main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

I've just seen Matrix Reloaded and...

Discussion in 'Archive: Scifi 3D Forum' started by Dr. Jones, May 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi2016

Jedi2016 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 3, 2000
    Again, there have been THREE Matrices. The first one was the utopian world.. it failed. The second was a more realistic world.. it failed. The third is the one that currently exists. Similar to the second, except the people jacked into it have an unconcious choice of whether or not to accept the program. This makes the system much more stable, but also results in the occasional anomoly, "The One", like Neo. ALL SIX ONES have existed in the SAME Matrix, and the Matrix is NOT RESET EVERY TIME THE ONE SHOWS UP. THE MATRIX HAS NEVER BEEN RESET, IT WOULD KILL EVERYONE ATTACHED TO IT. I don't know where the hell people keep getting that idea.

2. Golden-Y

Golden-Y Jedi Grand Master star 3

Nov 18, 2000
    It doesn't reset itself but it does create a new version of itself, an upgraded version. Maybe people are "shut down" when this occurs or maybe their minds are refreshed in some way to live another life or something. Maybe the Matrix builds the code for the next version of itself and once it's complete, it does a smooth transition where nothing changes in the eyes of human beings. Yeah, I think that's it. :)

3. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    What's this "version" thing? The Matrix is unchanged from One to One.. The only thing that happens is that the Ones code is reinserted into the program.. all this does is restabilize the system until the next One appears.

I was thinking about this, and I think you guys are getting confused about the Architect's statement "This is the sixth version".. He's talking about Neo being the sixth version of the One, he's not talking about the Matrix. He says, and I quote:

"I prefer counting from
    the emergence of one integral anomaly to the emergence of the next, in which case this is the sixth version."

He's clearly talking about Neo, the "integral anomaly". There is NO mention anywhere in that conversation of any changes to the Matrix itself. "The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program." All the One does is restabilize the Matrix, he does not recreate it or reset it or anything like that.

If you'd like me to post the entire conversation between Neo and the Architect, I can.. the word "reset" does not appear once.

4. diabloblanco17

diabloblanco17 Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 8, 2002
    I think maybe alot of this has to do with where the people came from to start off with. They had to recreate their world and then I guess they could control their advancement.. slow it down. SO the Matrix had to start off with the 90's b/c I guess that's when the war started. BUT this is a good question still. They have not addressed it in the story yet. I can poke alot of holes like this in Star Wars, Terminator, etc. too.

But the people in the Matrix did not come from a world like ours in the first place. Watch Second Renaissance from the Animatrix, and you'll notice that the world is reasonably futuristic, with the city they show at the beginning looking like a mini-Coruscant.

So why is the Matrix recreated in our time period? The answer is simple, of course. Because AI was invented in our time, the early 21st century. Why would the machines want humans having control over their own kind all over again? And if history took the same course, then the machines would end up with a Matrix within a Matrix....very strange indeed.

5. Tri-Som_Gare

Tri-Som_Gare Jedi Youngling star 3

Sep 22, 2000
    OK, After reading this whole thread the last few days, I am off to see the movie tonight. I will right up what I think tomorrow.....

6. fetts8311

fetts8311 Jedi Youngling star 1

May 28, 2002
    why they plug the hero to machine or they were sent to the computer, are the public at the virtual enviroment? why the agent copy themself.

7. diabloblanco17

Dec 8, 2002
    why they plug the hero to machine or they were sent to the computer, are the public at the virtual enviroment? why the agent copy themself.

*blinks*

I'll try to decipher this as best I can. Neo is plugged in whenever he needs to go into the Matrix, and yes, most of humanity is trapped within the Matrix. Agent Smith copies himself because that makes it easier for him to overpower Neo. One-on-one he would get his ass kicked. Please try to learn English a little better.

8. sithgoblin3

sithgoblin3 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 4, 2001
    About this not resetting the system... it sounded like Neo "reinserting the prime program" means that he resets the system. Also, if they didn't periodically reset it, how would the matrix be kept at the peak of human civilization?

