main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

1. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Yay, an update! [face_dancing] And more Han Solo! [face_love] Amazing job Iverna, the shading on Han is absolutely gorgeous, especially on his hair, wow!

Veers looks great too, you've given him an Imperial uptightness, but his eyes hold a lot of depth... don't tell me I've fallen for Veers! :p

Graet stuff, keep it up!

2. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    Great stuff! Very smooth and confident drawing :) And the expressions are just priceless!

3. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! You did another Han! [face_dancing]

Both of these are really excellent drawings! Han's expression is priceless and your rendition of Veers is just simply beautiful! You really captured his likeness! Keep up the great work! :)

4. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Glitbiter, thank you! Glad you like Han, he's still my favourite so yay! As for Veers... he's a very underrated character sometimes, I think. He was pretty cool. Glad you like my version!

Thanks, ShrunkenJedi! Very glad you like 'em!

HanSolo - another Han indeed, and it isn't the last one either! I may be a bit obsessed. ;) I'm very glad that you like these, though! Means a lot, thank you!

Thanks for commenting, guys! I'll have more stuff up later today.

5. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Right, here's some more stuff!

Leia Organa:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Leia-2.jpg]
    Charming to the last! Princess Leia during ANH.

Natalie Portman:

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Natalie.jpg]
    From a photo of Natalie Portman as Padmé Naberrie, during the filming of AotC.

I hope you enjoy them!

6. ART2-D2

ART2-D2 Jedi Knight star 1

Oct 17, 2007
    I do enjoy them,=D= Love them both...
    Nice shading technic. But ver crisp and clean.
    You are very talented.
    Hope to see more.

7. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    They're lovely drawings, Iverna! I love your style. The likenesses are wonderful. :)

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    You're really good!!! I love your shading -- amazing how much you can do with a pencil ;) And I especially love that they're so realistic!! You do a great job capturing the characters exactly the way they look in movies and official photos. You're a great portrait artis :D

~Nat

9. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    Nice job! The one of Leia looks just like her. Padme looks wonderful too!

10. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Oh, these are so BEAUTIFUL!!! =D==D= I LOVE both of them--sort of a diptych of mother and daughter... Stunning likenesses, with each totally recognizable, and I'm in love with their hair and their eyes... You've managed to capture the bright youthfulness in each of these characters--their expresssions, their soft smiles--just gorgeously! I'm in awe of the skintones, too...just wow!! =D= Amazing work!!

FF

11. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    ART2-D2 - thanks very much! That's really kind of you. Cheers! Oh, and I like your username, very clever!

Idrelle - thanks very much! Glad you like them!

Nat - ah, it's all practice. Thanks very much for your lovely words! They mean a lot!

JediPrincess - glad you can recognise them! Thanks very much!

FF - thanks ever so much! Coming from you that means a lot! ;) Thanks a million!

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great update! =D=

The Leia especially looks like a black and white movie still! The shading is wonderful and of course, you nailed the likenesses! You have a great gift, I can't wait to see more! :D

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    HanSolo29 - wow! Thanks so much, that's a huge compliment! I'm flattered! It's really cool that you think they look realistic. Thanks very much for dropping by and commenting!

And since I've done Padmé and Leia, I guess it makes sense to put the next generation up next. ;)

Jaina Solo:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Jaina.jpg]
    Featuring Anakin, Jaina and Jacen up top, and Jaina and Han at the bottom left. It's meant to be a sort of collage of the key elements of Jaina's life, hence why I included her brothers etc. Yes, I know Leia is missing, there wasn't enough space!

I hope you like it.

14. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    [face_love]=D==D=

GAWD, this is so AWESOME!! How in the world did you draw a nebula in PENCIL?!? **faints** This is just perfect: Jaya and her brothers (when they were still her brothers...), her beloved fighters--and this fabulous moment in the ol' 'Falcon with her dad, learning about how to keep an aging freighter space-worthy!! =D==D=

All the likenesses here are superb (I'm just in love with Han, grease smear and all!--his gesture, tool in hand, is just so HAN!)--and the detailing is stunning! All the pipes and conduits and wiring and whatchamacallits in the open bay of the 'Falcon are amazing!

Geez, this should be in the Essential Guide or something! =D= **much bowage** LOVE it!

