main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

[Iz can bring it up here?] For the Holidays-change the stary things

Discussion in 'Communications' started by TheGuardianofArlon, Dec 1, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
    Can we have like different stuff for the Holidays? Like a candy cane, a stocking, a ornament, a Menorah (Iz can haz Menorah?)

No tree though.

Please?

2. epic

epic Ex Mod star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 1999
    a tree is crucial.

3. JoinTheSchwarz

JoinTheSchwarz Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 21, 2002
  4. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    What about some classy art with virgin mary actually giving birth to jesus? You know the one I'm talking about. Baby jesus is covered in Mary goo and the hay is sticking to him. Kinda like being tarred and feathered.

5. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    You also have to take into consideration that Mary was a virgin, so along with the goo, there would be a considerable amount of hymen blood... baby Jesus would look like a candy cane... festive!

6. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    Christmas with Eeth & Harpuah would be a delight.

Presumably, there must also have been a lot of fresh animal poop on the floor, all mixed up with the straw, blood and afterbirth.

7. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    Arlon, doing this would be a bit tricky because there are no holiday "stars" that currently exist. The Halloween ones are put up by IGN and we have no control over them. I doubt IGN has any Christmas/holiday versions or we would have seen them previously. While it's possible to make our own, there is a criteria that would need to be followed: GIF format, 10 unique images to replace the 10 existing stars, and they have to be the exact same size as the original ones (27x27 max).

8. Katana_Geldar

Katana_Geldar Jedi Grand Master star 8

Mar 3, 2003
    Why no tree?

9. Manisphere

Manisphere Jedi Master star 5

Aug 25, 2007
    Oh Holy night!o_O

10. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Holy something.......

11. FlareStorm

FlareStorm Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 13, 2000
    AmazingB awareness month icons

12. Dark Lady Mara

Dark Lady Mara Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 19, 1999
    But what if someone who had chosen a menorah icon ended up with a Christmas-themed star next to their username? The culturally-insensitive horror! >:eek:

13. ask-the-younglings

ask-the-younglings Jedi Youngling star 5

Jan 18, 2004
    If we could bump it up from 10 to 12, you could have a picture of the postman's face while delivering the gifts from the 12 days of christmas song.

One star could be 'mildly annoyed' postman-face (while trying to shift a pear tree around and somehow stop the partridge from flying off).

Twelve could be a massively disgruntled postie-face (while dragging a huge sackful of lords-a-leaping, maids-a-milking, broken goose eggs, pipers, drummers etc.)

14. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    I will gladly take a Grinch star next to my name.

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

15. Harpua

Harpua Chosen One star 9

Mar 12, 2005
    Why not just use a Grinch icon... I'm sure there will be one - or twenty when holiday icons are uploaded. I mean, if it went like the stars, you wouldn't have any control over which image was yours, because it would go by post count... we already have about a billion holiday icons to choose from.

16. DarthTunick

DarthTunick SFTC VII + Deadpool BOFF star 10 VIP - Game Host

Nov 26, 2000
    With the Grinch star, I could have that & my normal Laker storm trooper helmet icon.:p

They beat Boston!: 2009-2010 L.A. Lakers: Back-to-Back World Champions :cool:

17. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Starry things have been changed here in Comms for the holidays. Note that this change has to be applied at the banner level so if you want to see holiday 'stars' in your favorite forum let one of the forum mods know. Grimby left instructions to change them in MS.

Note that this change might take a few minutes to bed in across the servers. If you're still seeing old stars do a reload on the page.

Edit - thanks to Fallen-Hero for making the stars!

18. TheGuardianofArlon

TheGuardianofArlon Jedi Master star 6

Feb 26, 2007
  19. Skiara

Skiara ~• RSA FFC •~ star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 5, 2002
    Again: Well done, Fallen! [:D]

20. Im_just_guessing

Im_just_guessing Jedi Knight star 7

Oct 23, 2002
    I personally feel a little offended by the inclusion of a Menorah but no Tree.

21. Eeth-my-Koth

Eeth-my-Koth Jedi Grand Master star 9

May 25, 2001
    The menorahs are meant to single out the jews like the star of david did during the holocaust.

22. DarthLowBudget

DarthLowBudget Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 17, 2004
    "Hey, this symbol of an ancient tradition that has great meaning to your people? Yeah, right now it also means that some gentile has over 10000 posts on a star wars forum"

I'm with IJG, I will not be satisfied until pagans are likewise demeaned by the usurping of their symbolismohwaitaminute.

23. Only-One Cannoli

Only-One Cannoli Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 20, 2003
    DLB I didn't know you were jewish.

24. Darth McClain

Darth McClain Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2000
    They look cool, nice work Fallen-Hero.

25. GrandAdmiralJello

GrandAdmiralJello Comms Admin ❉ Moderator Communitatis Litterarumque star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Nov 28, 2000
    I'm a special snowflake. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.