9. Shadows_545

Shadows_545 Jedi Master star 2

Sep 21, 2002
    Sorry if someone has already siad this (only read first page, too late for other 2). I too am slightly disappointed by Matrix Reloaded, but I think Matrix Revolutions will bring it back. It, being a really awsome Sci-Fi trilogy. What you have to keep in mind is that Reloaded and Revolutions is one movie. So in other words you may later enjoy watching both on dvd right after the other, even if you didn't enjoy just watching Reloaded. What gets alot of people (me included) is that there was no conclusion to the story. This also slightly irritated me for Lord of the Rings (while not as bad, because LOTR had mini-conclusions).

Shadow...

10. Tri-Som_Gare

Sep 22, 2000
    OK, this is what I got from it.

There has been 3 Matrixes. The first 2 failed, and the 3rd is the current one. The 6 "The One's" he is reffering to are integral anomalies that supposedly crop every hundred years or so that become "The One" and when they get to the mainframe, they are re-inserted back into the matrix to keep it balanced and Zion is destroyed and I think the architect said they choose 6 men and 7 women to start Zion again and the cycle starts again. As for Neo being able to stop the squddies while in the "real world" kinda makes it look like the real world is the matrix also. Perhaps this whole "the one" thing is just giving man something to do since he is a curious type and such, I dont know.

Jedi2016, you said you had the whole conversation you can post? That would be great, or could you PM it to me?

Anyway, that is my take so far...

EDIT:

BTW, I should add that it was not really what I thought it was going to be although I did enjoy it. The ending REALLY pissed me off though...

11. CG_Master

CG_Master Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 29, 2002
    I just watched it and was shocked when I found out that the creator of the matrix was Colonel Sanders.

12. diabloblanco17

Dec 8, 2002
  13. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    Hmm... interesting. Thanks for the link. So Zion is just a part of the Matrix too.. that's what I think. But it makes you wonder where does this story go. What are the writers up to? Pretty kool.

Thanks for the link. They have one with the other guy who made the twins?

14. Tri-Som_Gare

Sep 22, 2000
    Yea, the french guy. I would like to read that one to cause it was failry long. They really are counting on people going and seeing this several times.

15. PadawanNick

PadawanNick Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 6, 2001
    Architech: Thus, the answer was stumbled upon by another, an intuitive program, initially created to investigate certain aspects of the human psyche. If I am the father of the matrix, she would undoubtedly be its mother.

Neo: The Oracle

Architech: Please.

-----

Mmmm.
    The Architect sounded a bit condisending in his reply here. As though "The Oracle" was the wrong answer.

So.

If the real world is within a Matrix...
    Trinity could very well be this program. It was after her kiss in the first movie that Neo came back to life. Could she have deliberately altered the function of the Matrix to ensure that The One fulfilled his job of resetting the balance of the Matrix ?!?!?!?!?!?! [face_mischief]

Have fun!

16. Tri-Som_Gare

Sep 22, 2000
    Hmm...there is a possibility I had not thought of. And he did bring her back to life to, sacrficing all of mankind, supposedly...

Also, the way he said all mankind would die, sounded more like they really need the one to be re-inserted and they probably cannot survive without man.

Hmmm.....

17. George Mezori SCIFI 3D

George Mezori SCIFI 3D Scifi 3D Forum star 4 VIP

Sep 10, 1999
    This is starting to turn into a possible spoiler thread. :<

18. exile1

exile1 Jedi Youngling

Dec 22, 2002
    Right, I'll try to explain this with as little spoiler info as possible (though it seems likely that anyone who's read this deep into the thread has already seen the movie at least once.)

There have been 7 Matrix's (or is that Matrice's or Matrici' or...nevermind that,) the first was created, failed miserable (because it was too perfect and humanity could see through the facade (SMITH says in the original film: "entire crops we're lost") then they made the second which include the current Idea of including the late 20th century, since that was a period of growth and prosperity for humanity, and that was where they took into account the 1 percent of humanity who would refuse to accept the Matrix and allowed for the creation of The One, and thus Zion.

(okay, I can't help it, if you haven't seen the movie, stop reading NOW.)

