main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

"I've recalibrated the code warning all surviving Jedi to stay away."

Discussion in 'Archive: Revenge of the Sith' started by Old_Zen, Jan 10, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth-Stryphe

Darth-Stryphe Former Mod and City Rep star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 24, 2001
    Tom, Jaster, I am not sure why you think insulting each other in open like this is somehow OK to do in this or any other forum, but it stops now. I would highly advise you don't try it again when you both return.

Secondly, if you guys want to argue whether the USA (or any real world government) is good or evil, or which president is good or incompetent, you need to take it to the Senate forum, not the movie forum.

2. fat

fat Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 4, 2002

It's likely that Obi-Wan and Yoda were on a sort of "suicide mission" and did not want any more Jedi to die.

3. Master_Starwalker

Master_Starwalker Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2003
    The government is always necessarily what is right as morality can at times differ with the thoughts and plans of those in power with Nazi Germany being a great example of this. The Rebellion were doing what was right against a regime that oppressed and destroyed worlds.

The Supreme Chancellor of the Republic is in charge but Palpatine stayed in office longer than his term and also gathered more power for his office. The Supreme Chancellor is in charge but he is also supposed to not have absolute power in a similar way that a President or Prime Minister is in charge but doesn't have absolute power.

I'm not touching this one with a 10 foot pole.

I wouldn't say that Rebelling against an oppressive regime is cowardly as they would be tortured and arrested if they were caught as evidenced by the Empire's torture of Princess Leia and Vader's choking of Captain Antilles.

I'd say that the Empire is the one in the wrong, morally speaking.

4. Rossa83

Rossa83 Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 8, 2005
    Yes, I agree with you here. But don't you think that this was one of two places where Sideous really had to take chances? He couldn't know for certain that he would survive his fight with Mace, he nearly didn't. I don't think he was hoping to get scarred. He was probably certain about Anakin turning, but in the meantime he was in grave danger. It's the same with the duel against Yoda - he didn't want to fight that one, that's why he tried to run. It's not because he thought Yoda to be stronger than him, but perhaps that they were equals, and that there was a great possibility that he could lose.

5. purpilian

purpilian Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 27, 2005
    The Empire brought peace? I'm sure the people of say... ALDERAAN would agree with you. Or any Wookie. And if you oppose the Emperor.....BOOM your dead. Look what happened to poor Fang Zar.

So I would say that the Empire if definatly oppressive.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.