Jedi Knights are tales. A lot of it is hearsay and legend. Some of it myth. For instance, some thought the Order came from Ossus and then Tython -- but there was very little proof, as you would most certainly point out. Certainly, much of the Galaxy does not know the full extent of our abilities in the Force. Most certainly, many would consider what we do witchcraft or magic. So, when you think about it, achieving an afterlife is not that far a stretch now, is it?"

Obi-Wan chuckled hoarsely, "You always had an interesting logic, Master. The Force is infinite."

"But even we, as parts of the Force, are not all infinite," Qui-Gon amended, "you and I, and others, and even Anakin did and do what we could. And can. It took me a long time to manifest myself

3. Joya_Oscura

Joya_Oscura Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2008
    I just started reading this story early this morning and I haven't stopped reading until I got to the last chapter. This story is brilliant. It had me captivated from start to finish. In fact, near the beginning, there were several times I was on the verge of crying due to what was happening around Anakin. I can't wait to see what the next chapter will bring. Please PM me when the next chapter is released.

4. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    Good to hear that Obi-Wan has finally been able to talk with Qui-Gon and find out that he will be seeing Anakin quite soon.

5. GeneralKenobi7

GeneralKenobi7 Jedi Knight star 4

Jan 18, 2009
    great post =D=
    nice dialogue between Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon
    i'm anxiously awaiting your next post =P~
    Could you please PM me when you update this?

6. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    Joya_Oscura: Thank you so much. I'm so glad to hear that. :)

FitJedi: Well, their meeting was bound to happen. And it will be quite the event, I'd wager.

GeneralKenobi7: Thank you too, and I will get to the next part as soon as is possible. :)

7. Spyman290

Spyman290 Jedi Knight star 1

Jun 22, 2006
    just found this fic the other day and wow =D= good job,

i like how you had anakin not just changing the order but starting a new order.

Spyman

P.S. can i get onto the PM list?

8. whateveritis12

whateveritis12 Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 29, 2008
    Good story, also good to see that the galaxy will be better prepared for the Vong then they were in the NJO books.

Any news on EU characters that you will be using? I think that Thrawn would be someone you could use. Also one more question, exactly what year is it as of this last chapter?

One last thing, could you put me on the PM list?

9. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    It's interesting to see Anakin and Obi-Wan grandmasters at the same time. :) what a picture.

10. DountCooku

DountCooku Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 22, 2006
    I am enjoying this story, especially with the disturbance in the Force looming. If you have a PM list, will you please add me to it? Thanks. :)

11. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    Three posts for me to catch up with here.:)

I see Padme likes how Anakin looks:

The young Grand Master of the New Jedi Order exulted in the vibrant warmth of the gas giant above them. His hair had grown longer, and thick, bleached by many days in the sun. Sweat broke out on his exposed chest. In the shady corner of one of the temple edifices, Padme watched her husband and his Apprentice train. Not too long ago, she knew that the flesh on Anakin's body had been pale, and drawn. But now it was tanned and rippled with returned muscle mass. There was something very healthy and alive about him -- something more casual and relaxed about his power, and the movements that expressed it.

=P~[face_love] That said, she's also glad to see that he's emotionally maturing:

Sometimes that drive had scared her. Certainly, while she approved and understood Anakin's reasons for leaving the Old Order, she had been a little askance about him forming his own. It was a delicate situation which the former Senator's political instincts made her quite aware of. She still maintained her ties to Naboo and various unofficial channels. Padme even kept ties to the original Delegation of 2000 as they were in the process of rebuilding the Republic that Palpatine nearly destroyed. But Anakin was learning. Even as he was teaching, he was still learning.

Padme was very proud of the man that her husband had become.

I'm very sure you are, sister!:) It does make sense. We have to remember that Anakin was, at the time of RotS, 22-23 years of age. While he was a slave, and then a Jedi, having more varied experiences than many, he was still a young man, coming to terms with being a husband, father, and having a father-figure revealed as a Sith lord.

I liked the exchange between him and his apprentice's father:

Finally, Anakin disengaged his lightsaber. As his and his Apprentice's blue blades vanished in reverse snap-hisses, another older man walked past Padme towards the two. He bowed his head slightly and with respect to the former Senator and bent down to catch Anakin's Apprentice as he leapt right into his arms.