FF

15. TrulyGhent

TrulyGhent Jedi Master star 4

Jun 29, 2007
    WOW! :eek: FF was right, you are awesome!

I especially like Anakin and Thrawn, Thrawn's shading is so strong. And Anakin has been one of my favorites since Conquest too! and Tahiri as well [face_batting] *hint, hint*

keep up the good work! =D= and clear skies to you too!

16. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    Wow, that's amazing!! You got Jaina perfect :D And I love the way that she and her brothers sort of fade into the background of space. Very cool :cool:

~Nat

17. ShrunkenJedi

ShrunkenJedi Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 26, 2003
    That's amazing, Iverna! It's even got *great* composition. Love Han working with little Jaina at the bottom. :)

18. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

*copies FF's fainting act*

Seriously... this is AMAZING! Wow... how on earth did you draw this? Especially the nebula! :p Everything is perfect. I just can't get over how... well... perfect everything is! I love the composition -- Jaina, Anakin ( :_| ), Jacen (die, Caedus, die!), with the ships in the lower right half and the picture of little Jaina and Han in the left, all surrounded by that awesome nebula.... wow.

[face_hypnotized][face_hypnotized]

It's PERFECT!

=D==D==D=

*is speechless*

19. TheOnlyJediPrincess

TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 11, 2006
    I love this Drawing! I love how she is watching Han fix the Falcon!

20. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    Wow, I can't believe I"ve missed this! I'm WingedJedi @ dA! I should have recognized you. [face_blush]

I can only agree with everyone else here: Awesome drawing! *faints and joins other people on the floor*

I can't wait to see more of your work!!! [:D]

21. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    FF - thanks very much! Actually the nebula wasn't so difficult with a smudge stick. And it is a very Han picture, isn't it? That's why I picked it. It just fit. Thanks very much, glad to know you like it!

TrulyGhent - thanks ever so much! I really like Anakin. And I'm pretty sure you'll see him and Tahiri from me at some point, too!

Nat - thanks! Glad you think it works, I was a bit iffy on the shading but it worked out okay, really.

ShrunkenJedi - cheers, glad you like it! I actually paid attention to the composition here, for once. =D Thanks!

Idrelle - perfect?! Wow, no one's told me that before! I'm very flattered that you think so! Not to mention happy that you like it, thanks very much!

JediPrincess - she seemed to just fit in there... Thank you very much!

Chilla! Yay! Nice to see you around! Thanks very much for your lovely comment. =D And more is coming soon, promise. ;)

22. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    An update! I apologise for taking so long to reply and such, I'm working towards final-year college exams. ;) Anyway, here's some more Han Solo goodness!

Han Solo "Seventeen, huh?":
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-4.jpg]
    Han in his element, bargaining with Obi-Wan Kenobi in ANH. I loved the expression on his face in this scene, it's so Han! It was interesting for lighting and tones, as well, because the light's coming from below his face in this scene...

Han & Leia "I happen to like nice men":
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-Leia.jpg]
    Han and Leia from my favourite scene, in the good old Falcon. Han tries to convince Leia that she likes scoundrels, and she's far too convinced for her own liking! Just a quick sketch, really, which came about after watching ESB!

Hope you like them!

23. NYCitygurl

Jul 20, 2002
    I do like them, now that you mention it :p They're both great, but the first is my favorite. Han looks really realistic, and you did a great job with the light source :D

24. Idrelle_Miocovani

Feb 5, 2005
    Iverna, you continue to be awesome! I love that portrait of Han. You captured his personality perfectly in that drawing. :D

=D=

25. Glitbiter

Glitbiter Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 14, 2008
    Gah, how did I miss these?! :oops:

Padme and Leia are beautiful; likenesses spot on. I absolutely love Jaina and co [face_love] the shading's gorgeous, great composition, and Han working with little Jaina on the falcon is so sweet and so in character! A wonderful 'collage' of Jaina's life. And all that detail! :eek: I'm impressed. FalconFan's right, I could see it in the Essential Guide. Your latest additions are wonderful; you've captured Han perfectly as always. Han and Leia look great too (funny we should do H/L at the same time :) ) it's not as 'polished' as your other drawings, but still amazing for a quick sketch.

Good luck with your exams [:D]