main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I've just made a deal......" coolest scene ever

Discussion in 'Classic Trilogy' started by AlecGuinnessBeer, Mar 8, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa

Smuggler-of-Mos-Espa Jedi Youngling star 6

Jan 23, 2002
    Yeah, this scene had a dark attitude in it, plus the gang never thought they would go face to face with a notorious crime lord and bounty hunter.

2. Mister_Bunny

Mister_Bunny Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 5, 2001
    There's also the small coincidence that Han is shooting at his future father-in-law.

3. Lord-Vegas

Lord-Vegas Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 8, 2003
    I also like that fact that Vader has wipped out all of the Jedi in the Galaxy, he rules by fear yet the first time Han meets him he pulls a gun and tries to waste him. That took some courage to do. Vader kills his own men for making a minor mistake.

I wonder if thats why Vader tortured him...just for fun!!!

4. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    I think he tortured him to find out where Luke was. It's just an assumption.

Anyhow I definitely agree... that was a totally cool scene. I wonder if they had dinner afterwards. ?[face_plain] :p

5. Cyprusg

Cyprusg Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 16, 2002
    I think he tortured him to find out where Luke was. It's just an assumption.

Uhhh... in the movie Han says they never asked him any questions. Obviously Vader knew Luke was going to try and save his friends, he just tortured Han for fun.

6. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    That is true, isn't it. Perhaps Vader was angry that Han tried to shoot him.

BTW exactly how did they torture Han? I still don't quite get what that "torturing" device was supposed to do to him.

7. BaronFel88

BaronFel88 Jedi Knight star 7

Jan 25, 2004
    I think it was a metal scanner of some sort. But Vader found another use for it. [face_devil]

8. SLAVE2

SLAVE2 Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 6, 2000
    That's what I love so much about the OT. It tells a great story, but leaves some things to your imagination, which is wonderful.

When Lucas tries to do something like that in the PT, leave something to your imagination, (e.g. the Tusken slaughter in AOTC) people complain and criticise him for it.

Anyway, this particular scene, my favourite part about it is Chewie's nervous glance over his shoulder right before they reach the door.

9. Worst_Jedi_Ever

Worst_Jedi_Ever Jedi Master star 1

Jan 13, 2004
    I have a little bit of a different take on this scene. I think it's hysterical that Vader's there sitting at the head of the table, which has place settings for the entire group, as though Vader expected that Han and Leia might have agreed to just go ahead and have dinner with the Dark Lord of the Sith! Like they would look at each other and Leia would say, "Well, we haven't eaten yet, let's just hear what he has to say..." and the whole crew would have this really awkward meal together. Then Han uses the wrong fork and Vader force-chokes him, saying "I will not accept another such failure".
    Of course, Han shoots first and asks what's on the menu later, so this never came to fruition, but in the moment after Vader grabs Han's gun, before the cut to the next scene, there's a moment where, by George, it does look like that dinner might take place after all. Sadly, the film cuts away, so we'll never know exactly what happened...

10. TwiLekJedi

TwiLekJedi Pretty Ex-Mod star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 14, 2001
    How about a FanFilmContest about that dinner for Celebration3? Some funny ones, some silly ones, some unexpected ones, some serious ones. Winner wins... a dinner with David Prowse and James Earl Jones.

11. JediMasterChiefYoda

JediMasterChiefYoda Jedi Master star 3

Aug 8, 2003
    Even if Vader and company were to have attempted to eat, who would have eaten? I don't think Vader could have eaten, and somehow I doubt Han, Chewie, and the Princess had much of an appitate, Threepio wasn't there (nor is he capable of eating), and somehow I don't think that Fett would have taken off his helment to eat. The troopers and Lobot, being aides & troopers would not have been invited to the meal. Lando may have eaten, but if he had has much brains as charm, he didn't to look like he was sorry for Han's benifet.

Edit: correction

12. rumsmuggler

rumsmuggler Chosen One star 7

Aug 31, 2000
    That scene is cool because that is the only time that someone is seen shooting at Vader and that Han is doing it

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.