main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've just decided that I'm scared as hell of flying...

Discussion in 'Archive: Big Brother Strikes Back' started by RidingMyCarousel, May 30, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RidingMyCarousel

RidingMyCarousel Jedi Master star 6

Feb 20, 2002
    ....Eek. :\

:(

Comfort me? Tell me good stories? Please?

~ James

2. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    In response to posts in this thread (thanks for the support, Greg, btw. :) )...

Amber.. thanks. :) I'm just scared of getting onto something that won't have physical contact with the ground for a few hours. Defying gravity hasn't ever been a thing for me.. I'm scared of it. [face_blush]

SLAVE2: Yup. I'll be taking off and landing. Up and down. :)

GabeC... I won't even get into that. Not something I enjoy openly discussing on these forums. Sorry.

anakin_girl... Hehe, I always imagine myself as an X-Wing pilot in Top Gun... So.... hehe... And I don't get sick off of any coasters there, so... :)

Kung-Fu-Yoda -- Hehe, yup yup. :D

Anakin_Sleepwalker... I think the point is not to die.

Dowe: Thanks, Buddy. :)

Adam... Hey, I'll be in good company in RI. ;) All safe and warm. :D [face_love] [face_blush] Thanks, buddy. That helps quite a bit. :)

~ James

3. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    I've flown... gosh, it has to have been over 100 times. The worst I've encountered is some bad weather. Really, it unnerves me sometimes as well, but I know it's more safe statistically than riding in a car, so I don't worry. :) It can be very beautiful to see the earth from up in the sky, you know? If all else fails, take sleeping pills ;)

4. TheEmperorsHand

TheEmperorsHand Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 27, 2000
    aw, I'm sure you'll be fine James! I mean, I've actually never flown before.. (very surprising) :p but I'm sure it'll go as planned and you'll be perfectly fine!

5. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks, y'all. :)

I just need to easen up, methinks... :)

~ James

6. JediPrincessKas

JediPrincessKas Jedi Master star 5

Aug 9, 2002
    Flying is pretty fun! I just took my first flight almost 3 years ago, and have only flown once since then. But both times were really neat. I've had some bad luck with delays and emergency landings (had to refuel...we circled and airport for too long due to air traffic), but that makes it all more exciting. :D

Plus, taking off is just a bunch of fun.

7. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    James, if it makes you feel any better, I used to fly a lot. My old job had me averaging about 6 flights a month. I've never once had a problem. Plus, I got a lot of reading done :D

And you're only flying to RI, right? It won't take too long.

8. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    I'll carry a good book with me then, methinks. :)

~ James

9. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    Honestly, a good book and some dramamine. If you get to nervous you can knock yourself out. ;) Really the only thing about flying that makes me nervous is takeoff. For some reason I just get a little jittery then. I try to go to sleep while I'm waiting for takeoff so that I sleep through it.

Good luck James! :D

10. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Thanks, Kate. :)

My flight is about a day and a half off. All day tomorrow, I'm packing and cleaning up. I need to leave my room ready for me to come home and box it all up in a few weeks, so, eh, that'll be fun, I guess. :p

Wish me a safe flight, y'all. :) And pray nothing bad happens. :p If it does, eh, I'll put my shiney new cell phone to use... :D

Well, I'm off.

Enjoy the week! :)

~ James

11. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    I realized how much of a geek I was when each time the plane took off I thought of aerodynamics and the concepts of lift and drag. I need to watch more mindless TV. :p

Have fun, James! :) Flying is easy, and the little bags of pretzels are sweet! :D

Jae Angel

12. Katya Jade

Katya Jade Administrator Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 19, 2002
    James, worst case scenario, remember to use your seat cushion as a floatation device and to break your fall. :p

13. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    The flight wasn't bad and I'm in Rhode Island now... :)

~ James

14. RidingMyCarousel

Feb 20, 2002
    Nathan and mac... I would have gotten on AIM, but I had to go pick up some shaving cream and extra razors. And afterwards, it was time for Sara and myself to watch a movie (hehe, I don't watch very many...).

Feel free to email me, though; I'll check that in just un moment... :)

~ James

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.