main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Iyov [Borsk Fey'lya character sketch]

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Elena, Feb 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Elena

Elena Jedi Master star 3

Aug 16, 2003
    My first submission to the Saga forum. It took me about 45 minutes to write and edit.

Wordcount: 591 words of the path to Rebellion.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At fifteen, he was sent to a labor camp. He had never done anything before that, never committed a crime or supported rebellious activities or even ruffled his fur over the more and more restrictions placed on him because of his species. But it didn?t matter. He was at the wrong place (shopping for food with his grandmother) at the wrong time (during a political protest).

When he woke up, he was in the hold of a ship flying to one of the Empire?s farming worlds ? worlds that need a constant influx of workers to feed the Empire, to feed Coruscant, to feed the humans. It was there that he began to hate the Empire.

He didn?t learn that his grandmother had died until three years later. She was trampled to death in the riot.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At nineteen, he committed his first act of sabotage. He was no slicer to befuddle Imperial spaceport officials or destroy their records systems. He snuck into the spaceport and put a timer bomb (12 kilos of the best plastique the cell could buy) on an Imperial shuttle. Six hours later, it exploded en route to one of the Star Destroyers in orbit. Thirty Imperial stormtroopers were killed.

For those thirty, the Emperor would make Bothawui bleed, and bleed, and bleed?

In the first reprisals alone, two hundred Bothans died. Two months later, only a woman named Asal and he survived out of the original cell.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At twenty-one, he and Asal were married. He entered the public service, joining the larger reform movement as the Senator?s aide. He told Asal, laughingly, that his days of extremism were behind him.

Bothans believe that when a comet arches overhead, trouble will surely follow. The senator was assassinated. The emperor banned non-humans from holding office. Three days of rioting destroyed his home, with the newly decorated child?s bedroom. And his wife was killed by a stormtrooper.

In turn, he killed the stormtrooper.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

It was in prison, at twenty-three, where he learned that he could lead. He could lead, he could convince, he could manipulate. It was in prison, under the thuggish heel of the hated, hateful human guards, that his style of divide-and-conquer, of fiery rhetoric mixed with practical cowardice came to be. He made sure that everyone knew who had orchestrated to Kinshatar prison uprising. His signature was on every dead guard?s body, mutilated into their skin.

A quarter of the inmates joined the Alliance with him. Still stinging from the constant string of defeats after the Battle of Yavin, they were only too happy for new recruits.

He was the first of many, many Bothan to join.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

At the age twenty-four, while Hoth was still safe, still secure, Airen Cracken came to him with some information. Major restructuring in war industries was going on, and he wanted him to find out why. That was how he found himself in charge of fifteen bright, headstrong Bothan codeslicers. They were the best at their trade.

He beat them over the head until they did as he said.

It wasn?t luck that the Emperor found them. It was a calculated risk, one with a high chance of failure, and he?d allowed them to bow out accordingly. None of them did. So it was with a clear conscience that he took news of their deaths back to Cracken ? as well as the plans for the second Death Star.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

And that?s why he was on the bridge of the Home One, telling the Rebellion leadership how to destroy the second Death Star.

Borsk Fey?lya was twenty-five years old.

2. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Wow, that's a different portrayal of Fey'lya. I still don't quite like the guy, but you provided an interesting insight into his character and why he is the way he is (now I'm thinking of how this explains Fey'lya psychologically :p ). :) Good job! @};-

3. LukesTheMan

LukesTheMan Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 30, 2004
    =D=

I love it when people take a smaller character and explore them. You did a magnificent job with this one!

4. SpeldoriontheBlended

SpeldoriontheBlended Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 12, 2002
  5. VadersMistress

VadersMistress Jedi Knight star 6

Apr 7, 2004
    Blech on Borsky. ;)

I may not like him, but I do like this piece. It shows Borsk in a new and intersting way. :D Good job.

6. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Great job! I hate this character, but you did a superb job with him. My hatred is not your fault, you understand, but EU. [:D] for writing about this character, who is largely ignored except when we need a bad guy! :)

7. Maggy

Maggy Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 2, 2004
    Hiya ?lena!

Iyov [Borsk Fey'lya character sketch]

I will give your poor bullet-proof Bothan a chance before I judge him again ;) :D

*starts reading*

you have an interesting view of Borsk...
    considered that he was born under Palpys regime as a Bothan his future will not hold much happiness for him.

you give great insight into his live

~Mag~

8. AnakinsHeir

AnakinsHeir Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2004
    Very nice! I loved seeing this character show up in his own story! =D=

And you did such a great job with it, too! :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.