main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Ive Quit Smoking

Discussion in 'Archive: North' started by jedi_master_booth, Jul 5, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi_master_booth

jedi_master_booth Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 24, 2005
    Yes Its True Ive Quit Smoking

For those's who didnt know in the first place I was a pipe Smoker and before that a heavy Ciggy Smoker

I started smoking at the age of 17 (Stupid me) By the age of 19 I was on 60 per day

So basicly I smoked Ciggys for 7 Years until I Joined the TA Thats when I ended up being a pipe Smoker for 6 years until Now
    Why A pipe Well Its a long story but the jist of it is Its holds more backie and lasts longer !

So Think of all that Money I wasted

ITS A BAD HABBIT DONT START

2. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Congrats dude. I've pretty much managed to quit completely too, those tabs I smoked on the Charity Gig notwithstanding! :D

3. spike_thmid

spike_thmid Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 13, 2005
    well done that man !!

=D= =D=

hope it's all going well for you - be strong, use the force :D

if you can quit smoking you can do anything

4. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Well done mate! I stopped 5 months ago so I know what you are going through. :) =D=

5. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Thanks guys ! Ive passed the crankey bit and im moving on with new things

6. timbolton

timbolton Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 14, 2003
    Well done Dave :cool: =D=

7. khabarakh23

khabarakh23 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 18, 2005
    Cool, well done. Some people say it's easier to quit heroin than smoking so keep it up! And think of all the extra SW goodies you can buy with the money you save

8. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Its been 7 days now and im still feeling ok (sat next to my Bf a heavy smoker dont help )

9. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

From my experience (I had a mate who was a smack addict) and I can confirm through him that he's finding it harder to give up smoking than he ever found heroin.

Mind you a lot of difference is in the support you get. He came down through using methadone (Actively encouraged and supported through the NHS with free prescriptions etc...) Smoking is actively encouraged but not supported by the government (tax) and as a result it's all willpower as he can afford nicorette etc..

poor bugger

10. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    OK IM SMOKING AGAIN SEE YORK PICS FOR INTO THEN SLAP MY HAND [face_shame_on_you]

11. edgejedi88

edgejedi88 Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2005
  12. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005
  13. Spike2002

Spike2002 Former FF-UK RSA and Arena Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 4, 2002
    Ban him! :p

14. go-away

go-away Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 21, 2003
    Hmm, that's not a bad incentive. Ban the Master until he's been smoke free for 3 months muahahahaha [face_devil]

15. halibut

halibut Ex-Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 27, 2000
    As someone who gave up, then restarted, I know how hard it really is. Disapproving of someone who goes back is not the best way to help. It's not easy.

16. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Yes Is Not easy to give up (You would think while at the York meet up one of the Jedi Knights wouuld have took my pipe off me ---- Did they NO =D=

Ive said to myself thats it once this 25g has gone Im stopping for good.

17. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    hehe I thought about it, but then realised that you were a lot taller than me and I might just end up needing stitches :)

You'll do it. Maybe you need your other half to also give up. I managed it, but did slip a few times. couldn't go in a pub for months.

18. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    I still laugh about when we met and you said Go Away I was going to sod off home then ! :_|
    Yes Im tryiing to get my Partner to give up (But he does'nt drink so he needs some bad habbits):oops:

Im getting there slowly tho - You could have Took my pipe off me Im NOT a fighting person Ive never hit anyone yet I dont Intend to start Ither !

19. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Aha, I've seen what lack of tobacco can do to a person. Tis the path to the dark side :p

I'm sure Chris (your partner is Chris I think - no good with names) drank - he had a pint with Colin and I. Not a big drinker though.

Next meet, I'll confiscate the pipe and maybe Jase can take us down routes without tobacco or pipe shops ;)

20. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

so it that an open invitation, that if seen we can take your pipe off you ?? [face_mischief]

I can imagine it must be twice as tough to quit smoking when someone close to you smokes - like I said on the train one of my best friends tried for years to quit but he lived in a house of smokers so never really stood a chance !!

just try & stick in there & do what you can - but you can only do it for yourself, you only have one life (depending on religion) and you've got to strike a balance of health & happiness (oh & money :D)

21. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    Me without a pipe NEVER [face_talk_hand]
    Ill turn to the Dark side b4 that happens ! yes My partners called Chris - What did you think of him !

22. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    Nice fella :) Not as mad on Star Wars as we are lol Admitted to being a Trekkie :eek: But I reassured him that that wasn't a crime. It's the Trekkies who don't llike Star Wars fans, not the other way round.

Ok, that makes two of us who are gonna go grabbing your pipe. Make sure you don't bring a valuable one to the next meet lol

Honestly, you'll do it but it isn't easy. You probably need to invest in quite a few lead free pencils to chew on.

23. spike_thmid

Apr 13, 2005

Ok, I don't want any double entendre's from that statement [face_shame_on_you]

24. jedi_master_booth

Jun 24, 2005
    HAHA HAHA Ive Been there !!!

I stopped Heavy drinking a few years ago ( I was bad for it )

25. go-away

Apr 21, 2003
    lol Spike - I'm a married woman [face_blush]

I've quitted worse. Hitted the walls for months. Imho, giving up an addiction is all about distraction once you get past the withdrawal phase.

Drinking is a tough one to give up cos it's socially acceptable, more so than smoking. In fact, I don't often drink - a half of lager when hot perhaps, but otherwise nothing. Many a person has assumed I'm "on the wagon" lol Either that or a Methodist o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.