"Father," she heard the boy say, "Master Anakin says my saber skills are coming along real good."

"So I could see," the older man laughed. Then he looked up at Anakin, "My son is doing very well under your tutelage, Master Skywalker."

"Please, Kento," Anakin smiled, "First names. I'm not a stodgy old Master. Not yet anyway."

Nice!:D I also liked this mention of Luke and Leia:

"I'm telling you, Padme," Anakin said with some quiet awe, "one day, that kid might even surpass me."

"I don't know, Anakin," Padme wrapped her arm around his waist and leaned against him, "he might have some competition from Luke."

"Or Leia," Anakin nodded.

"His blade-work looks very familiar."

Good!:) And we have a surprise (for us) visitor, who ends up making a surprise request:

"Master Yoda, what do you want to ask us?"

"Much you have to reveal to us, Chosen One."

"Master?"

"Always learn the teacher must, or the teacher fails to teach."

"I'm not sure I understand."

"Much Qui-Gon has helped me realize. Many lessons, I have been learning from him. Now, wishes me to move on he does," Yoda bowed his head, "My place, here it is with you. Wish to join your New Order I do ... Master."

That was quite an ending!:eek: If Yoda's now on side, you've certainly got your way, Ani!=D= I liked their conversation here about the Jedi Order:

"Exactly what the Order, and the Republic had been looking for, for so long. You know, I never really understood that before, until this War ended."

"Peace, taken for granted it always is," Yoda nodded sadly, "Breeds complacency and restlessness, it does. Blindness. Ignorance. The worst kind of ignorance. That of the self. Sometimes, not constructive a purely peaceful transition is. Called these times shatterpoints, Master Windu did," the ancient Master looked up at him, "Your transition, sudden it w

12. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    Hello everyone.

First, let me apologize for my very long delay. During this past while, since the Winter I have been dealing with the insanity that is Grad School, as well as life itself. Darth Real Life has been a very formidable opponent, telekinetically hurdling objects at me and now resorting to Force lightning and some Torture by Chagrin from time to time. In fact, there are many work matters that I have to attend to, but Darth Real Life's Apprentice, Darth Procrastination has been hurrying at my flanks as well.

So as I fight this Master and Apprentice team, I just want to say a few things. To be honest, I didn't even know how exactly I was going to continue this fanfic beyond the point that I brought it to. I obviously needed to deal with a lot of the issues that I brought up and also reunite Obi-Wan and Anakin. And then, today, very much still "drunken from lack of sleep" (though conversely very eloquent because of that in a writing sense), I remembered one matter I didn't deal with.

Anakin's lightsaber. Now, for the tie-in.

And then, in the words of Seraph from The Matrix, "I'm afraid I must apologize."

"For what?"

"For this."

This will be the last post. But to those who still remember, I greatly appreciate your dedication and your following of this fic. I enjoyed writing it very much, for myself and for you. Anyway, let me reiterate my thanks and continue for one last great post.

Take care everyone.

Sincerely,
    darth_treyvah

13. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    Three Years Later

"All right," Anakin Skywalker spoke into his comm as he stared off at the tropical horizon of Yavin IV, "Skirata, Bardan and Etain will lead the first team in. Hopefully, Vau hasn't antagonized everyone too much this time around."

"No, Master Skywalker. Their ... heated debates seem to be nothing out of the ordinary, or at least nothing beyond their terms of familiarity. Both Delta and Omega Squads seem to be operating much in the same way."

Anakin shook his head, and laughed, "Very reminiscent of my military collaboration days, I assure you Admiral."

The cool voice on the other end of the receiver seemed to inflect itself with some wry amusement, "I never knew that clones could swear that profusely. I suppose all the news feeds I got from your HoloNet were not nearly as accurate depictions of life as I thought."

"No amount of propaganda is, Admiral."

"Propaganda ... such an inferior art-form. What a pity," the voice remained casual, but it was all business again, "I have made sure that General Cody's 212th Attack Battalion is the unit to back them up."

"And the 501st?"

"Ready and waiting. General ... Rex, I believe it is? He says that after this engagement, he and yourself have some 'catching up' to do."

