main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Artist Iverna's art--updated 28. August with Han, Leia, the Solo kids, Jack Sparrow, and Eric Northman

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by Iverna, Feb 26, 2008.

1. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    Dark side Padme looks cute. ;)

2. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Hahaha, attitude indeed! [face_laugh] I know it's a Natalie portrait and not necessarily a Padme portrait, but after LittleMissNightsaber's comment, the left side portrait is definitely transforming into a warrior-Jedi-type Padme expression for me. [face_laugh] 8-}

Gorgeous, as always, Iverna! =D=

3. Caine-chan

Caine-chan Jedi Youngling

Sep 20, 2008
    Oh my gosh! I'm just blown away by your work!
    The figures, your use of light and shadow, the way you capture your subject's personality: it's all excellent! I feel like I'm looking at a real person. :D

I really like Natalie Portman and think she's a great actress. Your portrait of her has captured not just her looks, but also her sweet and bubbly personality. :)

Great work, I'll certainly be watching this thread! ;)

4. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    You are a miracle, Iverna. Blessed be.

[:D]

5. kikichan

kikichan Jedi Youngling star 1

May 31, 2009
    very lovely as always, like a photograoph ^^
    I think your different shading has worked well. I can see the more tough look in her eyes.
    Personally I liked Natalie with long hair, but it doesn't mean I like your drawing any less ^___^

6. Iverna

Iverna Jedi Master star 4

Feb 20, 2008
    Nightsaber - haha, she does look like a Dark Sider here, doesn't she? I hadn't thought of that. But you're right! And she does look cute.

Idrelle - well, I posted it here because of the Padmé connection, so I guess it kind of makes sense? [face_thinking] Thank you very much!

Caine - that's so nice of you, thank you so much! I'm a Natalie fan myself so I really tried to get this one right - I'm glad you think it works! [:D]

Azure - you are too kind, my dear. Thank you! [:D]

Kikichan - thank you! Glad the toughness is showing. *g* And honestly, I have yet to see a hairstyle that Natalie can't pull off, she's just stunning.

Thanks for looking, everyone - more to come very very soon!

7. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    I've always loved this shot of Han and Leia on Cloud City - he looking caught in the act, she not quite able to be stern and admonishing. So, here's my rendition:

Interrupted (Han and Leia on Cloud City)

It's pencils on watercolour paper - not very detailed, but it does have a really interesting texture. And I like how the tones came out in this one. I hope you guys like it too!

[face_peace]

8. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    wonderful and great pose and details.=D==D=

9. spycoder9

spycoder9 Jedi Master star 4

Jul 23, 2008
    I usually just lurk, but after finding this, I had to comment! I LOVE everything you have done, especially the newest one!

10. JediXManSerenaKenobi

JediXManSerenaKenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 27, 2007
    I LOVE Leia's expression - totally cracks me up!! Lovely as always!

- Serena

11. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    It's pencils on watercolour paper - not very detailed, but it does have a really interesting texture. And I like how the tones came out in this one. I hope you guys like it too!

This is divine. The softness of it, the indeed brilliant texture...

Wow!

12. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Yay! More Han and Leia!

I love it! This particular shot captures them so well and who can resist those playful expressions! [face_mischief]

13. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    earlybird-obi-wan - thank you! It was a lot of fun.

spycoder - oooh, well, thanks so much for coming out of lurkdom and leaving a comment! [:D] I'm glad you like it!

Serena - yes! I really wanted to capture that on paper. She has the most adorable patient-exasperated look on her face in that picture... [face_love]

Azure - thanks very much, that's very kind of you! Your comments always put a smile on my face! [:D]

HanSolo - I don't think I'll ever get tired of drawing them! [face_blush] I'm glad you like this, thank you very much! I love the reference pic for this one, it just begged to be drawn!

As always, thanks for looking! And sorry for being so erratic with posts - I'm currently trying to get my MA thesis ready for May, so I'm busy. I'm working on a new drawing, though, so (hopefully) coming up... Kyp and Jaina!

14. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Then let me make you smiley by wishing you a good St. Patrick´s Day.

[face_good_luck]

Right now I forgot the Gaelic spelling.

15. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Aww, thank you! I hope you had a great day yourself! [:D]

16. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    And sorry for being so erratic with posts - I'm currently trying to get my MA thesis ready for May, so I'm busy. I'm working on a new drawing, though, so (hopefully) coming up... Kyp and Jaina!
    Bwahahahahaha you have been converted to the Kyp side of the Force!

