main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I've recalibrated the code warning all surviving Jedi to stay away."

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Old_Zen, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Old_Zen

Old_Zen Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 18, 2005
    "Destroy the Sith we MUST!"

Why did'nt Master Yoda and Obi Wan attempt to summon all if any of the Jedi that may have survived order 66 before confroting the two Sith? Perhaps if they had atleast 2 more Jedi, they could have had a two on one team against each Sith..I know they had to attack both Sith at once but why not atllast TRY to get some help from other Jedi?

2. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    Because a whole load of good it did Mace.

3. ticopuma

ticopuma Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 2, 2005
    QFT

4. RolandofGilead

RolandofGilead Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 17, 2001
    Well for one thing, the whole reason they returned to the Jedi Temple in the first place was to turn off the signal to keep any possibly surviving Jedi from falling into a trap. The Jedi (if any of them are still alive apart from Obi-wan and Yoda) are cut off from all communications and in hiding. Allowing the Jedi to answer the Beacon would defeat the purpose of their return. There'd be no way to warn them, no way to stop the Stormtroopers from wiping them out. The only choice was to turn use the beacon to tell the Jedi to keep out.

5. Adm_Thrawn

Adm_Thrawn Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 2004
    Obi-Wan and Yoda would have to have warned every single Jedi returning to Coruscant about Order 66 and the clone troopers. That'd take a lot of phones. Any Jedi Interceptors coming out of hyperspace near Coruscant would've been shot out of the sky within minutes.

6. KissMeImARebel

KissMeImARebel Force Ghost star 5

Nov 25, 2003
    I guess because they realized the Jedi were pretty screwed at this point: as shiploads of clone troopers were now programmed to shoot on sight, and almost everyone believed the Jedi were enemies of the Republic, I don't think Obiwan and Yoda thought they had the time and resources to bunker down on Coruscant and wait (as well as hope) for backup.

But I think the message to run and hide really showed the overall defeat the Jedi had suffered, and Obiwan and Yoda's recognition of that. I mean, they didn't even bother to say "Palpatine is a Sith who just attacked us" - no information, no plan of recourse, just "stay away."

7. darth-sinister

darth-sinister Manager Emeritus star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 28, 2001
    They don't know if anyone is alive. Plus they don't have time to wait for any possible stragglers. It's up to them to face the Sith now.

8. PowerUnlimitedPower

PowerUnlimitedPower Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 10, 2006
    all they are doing is giving any possible survivors a chance to get away. if there are even any left.

9. MasterP

MasterP Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jun 8, 2003
    I agree. Yoda must know Mace took some extra Jedi with him to confront Sidious. Mace would have won if Anakin wasn't there, however, Palpatine sure did take down the other Jedi really fast. My guess is that Obi-Wan and Yoda warned as many Jedi away as possible to stay safe, and only they were going ton confront the two Sith ... hoping for that slim chance of winning.

10. andkiich

andkiich Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 19, 2005
    Also, don't forget that the whole Senate(minus the founders of the Rebellion) now believes that the Jedi have tried to assassinate the Chancellor and take over the government. It would be doubtful that they would get any support.

11. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

JASTERSLEGACEYV2 Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 23, 2005
    well first it's like sinister said, and also they don't want them 2 come 2 the temple due 2 the clones thr. and also in my oponoin they r ego maineacs that want all the credit 4 them selfs

12. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    They don't care for rewards. They just have to stop the Sith and the longer they delay, the more likely they'll be discovered more Stormtroopers sent after them. Too many for the two of them to handle.

13. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    i did'nt say they wanted reward, but if they say they just defeated the 2 most powerful beings in the galaxy by them selfs then thats better than some reward, face i the jedi r a corrupt band of weaklings

14. TomPiltoff

TomPiltoff Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005
    I have a headache after (attempting) reading that.

15. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    The Jedi are not corrupt. They don't care about any kudos. All they care about is ending the Sith's regin of terror.