"Oh yes," Anakin smiled, "Very much so. And Master Kota ... is he ... err ..."

"'Behaving,' Master Skywalker?"

"Yes," Anakin sighed, "That."

"There were some ... heated debates."

"And not of the friendly, familiar kind I take it?" the Jedi Grand Master quirked an eyebrow.

"General Kota, as he likes to be addressed, has had some ... disagreement with working alongside our clone units. Most of the time, he surrounds himself with his Militia and members of the Antarian Rangers working with us on this campaign. He does his job well."

"But refuses clone aid, I take it."

"For the most part. Though may I say, Master Skywalker, that your Apprentice seems to be the mediating force diffusing most of the conflict."

"Knight Marek does that," Anakin replied, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

There was a reason why he had sent young Galen to work alongside General Kota. The grizzled old Jedi Master and warrior balked a lot of the time at even Anakin's own orders, and his men, and some of the Antarian Rangers seemed to follow him more than the New Jedi Order. However, for some reason Kota had taken a liking to Galen Marek and his own quiet, efficient way of doing things. If anything, the General was trying to get Galen to "lighten up," something that had taken Anakin years to do. But there was a lot that the two could learn from each other. Galen's open-minded and improvisational stance worked well with Kota's guerrilla tactics, and there was a lot the young man could learn from the old war veteran's stratagems.

"The Chiss --"

"--will still not engage, but they have decided to remain neutral and let us pass through their Space to do what we need. And Sekot's fighters are backing us up well. Sekot High Command wants to speak to the invaders."

"And the planet will," Anakin amended, "Once we get some of them to start talking and stop shooting," Anakin closed his eyes, "There will be a lot more resistance soon," he gave a rueful smile. If not having been granted the rank of Master in the Old Order, he had never wanted for Mastery over stating the obvious, ""And the world that the Far Outsiders took?"

"The Vong," the Admiral's voice corrected, politely, "Their outpost has been secured. There have been some causalities, but very minimal. The Noghri Commando infiltrators have been doing their jobs well. It was ... artfully done."

"Excellent. You're doing an excellent job, Admiral Thrawn," Anakin was very glad that he had uncovered the identity of this Unknown Space commander, one of the more ... pleasant secrets hidden within Palpatine's "borrowed" archives, "I will meet up with you soon. The Force be with you."

"And with you, Master Skywalker."

Anakin took a little more time to stare out at the jungle, gathering what little peace he could before he had to do the inevita

14. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Aw. I loved it. Brilliant as always. It's sad to see it end, would like more, but the ending works. :) Awesome job!

15. FitJedi

FitJedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 14, 2006
    I must say that I have enjoyed reading this fic from start to finish and hate to see it end but it has been a great ride- thank you for taking us on it.

16. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    jacen200015: Long time and no see. I'm really glad you liked the ending to this fic. I know a lot more can be said here, but I think the general idea has reached its natural point.

FitJedi: Thank you too, for letting yourself come on this ride. :)

17. Kevin_Solo

Kevin_Solo Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 22, 2007
    A lovely ending, darth_treyvah!=D==D=

Like others, I'm sad to see it end here;:( but as you felt you couldn't go any further with the story, you tied up things very well.[face_peace]

So three years have passed.[face_thinking] Nice to see Anakin dealing with a familiar Chiss admiral here:

The cool voice on the other end of the receiver seemed to inflect itself with some wry amusement, "I never knew that clones could swear that profusely. I suppose all the news feeds I got from your HoloNet were not nearly as accurate depictions of life as I thought."

"No amount of propaganda is, Admiral."

"Propaganda ... such an inferior art-form. What a pity," the voice remained casual, but it was all business again, "I have made sure that General Cody's 212th Attack Battalion is the unit to back them up."

"And the 501st?"

"Ready and waiting. General ... Rex, I believe it is? He says that after this engagement, he and yourself have some 'catching up' to do."

"Oh yes," Anakin smiled, "Very much so. And Master Kota ... is he ... err ..."

"'Behaving,' Master Skywalker?"

"Yes," Anakin sighed, "That."

"There were some ... heated debates."

"And not of the friendly, familiar kind I take it?" the Jedi Grand Master quirked any eyebrow.

