[Iz can bring it up here?] For the Holidays-change the stary things

Discussion in 'Communications' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
  1. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
    Can we have like different stuff for the Holidays? Like a candy cane, a stocking, a ornament, a Menorah (Iz can haz Menorah?)

No tree though.

Please?
  2. epic Ex Mod / RSA

star 7
    a tree is crucial.
  3. JoinTheSchwarz Comms Admin & Community Manager

Administrator
    star 8
  4. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    What about some classy art with virgin mary actually giving birth to jesus? You know the one I'm talking about. Baby jesus is covered in Mary goo and the hay is sticking to him. Kinda like being tarred and feathered.
  5. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    You also have to take into consideration that Mary was a virgin, so along with the goo, there would be a considerable amount of hymen blood... baby Jesus would look like a candy cane... festive!
  6. ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling

star 5
    Christmas with Eeth & Harpuah would be a delight.

Presumably, there must also have been a lot of fresh animal poop on the floor, all mixed up with the straw, blood and afterbirth.
  7. Grimby Technical Consultant

Administrator
    star 7
    Arlon, doing this would be a bit tricky because there are no holiday "stars" that currently exist. The Halloween ones are put up by IGN and we have no control over them. I doubt IGN has any Christmas/holiday versions or we would have seen them previously. While it's possible to make our own, there is a criteria that would need to be followed: GIF format, 10 unique images to replace the 10 existing stars, and they have to be the exact same size as the original ones (27x27 max).
  8. Katana_Geldar Force Ghost

star 8
  9. Manisphere Force Ghost

star 5
    Oh Holy night!o_O
  10. ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Grand Master

star 8
  11. FlareStorm Force Ghost

star 6
    AmazingB awareness month icons
  12. Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus

star 7
    But what if someone who had chosen a menorah icon ended up with a Christmas-themed star next to their username? The culturally-insensitive horror! >:eek:
  13. ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling

star 5
    If we could bump it up from 10 to 12, you could have a picture of the postman's face while delivering the gifts from the 12 days of christmas song.

One star could be 'mildly annoyed' postman-face (while trying to shift a pear tree around and somehow stop the partridge from flying off).

Twelve could be a massively disgruntled postie-face (while dragging a huge sackful of lords-a-leaping, maids-a-milking, broken goose eggs, pipers, drummers etc.)
  14. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    I will gladly take a Grinch star next to my name.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:
  15. harpua Chosen One

star 8
    Why not just use a Grinch icon... I'm sure there will be one - or twenty when holiday icons are uploaded. I mean, if it went like the stars, you wouldn't have any control over which image was yours, because it would go by post count... we already have about a billion holiday icons to choose from.
  16. Darth Tunes SfC Part III Commissioner

Game Host
    star 10
    With the Grinch star, I could have that & my normal Laker storm trooper helmet icon.:p

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:
  17. LAJ_FETT Tech Admin and Collecting/Games Mod

Administrator
    star 9
    Starry things have been changed here in Comms for the holidays. Note that this change has to be applied at the banner level so if you want to see holiday 'stars' in your favorite forum let one of the forum mods know. Grimby left instructions to change them in MS.

Note that this change might take a few minutes to bed in across the servers. If you're still seeing old stars do a reload on the page.

Edit - thanks to Fallen-Hero for making the stars!
  18. TheGuardianofArlon Force Ghost

star 6
  19. Skiara ~• Manager WNU •~ ~• RSA FFC •~

Manager
    star 10
    Again: Well done, Fallen! [:D]
  20. Im_just_guessing Jedi Grand Master

star 7
    I personally feel a little offended by the inclusion of a Menorah but no Tree.
  21. Eeth-my-Koth Chosen One

star 9
    The menorahs are meant to single out the jews like the star of david did during the holocaust.
  22. DarthLowBudget Force Ghost

star 5
    "Hey, this symbol of an ancient tradition that has great meaning to your people? Yeah, right now it also means that some gentile has over 10000 posts on a star wars forum"

I'm with IJG, I will not be satisfied until pagans are likewise demeaned by the usurping of their symbolismohwaitaminute.
  23. Sith-Lord-Gunray Ex-Mod

star 7
    DLB I didn't know you were jewish.
  24. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    They look cool, nice work Fallen-Hero.
  25. GrandAdmiralJello Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque

Manager
    star 10
Moderators: JoinTheSchwarz, LAJ_FETT, Ramza
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.