16. Juggernaut86

Juggernaut86 Jedi Youngling star 2

Apr 7, 2005

So true

17. Tiershon_Fett

Tiershon_Fett Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    If Mace was smart, he would have told the order to scramble to Ossus or somewhere and told the Temple to evacuate before they go try to cut down a known Sith Lord who runs the galaxy and has millions of troops at his disposal.

18. darth-sinister

Jun 28, 2001
    There wasn't a reason to. Four Jedi would've been enough to arrest Palpatine. Nor did they even consider Order 66. Besides, Palpatine knows about Ossus and the other Jedi strongholds.

19. darth_frared

darth_frared Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 24, 2005
    yep. but we like to rush things when facing danger, don't we. we are wise and we just run into the trap.

they are just incompetent, i guess.

20. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    Mace however did almost handle Sidious, there also wasn't necessarily enough time to evacuate the entire temple before going to deal with him. There's also the fact that it would conspicious if all of a sudden all the Jedi save 4 go off planet. With what the Jedi knew, they could handle the Sith considering that a Padawan handled the Sith Apprentice and Yoda was winning against Dooku until Dooku ran, they'd have little reason to believe that Mace(who seems to have been placed at about Yoda's level power wise) and 3 of the Order's best swordsmen can't handle a lone Sith Lord.

They also were right that Mace could, as he did beat Sidious and if Anakin hadn't been there, prophecy aside Palpatine would have died. Mace also seems to have by this point lost all belief in the prophecy.

The Jedi weren't corrupt at this point, what they wanted was to bring peace to the Galaxy and destroy the Sith. The fact of the matter is Obi-Wan and Yoda were the only Jedi left who had fought Sith before and Obi-Wan was the only one who had killed one. They were the best candidates and the other Jedi may have gotten in the way or betrayed them as Anakin did Mace.

21. TrueJedi

TrueJedi Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 22, 2000
    Palpy would not have been able to take out all those Jedi if there was more fighting room. Palpy took advantage of the limited space in his office and slashed all the Jedi except for Mace. Much like a snake and a mongoose. A mongoose will win almost everytime when given space to fight, but in close quarters, the snake has the advantage.

22. JASTERSLEGACEYV2

Nov 23, 2005
    considering ur name is DARTH sinister i would think you'd b leaning towrads the dark side, also The sith's "regin of terror" had'nt even begun and if it wer'nt 4 the rebelian , thr would be peace and prosperity through out the galaxy, also with such a smert leadder as he's proven 2 be then his reign would be lasting, peaceful, and prosperous, as compared 2 if the rebels took the empire down then thr would be hundereds of years of civil war due 2 weak leadreship, as u can c the so called dark side is acually the good side.

23. Warsie

Warsie Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 23, 2005
    Mace would've won. He was trying to capture him, the Jedi were in defense until they died. then Mace took the offensive

considering how the Jedi (Anakin, Obi-wan and others) survived the second Battle of Coruscant, they'll do decent.

24. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    False. Dark Siders have destroyed star systems, enslaved multiple races, caused the wars in the prequels thus interupting the peace that had been maintained by the Jedi, slaughtered children, killed their wives, manipulated a war between two sides in order to gain power and thus caused a massive loss of life, and taken the Force out of balance among other things.

The Sith had also had a reign of terror thousands of years before the movies. There also hasn't been hundreds of years of civil war after the destruction of the empire there's been about 35 with breaks in places. There's also the fact that before the Jedi oppressed the Galaxy there had been over a millenia of peace.

The Dark Side is as evil as the Jedi say it is.

25. Alpha-Red

Alpha-Red Chosen One star 7

Apr 25, 2004
    Remember how Mace said "I sense a plot to destroy the Jedi"? I'm pretty sure that he knew Sidious (whom he knew by then was part of Palpatine's inner circle) was up to something. He probably didn't know the details of Order 66, but he did know that if he didn't take out Palapatine soon, the Jedi would be in for a lot of trouble.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.