"General Kota, as he likes to be addressed, has had some ... disagreement with working alongside our clone units. Most of the time, he surrounds himself with his Militia and members of the Antarian Rangers working with us on this campaign. He does his job well."

"But refuses clone aid, I take it."

"For the most part. Though may I say, Master Skywalker, that your Apprentice seems to be the mediating force diffusing most of the conflict."

"Knight Marek does that," Anakin replied, a smile tugging at the corners of his mouth.

There was a reason why he had sent young Galen to work alongside General Kota. The grizzled old Jedi Master and warrior balked a lot of the time at even Anakin's own orders, and his men, and some of the Antarian Rangers seemed to follow him more than the New Jedi Order. However, for some reason Kota had taken a liking to Galen Marek and his own quiet, efficient way of doing things. If anything, the General was trying to get Galen to "lighten up," something that had taken Anakin years to do. But there was a lot that the two could learn from each other. Galen's open-minded and improvisational stance worked well with Kota's guerrilla tactics, and there was a lot the young man could learn from the old war veteran's stratagems.

"The Chiss --"

"--will still not engage, but they have decided to remain neutral and let us pass through their Space to do what we need. And Sekot's fighters are backing us up well. Sekot High Command wants to speak to the invaders."

I had wondered if the fight was with the Vong, and got my answer:

"The Vong," the Admiral's voice corrected, politely, "Their outpost has been secured. There have been some causalities, but very minimal. The Noghri Commando infiltrators have been doing their jobs well. It was ... artfully done."

"Excellent. You're doing an excellent job, Admiral Thrawn," Anakin was very glad that he had uncovered the identity of this Unknown Space commander, one of the more ... pleasant secrets hidden within Palpatine's "borrowed" archives, "I will meet up with you soon. The Force be with you."

Of course, this AU would mean that Thrawn would not be sent into exile.[face_thinking]

Anakin and Obi-Wan meet. It seems the latter, now Grand Master of the Old Order, looks more like the Obi-Wan we're familiar with in ANH:

The Grand Master of the Old Order kept his beard and hair neat and trimmed. Even so, Anakin was very much aware of the fact that Obi-Wan was now in his early forties, and probably looking a little older due to all the hardships he'd gone through in that time. Silver streaked through the older Jedi's beard and at his temples. There were more laugh lines and crows feet around his eyes and cheeks and somehow his nose looked

18. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    Kevin_Solo: You are very kind, Kevin_Solo. I just couldn't resist adding mention of these extra characters at the very end of this piece. Some of them I've only encountered fairly recently, and am still in the process of getting to know. Maybe I will know them better when I get more reading time. One day. :p I'm really glad I could incorporate Galen Marek and Kota in here as well, and somehow incorporate those elements from the would-be Dark Times to continue the "good times," as it were. And I like Grand Admiral Thrawn. I think he is almost my hero, to be honest. ;)

The battle with the Vong will be an interesting one, I am sure. This era is very lucky: because even though the Vong are attacking now, they have not gotten as far as they would have years later. Also, Anakin's considerable farseeing abilities let him perceive things about particular situations that might escape the notice of others. Certainly, whatever Anakin's other faults were, and are, he always follows his gut, and his heart. A lot of this action might have helped the NJO of Luke's time. As it is, I imagine Anakin and company will still have quite the fight on their hands. But they are much more prepared on so many levels. Anyway, enough rambling on my part.

Thanks again for following this for so long. Take care.

19. MoAngel

MoAngel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 13, 2005
    THANK YOU for putting a proper 'cap' on this great story. I would greatly enjoy if you went on with it, but I understand DRL. Good luck in your future endeavors..

20. frankieskywalker

frankieskywalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 13, 2006
    just read the whole thing in one sitting

this was so much better then cannon

great job on the fantastic story

21. darth_treyvah

Dec 26, 2005
    MoAngel: Thank you, MoAngel. I wouldn't have wanted to end this story any other way. I am going to miss it, but I think as I have said this is the best place to end it in any case. Thank you for the good luck in my endeavours and excellent luck to you in yours.

frankieskywalker: Wow. :) Thank you for the tremendous compliment and your interest. :) Take care now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.