Each version of The One chose the left door, thus facilitating the creation of a new version of Zion, (the old one being distroyed by the machines, to make way for the next version,) and there have been 6 versions of The One. Thus there have been 6 Zions, each initially populated by people removed from the Matrix by the One, as ordered by the Architect (He says: "The function of the One is now to return to the source, allowing a temporary dissemination of the code you carry, reinserting the prime program. After which you will be required to select from the matrix 23 individuals, 16 female, 7 male, to rebuild Zion.")

That's it, end of story. Each One equals One Matrix. Neo is basically one big reset key. It doesn't necessarily reset to the people inside the Matrix, since they have no knowledge of the outside "real" world, the One just picks 23 people to go off and start another Zion ( since the last one was destroyed) thus the "reality" outside the Matrix (the final element of control being Zion, and the rebellion,) is restarted from scratch.

Hope that helps (or at least doesn't hurt.)

Exile

19. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Here we go with the multiple Matrices again.. There have been THREE versions of the Matrix. ONE TWO THREE. The Architect was pretty clear on that... The ONLY thing The One does is reinsert part of the code.. he stabilizes the Matrix and starts the CYCLE over again (Zion, One, Zion, One, Zion, One, etc).. he does NOT start the Matrix itself over again. All he does is STABILIZE it.. he does NOT reset it, or rebuild it.. there is NO NEW MATRIX whenever The One shows up. I still haven't figured out where in THE hell people are getting this idea from. It's the SAME Matrix that's been running for around 600 years or so.

Answer me this.. is it because of the Architect's comment about "this is the sixth version"? Is that where people are getting this from? Folks, he is NOT talking about the Matrix, he's talking about The One.. Neo is the "sixth version" of The One. The Matrix itself is still sitting at version 3.0.

20. Tri-Som_Gare

Sep 22, 2000
    Jedi 2016 is correct. There are have only been 3 Matrixes, this being the 3rd. Neo is the 6th "One" to come around adn needs to be re-inserted to "Stabilize" the matrix, not reset it. A key point being made here, in my opinion, is the Architect is banking on The One being a person who cares about mankind and when he realises that he must choose the door to save all mankind, and let Zion be destroyed, that is the logical choice to be made. However, this time, "The One" is in love and does not beleive everything the Architect said, which in reality, could not be totally true. He may be saying some of it to get Neo to do what the Matrix needs, who knows?

In the end, there is something different about "The One" this time around and no matter how much you try to understand it, we will not know for sure till revolutions. There are alot of interpretations to be had here so...

21. Crook

Crook Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 11, 2002
    Microsoft Matrix 3.0

"So good you'll never leave."

22. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    Okay, people are getting real fidgity about this multiple matrix thing, calm down, we're all intitled to OUR OWN TAKE on the story. It doesnt really matter how many there were at the end of the day, the Matrix series is a brilliant set of films, but thats all they are, no need to go nuts at eachother over pure fiction.

on a side note, there are some people who think that thw world Zion is in could be the failed Matrix (uptopian), destroyed by the inhabitants. This could be deemed true, as a form of a back up program, where, if nesisarry "culling" certain individuals who could proove dangerous to the Machiens and the Matrix's existance.

anyways, tahst all form me, i know many people will call this rubbish (Jedi2016 for one) but as i have said, we all have our own opinions.

23. Tri-Som_Gare

Sep 22, 2000
    Well, having read the dialouge between Neo and the Architect, several times or more ;P I am just stressing the finer story points since some people seem confused. I think there are many interperations to what he said and what it could be about the story as a whole which I think is awesome!

this is just the way I understand it. But I could be wrong though...

24. Jedi2016

Jun 3, 2000
    Opinions are fine, but at least the things I say have some backing from the film itself.. a lot of the speculation I'm seeing is pure make-believe, with no grounds whatsoever. The whole six-Matrixes thing, the real world being a part of the Matrix, etc... It's rubbish because there's no reasoning behind any of these theories.. someone either misinterpreted what they saw, or they just make 'em up as they go.

25. Desann2002

Desann2002 Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 13, 2002
    lol, true, but still, your completely adimant that your right, for all you know you could be wrong. we all could be wrong, no one knows what the final chapter will tell us.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.