... I mean, amazing work, really looking forward to seeing more.

Anakin from the cover of Conquest is my favorite. I liked him a lot in that book too. :(

The Jaina/Jacen/Anakin collage left me breathless. And the screencap of Leia and Han from ESB just made my day.

17. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Haha, yeah, maybe a bit... Kyp is awesome!

Thanks for dropping by! [:D] I love Anakin in Conquest... Greg Keyes wrote him and Tahiri really well, I thought. Oh, I miss that boy. But, I'm glad you like my drawings, thank you!

I finished the new drawing a bit sooner than I'd intended, it was just really hard to put this one down. And so, here's Kyp and Jaina, ready for battle!

Kyp and Jaina - full view

The reason Jaina's got a rifle rather than a lightsaber is a) why not, and b) because this was inspired by Lady_Tahiri's very promising fic where Jaina is not Force-sensitive. This drawing went through a lot of changes, but I'm happy with how it came out. I'm hoping to put together a tutorial based on it, where you'll be able to see the process etc... I'll share that on here too, if anyone's interested! In the meantime, enjoy! [face_peace]

18. Lady_Tahiri

Lady_Tahiri Jedi Master star 4

Dec 23, 2001
    Perfect. The blaster rifle was a nice touch. She looks so young! Which is as it should be because I really liked her when she was young. Not that I don't like her when she's older, it's just she accumulates so much baggage and it makes me sad.

I kind of vaguely recall a Japanese NJO cover that could roughly correspond to the Kyp you have here, but I don't think I've ever seen that Jaina. Did you draw her from scratch or did you use a cover that I don't know about for a model?

Thank you for saying that my fic looks promising, and THANK YOU for drawing this - I love it.

19. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Great=D= a beautiful drawing and I like to see the progress of making this.

It is always nice to see a work in progress from the initial drawing to the finished piece of art.

20. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Your Kyp is great!

[face_dancing]

21. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    Lady_Tahiri - I know what you mean! Young!Jaina was a lot happier. I wish she could've avoided at least SOME of the horrible stuff that happened to her! But, thank you!

I used a few references for Jaina. The main one was actually my own drawing of her that I did ages ago, which was based on the Japanese cover of "The Joiner King".

Aaaand, you're welcome! [:D]

earlybird-obi-wan - thank you! I'll throw up a progress thing once I get around to editing it all together, then. I always like seeing others' progress, too, but I'm never sure if people want to see mine!

Azure - thank you so much, my dear! [:D]

22. HanSolo29

HanSolo29 RPF/SWC/Fan Art Manager & Bill Pullman Connoisseur star 7 Staff Member Manager

Apr 13, 2001
    Great expressions!

And thank you for depicting a Kyp that doesn't look like he's half-crazy! :p

23. Idrelle_Miocovani

Idrelle_Miocovani Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 5, 2005
    Stunning work, Iverna! FINALLY someone has produced a Kyp and Jaina piece! That makes the K/J fangirl in me quite happy, it's been a while since I've seen one. :p [face_laugh] Love the poses and the expressions. They look like they're ready to jump into some serious action.

This piece also sending me to go check out Lady_Tahiri's fanfic, since my curiosity has been piqued and I really want to go see what it's all about. :D

=D=

P.S. I'm totally up for seeing that tutorial you've mentioned. I think the art-creating process is phenomenally cool; I love looking at tutorials, even though I can't draw to save my life myself. :p

And thank you for depicting a Kyp that doesn't look like he's half-crazy!

Oh, but half-crazy Kyp is awesome. :cool: [face_laugh]

24. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    Can´t wait to see more from you!

[:D]

25. Iverna

Feb 20, 2008
    HanSolo - glad you like 'em! And haha, that's so true, he does seem to sport the crazy look a lot! I don't know if I could manage a crazy expression, though, so it's just as well!

Idrelle - yeah, I have no idea why I didn't draw them before now. I'm not a K/J shipper really, but I do like them together. Especially when there's a firefight involved!

And yes, check it out, it's definitely well-worth it!

The tutorial is up in the air right now, awaiting a time when I have, well, more time. *lol* But I'll post it here when I get it done!

Azure - might be a while, but thank you! Life is a bit hectic right now. I want to draw, I'm brimming with ideas, but I don't have the time... argh! But I'll draw more eventually. Hopefully sooner rather than later. [:D]