1. Welcome back everyone! Wondering why everything looks different? Please visit HERE for more information!
  2. Welcome Guest.

New feature: The Art of Disney…Now discussing:

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

Moderators: Corellian_Outrider
  1. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    beautiful, those twins together as they should have been. Jacen should have been redeemed. But with this he will be remembered as a nice character.
  2. LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Knight

star 3
  3. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    You are invincible, Iverna. Wow. What great pieces of art have been put into this thread while I was busy getting my teacher´s diploma.

Jacen has Han´s crooked smile, yet he is a character on his own.

You doing him makes me like him a little bit more now.
  4. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Thanks for the explanation, Iverna! That was very helpful! I'll need to go ahead and give that a try.

Great job on the Jacen and Jaina piece! The scrapbook layout was a really neat idea - very original! It's a rare glimpse into the lives of the Solo twins and it does a great job of celebrating their life together. I love the facial expressions and the poses and overall, a nice technique! Keep it up! :)
  5. Cem_Fel Force Ghost

star 4
    I love your Jedi Mechanic drawning! It's looking so beautiful, I love the different versions of Jaina you included, it's just beautiful.
    It never occured to that Kaylee and Jaina are having so much in common, but you are right. There have a lot in common, well except their... ehm... "dealing with men", I think that may be slightly different...
    Never think about Kaylee as a reference, but your Jaina looks pretty cool :D

The Young Jedi Knights drawnings are very promising, too. Especially the Tahiri/Anakin one, you are so right... Way too less Tahiri fanart. And it's looking so much like her, I'm looking forward to your rendered piece, Anakin looks pretty good so far!

And "Invincible", well it's just stunning. I can't find any more words for it. It shows the love of the twins, how it should be... It's just awesome!

6. TheOnlyJediPrincess Jedi Master

star 3
    I know I told you on the DA how much I liked this drawing, but I'll tell you again! this is such a sweet drawing. it makes me miss the old Jacen before he went evil.
  7. Jedi_Amelia Jedi Knight

Awesome drawings! I love the last so much, it's like looking at a scrapbook of precious moments in their lives.
    The last Jaina one was just amazing. Her expressions are so perfect. I'm impressed at how you make people come alive in your drawings.

I hope to see more work from you =D=
  8. Myc Jedi Padawan

this are just so beautiful !! thank you for showing !!
  9. kikichan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    *squee* I love the last so much, there isn't any words [face_love]
    Its just beautiful and a wonderful idea to have it like a scrapbook. (and nearly made me cry :(;))
    you're very good at drawing Jaina (and Jacen;) ) your drawings of Jaina is always my favorite drawings of her.
  10. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    earlybird - I agree, they should've saved Jacen and let him live. Grr. But I'm glad you like my drawing!

Nightsaber - thanks so much!

Azure - haha, thanks! And well done on the diploma! I always pictured Jacen as having that Solo grin... I'm glad you like him a little better now! He was a nice guy before Del Rey screwed him over...

HanSolo - glad if I could help! And thank you! The scrapbook idea seemed to fit. I always really liked the twins and this seemed like a good tribute to them. Cheers!

Cem - *lol* you're absolutely right! They are very different when it comes to dealing with men. And, well, I guess Kaylee isn't very good at flying either! But thank you, glad you like my Jaina, that's great!

I should work on my A/T painting more... I'm not really doing as much as I should, eep. We do need more Tahiri though! Maybe I'll do a "Jedi Mechanic"-style piece of her. That'd be fun...

And thanks for your kind words about "Invincible". Always happy when other fans like my work!

JediPrincess - you did indeed, and thank you so much for commenting twice! I miss the old Jacen too. I really liked him when he was young and gung ho and happy.

Amelia - that's exactly what I was going for with the last one! And thanks so much for your kind words about my Jaina piece. It's awesome that she looks "alive" to you. I'm working on more stuff at the moment so there will definitely be more! [:D]

Myc - thank you for looking and saying such nice things!

Kiyuu - thank you! I really enjoyed drawing it. The scrapbook idea seemed like a fitting way to show their relationship... I hate what happened to them. Grr.

Thanks so much for your kind words. I'm glad you like Jaina. She's one of my favourite characters to draw as well, so. [:D]

Thanks for looking and commenting, everyone! If anyone likes poetry, by the way, I posted a poem to go with with "Invincible". It's called "Never" and you can read it here if you like.

Right. I don't have anymore Star Wars art for now, but I do have other fan art and since I've seen other people share non-SW stuff here, I figure I'll throw them up here for anyone who wants to see.

"A Cautious Fellow" - Indiana Jones

Ginny Weasley

I'm heading to Scotland for a few days so I won't be around, but I'll hopefully have more SW art for you guys soon-ish. I'm still working on my June challenge piece, would you believe! In the meantime--hope you're all keeping well! Everyone having a good summer?

Till next time! [face_peace]
  11. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Wow, nicely done! =D=

Of course, I'm a fan of the Indy piece. I like the old-time feel you brought to it through staining the paper and burning the edges. That technique is very effective here.

I'm not really into the Harry Potter universe and I'm not familiar with the character of Ginny, but that painting is nicely done. I especially like the rendering around the eyes. It really makes the image pop.
  12. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    WOW Indy and he is gorgeous

and Ginny lovely picture.
  13. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    HanSolo - thanks! I really enjoyed making Indy's background. Mostly because I got to use a lighter and set stuff on fire! *lol*

Glad you like the painting even though you don't know the character. That's cool. I think her eyes are the part I like best as well. Thank you!

earlybird - thank you so much! [:D] Glad you like them both!
  14. kjsooner Jedi Youngling

Hey Iverna, just a lurker here. Just wanted to comment and say that your art work is stunning. GREAT JOB!
  15. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    Wow, your Indy has the right swing in his hips and his wip. =P~

And your HP one is priceless. [face_love]
  16. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    kjsooner - well, thanks so much for delurking and leaving me a comment! That's very nice of you, cheers! And I'm glad you like my work. :)

Azure - I'm glad you approve of Indy, thank you! Glad you like Ginny as well. Ta! [:D]

So, over the past two weeks I've been in Scotland, and also mainly writing... not enough hours in the day! I'm working on some Final Fantasy fan art right now (random, I know), but I'll probably have more Star Wars stuff soon enough as well. Thanks for looking!
  17. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    I finally finished my piece for the June challenge. I know, I know, spectacularly late. It was nearly finished and I just kept putting it off. Shame on me!

"Closing The Doors"

Explanations and technical info are at the bottom of the drawing for anyone who's interested. I hope you guys like it! [face_peace]
  18. earlybird-obi-wan Force Ghost

star 6
    Very nice and a great work of art.=D==D=
  19. HanSolo29 Manager Emeritus + Official Star Wars Artist

star 6
    Oh, wow! You really outdid yourself this time! That is simply amazing! :eek:

Again, I love your attention to detail. I especially find myself drawn to the little scenes scattered about and how you managed to pull off such perfect likenesses. I have to agree that Chewie really looks great and I love the large portrait of Leia. It really brings a lot of emotion to the overall piece. It may be a bit cluttered, but as a whole, it doesn't bother me all that much. I can easily look past that and appreciate this piece for what it is. Nicely done! :)
  20. kikichan Jedi Youngling

star 1
    Just stunning,
    how you drew it with all the little 'memories' really gives an idea to how Leia felt at that time
    I don't think it;s too cluttered at all :) and that some are less detailed is good for something like this because it keeps focus on the main bits and it's not too overwhelming.
    I really like the close-up of Leia's face :) I think you keep 'outdoing yourself' lol ;)

I always notice your composition is very good by the way ^___^
  21. AzureAngel2 Force Ghost

star 6
    I also like the love for detail that this very piece of art shows, dear Iverna. You are such a wizzard with a pencil. Soft lines, harder lines, the light, the shadow... well done!

[face_love]
  22. PrincessBrookSolo Jedi Knight

star 2
    ha-ha [face_laugh] the invincible one was awesome well actually all of them are awesome I wish I could draw like that=D=
  23. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    earlybird - thank you so much! [:D]

HanSolo - I don't know about that, but thank you! It's awesome that you can see the emotion in there, I really wanted to bring that out. It's a really good scene for emotion, I think. Thank you!

kiki - yeah, I figured she'd be thinking of happier times with Han and Luke... I'm thrilled that you can see how she felt! Thank you so much for your kind words! [face_blush]

To be honest, composition is something that happens to me by accident, I really need to start planning my drawings out better. But I think, maybe, my mother succeeded in drumming a few things about it into me after all.

Azure - aww, thank you so much, you're so nice! I'm so happy to hear that!

Brook - thank you very much! It's mostly just practice. ;) I'm glad you like my work though, thanks!
  24. Rise Jedi Youngling

WOW :eek: your work is very beautiful.... you have the gift =D=
    your Han is most pretty, I gaze at that for a long time ;)
  25. Iverna Force Ghost

star 4
    Rise - thank you so much! Han IS very pretty, isn't he? I'm glad you like my interpretation of him.

Okay guys, it's been a while, but I do have an update! Not quite Star Wars, but at least Star Wars-related...

Natalie with attitude!

The beautiful Natalie Portman, who plays Padmé in the prequels. Enjoy!
Moderators: Corellian_Outrider