1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yay! Another Han! :D

You did an amazing job capturing his likeness! He's a hard one to get down, but you've done a really nice job! Your version of Han and Leia is quite nice as well!
  2. ShrunkenJedi Jedi Grand Master

star 5
    New stuff, nice! I especially like 'Seventeen, huh?'- you really captured the essence of Han, and yeah, it's a great scene :D
  3. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Hello. If you wouldn't mind, I would like to add the Jag piece to the fanart database over at Jaina/Jag Index in Fanfic Resource. You would of course be credited and it would be featured in the newsletter coming out tomorrow.

All your stuff looks amazing, keep it up.
  4. TrulyGhent Jedi Master

star 4
    Lovin' the Han and Leia stuff. =D=

The espressions are great! 'specially in "Seventeen, huh?" [face_laugh] Gotta love Han.
  5. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    NYCityGurl - thanks so much! Glad you like Han, I think this is my favourite sketch of him that I've done so far.

Idrelle
    - that's brilliant that you think I captured his personality! Something that's very hard to do, usually. Thanks!

Glitbiter
    - wow, thanks so very much! My Jaina drawing seems to be the most popular to date, I'm very glad that you like it! Wow. And thanks for the well-wishes, I'll do my best! [:D]

HanSolo29
    - cheers! The thing about Han is that he's got character in his face, so I find him easier to draw than most people. Thanks very much for your kind words!

ShrunkenJedi
    - thanks a million, I'm happy that you like it!

BigFatty
    - wow. No, of course I wouldn't mind, I'd be honoured! Thanks very much! Any chance of seeing where it gets featured?

TrulyGhent - glad you like the expressions! And thank you, I'm currently working on another H/L piece so that's coming up soonish, I hope. I totally agree, as well, Han = [face_love]
  6. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    Sorry I've been so sparse around here, uni is taking up a lot of time. But I do have a new piece.

Jagged Fel:
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Jag-2.jpg]
    I've drawn him before, I know, but this one's better. I think, anyway. I used Wedge Antilles as a reference, along with Ewan McGregor - because Ewan is Denis Lawson's nephew. *lol* It's a bit sketchy, but I just had to try my hand at Jag again.

Enjoy!
  7. BigFatty Jedi Master

star 4
    Iverna: First, thanks for letting us display your first Jag piece. It will be up in the Index at the first weekend in May for the May newsletter. If you wouldn't mind, we would love to show your latest piece off as well. It looks great; the details (especially the zipper) look awesome.

You can find the Jaina/Jag Index here.
  8. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Great drawing, Iverna! =D=

You did a great job coming up with a unique look for Jag. I think you changed the reference material just enough so that you can't tell who it is, which is a good thing. I also agree with BigFatty that the detail you put into his shirt, especially the zipper is really great. It gives it a whole new level of realism. Nice work! :)
  9. Glitbiter Jedi Youngling

star 1
    That's a great drawing of Jag! I love it so much, especially all the little details like the zipper and his hair. I also like the way you've done his scar, you can see it but it's subtle as it should be. It's a big improvement over the old one, not that the old one wasn't good too ;); you've been more confident with the shading on the new one, it gives more definition to his face, and there's a definite shadow area and light area. Great addition to your already outstanding gallery! =D=

Please may I post it in the Jag Fel fanclub? [face_batting] I know everyone there will love it! You'll get full credit of course, and I'll link back to your thread.
  10. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    BigFatty - cheers! And no, I wouldn't mind at all, by all means work away! Thanks very much!

HanSolo - thank you! Glad you like it. The zipper was actually a last-minute addition, but I'm glad I did that now. Thanks!

Glitbiter - yay, I'm happy that you like him! I agree that this one's better - it's encouraging to think that I seem to be improving! Scars are pretty tough to draw, especially old ones because they tend to be very light... I have a scar on my forehead though, so I could use that as reference. *lol* And of course, post away, thanks very much! =D
  11. TrulyGhent Jedi Master

star 4
    Oops, little late. But great job on Jag! =D=

Once again, nice likeness.
  12. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's awesome!! You did a great job with the deetails :D
  13. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Awesomeness, Iverna. I love your portrait of Jag; terrific likeness and details!
  14. morrison85 Force Ghost

star 5
    Wow your pictures look awesome, especially the first coloured Han and the thrawn amazing O.O
  15. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    TrulyGhent - thanks very much! Glad you like him!

NYCityGurl - cheers, I'm happy that you like 'im!

Idrelle - yay, thank you! Glad you think it looks like him!

Morrison - thanks for dropping by! I'm glad you like them, that means a lot! Thanks!
  16. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Nice drawing of Jagged Fell.

And drawing Ewan is always nice.
  17. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    earlybird-obi-wan - thank you! Drawing Ewan is cool, yeah. He's got character!

Now, without further ado, here's my next piece. It's just a quick sketch, but I came across a picture of Han that Jaina just fit into perfectly, so I drew this.

Han & Jaina
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Han-and-Jaina.jpg]

Hope you like it!
  18. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Yay! It's great to see new art from you, Iverna! :)

I really like what you've done with this latest piece. It conveys a lot of emotion in such a simple gesture. I think you particularly captured Han's likeness very well and Jaina looks so sweet and innocent. The only critique I have to offer is the size of Jaina's head in relation to her body. It appears a little bit too large and maybe that is due to a lack of reference. In any case, her body is drawn very loose, so if you ever get a chance to revisit it, I think it would be an easy fix. :)
  19. DarthBellumSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Iverna

Beauty!!! The father and the favourite daughter... Figure simply shaking!

[face_devil] Bel [face_devil]
  20. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    Awe! That is a sweet drawing!
  21. Idrelle_Miocovani Force Ghost

star 6
    Awww, that is really adorable, Iverna!
  22. Glitbiter Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Very sweet:) I can really feel the tenderness in this pose and their expressions.
    If you don't mind critique, overall the figures are very well drawn but I think Jaina's body is too small in relation to Han's. The difference in the thickness of their arms is what makes me think her body may be too small.

Nice job, and it's great to see new art from you :D
  23. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    That's so sweet!! They look great :)
  24. Iverna Jedi Grand Master

star 3
    HanSolo - thanks very much! I'm glad you like it. But you're right... Jaina's not quite in proportion. I didn't have a reference, so I guess that's why. I may turn it into a more detailed drawing, in which case I'll make sure to double-check the proportions. Thanks for pointing it out!

Bel - thank you very much!

JediPrincess - yay, glad you like it, thank you!

Idrelle - I really need to turn it into a proper drawing... thanks so much!

Glitbiter - thanks! Yeah, she does look a bit small... she's meant to be very young in this, but I didn't have a reference so you may well be right. Thanks for that!

NYCitygurl - glad you like it, thank you!

So, I've been absent for a while, but here's my latest drawing!

The Scoundrel and the Princess
    [image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Nice-man.jpg]
    ... from that wonderful scene in ESB that still ranks among my favourite scenes of all time. It took me a while - I started it last January and only finished it last month, although in fairness there was lots of inactivity in between there. I hope you like it!

- Iverna
  25. paltonae356 Jedi Knight

Oooh! Love it!
    The one with Han and Jaina is nice too.
    But of course all of it is great!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider