1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. KRELYA Jedi Padawan

I think the resemblence between father and son is very nice and well done. The mouth, the eyebrows, the nose, even the smile a bit, they are simply Han Solo but younger and with a mix of Leia's features, too. I find Jacen just as dashing as his father in his youth and maybe even a bit more since he has some of his mother's royal features. :)

Great talent and a drawing to keep and look at from time to time and admire. :)

Also the one with Jag and Allana is great and I can't help but hope to see one with both Jag and Jaina working together in the future. :p I find them a great couple, don't you think? :D

I can simply sum it up and say that I love your work. Thank you for drawing like this and wanting to share it with us. :)
  2. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    A thiarcais!/ Good heavens!

Did I really miss three gorgeous master pieces of your´s while trying to work myself through a mountain of portfolios from the students of the 5th year, excercise for two tests with the students of the 2nd & the 3rd year (which also needed to be developed and printed out), typed marks into the silly school computer system and als tried to catch up with all my nagging university deadlines???

Sigh... I did miss a lot.

The more I love your recent work. Such dense atmosphere, such precious emotions you caught here. Especially with the Han & Leia one.

[:D]
  3. QueenMother_LK Jedi Master

star 4
    :D=D= I love that piece! Jacen looks great, and so does Han. Great job!!
  4. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    I love this drawing! I think Jacen looks like his father a lot. I like how you got his likeness to Han.
  5. JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Master

star 4
    Wow, that Han and Jacen pic is FANTASTIC!!! I love it!! You have a great style, Iverna. Such a great composition. :)=D=

- Serena
  6. DarthBellumSolo Jedi Grand Master

star 1
    Iverna

In any case, Carth to me always reminded Jag, I do not know why. [face_thinking]
    And thanks for Allana! Image it is a little of it, and I am glad to each new.

Jacen and Han Solo

Jacen - one of the most my favourite characters, therefore I am very glad that you have drawn it! It is indeed very similar to the father - and in my opinion, about it already had time to forget partially.

Thanks for drawing!@};-

[face_devil] Bel[face_devil]
  7. THE_PIED_PIPER Chapter Rep Knoxville, TN

Chapter Rep
    star 4
    Love it. :D Nicely done Iverna adding the blaster was the perfect touch and suits him perfectly. =D=
  8. Black-Dog Jedi Grand Master

star 4
    Outstanding job with Jagged and Allana, and the one with Jacen and Han is equally fantastic. The resemblance between father and son really shows.

Keep up the great work. :)
  9. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Again, nicely done!

I think you've captured both characters perfectly. Aging someone is not an easy thing to do and I think you did a good job with this on Han. It looks natural. And of course, I have to agree with the others and say that Jacen does look a lot like his dad. ;)
  10. Knight_Aragorn Jedi Master

star 4
    Just catching up on your pieces, and they're wonderful -- love the Han art in particular, especially the recent one with Jacen. You've done a fantastic job capturing Jacen's resemblance while also having Han appear realistically aged. Great work. :D
  11. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Krelya - thank you so much!

I think the resemblence between father and son is very nice and well done.

I'm so glad you can see that! This is exactly what I was going for--your comments made me really happy!

I can't help but hope to see one with both Jag and Jaina working together in the future.

I'm working on a Jag & Jaina drawing right now; it's not going so well, I need to tweak it some more, but hopefully I'll manage and post it here! I love them as individuals and as a couple. [face_love] Thank you so much for your kind words, that's so nice of you! [:D]

Azure - wow, I really appreciate your dual replies here and in my story thread--thank you! Sounds like you have a busy life going on. Thanks so much for taking the time to drop by and comment, regardless! [:D]

QueenMother - I'm so glad you like them! Thank you very much!

JediPrincess - yay, you can see a resemblance, that's so cool! Thank you!

Serena - thanks so much for dropping by! I'm really flattered, that's so nice of you. Thanks!

Bel - I'm so happy that you can see Jacen's resemblance to Han, that's awesome. Thank you so much!

Piper - well, Jag wouldn't go on a rescue mission without his blaster, right? Well, technically, it's Han's blaster, that's what I copied from. Shhh. Don't tell Han. [face_shhh]

Black-Dog - that's so kind of you, thank you! I'm really happy that people can see the resemblance, that's awesomeness. Thanks!

HanSolo - that's really nice of you, thank you so much.

I think you've captured both characters perfectly.

I'm flattered! Thanks! I'm glad that Han looks realistically aged--usually, my attempts in this direction go horribly wrong, so I'm really happy to hear this. Thank you! [:D]

Aragorn - welcome and thanks for dropping by! the Han art's my personal favourite, too, but I may be slightly biased (and obsessed!). ;) Glad you like my latest, that's great!

Thanks for your comments, everyone, and for looking! I'm working on a few new ones at the moment, but I don't know when the next one will be ready to post. College is getting pretty hectic now, so I'm busy writing papers and stuff as well. But there will be more stuff soonish! [:D]
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    A nice piece clearly showing their relation. Lovely work as always.
  13. Squishy_Vic Force Ghost

star 4
    Awesome work. You keep Jacen's individuality yet at the same time he looks so much like his father. Great piece.
  14. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    beautiful ! I agree with everyone else the resemblence is there but Jacen also looks like his own person. Really well done =D= it's nice to see them happy ^__^
    and thank you so much for the tips ! you're very kind. I will definitely try what you suggested on my next.
  15. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Yes, Jason has something special on his own... a dark undertone that Han does not have. Yet he is sexy and sweet.

:D
  16. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    earlybird - I'm so thrilled that you can see the family resemblance! Thank you so much!

Squishy - that's totally what I was going for! Thanks so much for your comments, I really appreciate that!

Kiyuuchan - yay, I'm really happy to hear that! And I agree--it IS nice to see them all smiling for a change. Once FF put this idea into my head, I couldn't really resist.

You're welcome--I hope they're of some use to you! I'm never really sure how well my techniques work for other people, so if you do give it a try I'd love to see what you come up with!

Azure - I guess maybe he's more thoughtful than Han as well, what with being a Jedi and all... Han's not exactly a philosopher! *lol*

Thanks so much for the support, everyone! You guys make my day, you really do. I'm working on a new piece at the moment, I may post a wip of it tomorrow when I find my memory stick! [:D]
  17. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    I don't know if people are terribly interested in this kind of thing, but here's a scan of my current work-in-progress: Jagged Fel and Jaina Solo.

[image=http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v215/bria_lt/StarWars/Jag--Jaina-wip.jpg]

If you have any suggestions, I'd welcome them--I'm a bit iffy about Jaina in particular. Her facial angle is really difficult and I'm not sure she actually looks like Han and Leia's daughter here.

As you can see, my drawings tend to start out fairly messy, I never have clear line art and when I do, I end up changing it as I shade. I'd really like to hear your input on this because I'm basically making this up as I go, no references (except a picture of me for Jaina's facial angle, that was impossible to do from imagination!). So yeah. Don't hold back!
  18. Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling

star 2
    Oh I see now how you work, thanks [:D]
    That is like my completed works looks 8-} lol. I will keep trying your technique !
    hmmmmm Jag's eyes is really intense,it look like he's in a staring contest [face_worried] sorry,but it's how I see it.
    But Jaina,is very lovely ^__^
  19. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Interested? That is a sweet way, putting it.

=P~=P~=P~

*checks if her husband is not around*

Jag is gorgeous, just Jaina stood not stand there... I should.

[face_love]
  20. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Kiyuuchan - oh, no worries, you should see my stuff from when I started out. *lol* Just keep practicing, that's the key! [:D]
    You're right about Jag's eyes--it might be just because the rest of his face isn't shaded yet, dark eyes stand out more and always look more "stare-y". I'm hoping that I've fixed that now. And I'm glad you like Jaina, she's been giving me grief!

Azure - haha, I'm glad you like it! I think Jaina might protest if you tried to shove her out of the way and took her place, though... and she's got that lightsaber... better watch out! ;) But then, a girl can always dream, right? [face_love]
  21. Jag4Me Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    I really like your Jag and Jaina! It's great to see someone drawing these two.=D= =D=
  22. NYCitygurl NSWFF Manager

Manager
    star 9
    It looks great!! You're really good at shading :)
  23. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Nice start, Iverna!

I don't think you need to worry about Jaina not looking like Han and Leia's daughter. I think you managed to pull it off and you can definitely see Leia in the side profile; the shape of the nose and the brow ridge. In terms of anatomy, things look pretty decent until you start to get to Jag's waist and legs. That's where things get a little wonky. It appears as if his torso is narrowing as you work your way down and by the time you get to his waist, it looks almost feminine. Maybe flesh out the belt a bit more and buff him up a bit in that area and I think it will fix itself. Other than that, I like what I saw. I really love the shading so far and nice job on the foreshortening on Jaina's arm.

I hope that helps. Let me know if you have any questions. :)
  24. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    And I hope Darth Real Life losens his grip and lets you be with us again soon.

25. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Wow, college hit with a vengeance... but I'm all done now. And working on the Jag and Jaina piece with fervour! Sorry you're having to wait for so long!

Jag4Me - thanks so much, I'm glad you like them so far! I always think we need more art of them... no matter how much is out there! *lol*

NYCitygurl - thank you very much for the kind words!

HanSolo - ooh, I'm so happy to hear that Jaina looks right. Thanks! And thanks for the advice on Jag... I think I've fixed that now, he was getting a bit skinny. It's awkward judging the right width because his torso is kinda twisted towards Jaina. But yeah, I hope I've fixed that now, I'll hopefully have the finished version up soon! Thanks so much for your kind comments!

Azure - DRL really hit me good this time... but I'm all done with college now, and catching up on everything I neglected in the meantime! [:D]

Again, apologies for taking so long, and thanks for bearing with me!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider