main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

J!-E!-T!-S!, Jets!, Jets!, Jets!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    The team it just plain hurts to be a fan of, but we just can't help ourselves!
    The thread for all who bleed green.
    Lets talk Chad, lets reminise about Curtiss Martin, well you get the idea.
    Yesterday was a damn shame, we played da' Bears better than most, but Chad had to throw the interception on 2nd and goal and that seemed to just end the game for us (before Chicago had gotten a single point).

2. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Whoa, I just looked at their schedule for the rest of the season. That's gotta be the easiest schedule I've seen in a while. Three home games and three road games against mediocre teams.

3. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    We need all the help we can get! Though after beating New England, I kind of think they are overrated.

4. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    Keith Byars! I still have the scars.

5. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    I'm glad the Jets turned out to be a pleasant surprise, for their fans, after last year's dismal season.

6. ObiWan506

ObiWan506 Former Head Admin star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 5, 2003
    Here's a question I asked in a JCC thread, but I'll also put it here to see your responses. I know some people think Herm Edwards is overrated and such, so my question is: Do you think the Jets are decent this year because Herm is gone, or because they really are better then expected?

7. ApolloSmileGirl

ApolloSmileGirl Jedi Knight star 8

Jun 18, 2004
    Most Jets fans seem to not care much for Herm, but to be fair, the Jets don't have the numerous injuries(especially at QB) that they had last year.

8. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    Exactly, a healthy Chad Pennington makes and incredible difference. Though our running game ain't what she used to be when Curtiss Martin was racking up over 100 yards every game.

And living in New York and watching our local teams every week, I really think Chad is much better than the over-rated Eli Manning, and he doesn't have the quality receivers that Eli has.

9. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002

That is because Herm Edwards cost them just about every single close game in his tenure with his clock mismanagement.

10. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    Dammit, you just reminded me of the game we blew against Baltimore two years ago. :mad:

11. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001

Damnit, you just made me think of the Pittsburgh game two years ago.

12. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    Well, I for one am happy this week. And as I have always thought, but was in the minority until now, a healthy Chad Pennington is better than Eli Manning, even if his bloodlines aren't as excellent! Who would have thought we would have the same record as the Giants this far into the season? And we are looking up as they are looking down, plus we have an easier schedule from here on out. While neither team is going anywhere in the postseason, if they even make it, it looks like Gang Green will be the best in New York!

13. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    After the brutal ass-kicking we handed to the Packers yesterday, its time we started getting the respect we deserve in this league. We're just getting better and better while others in our division (cf New England, who we already traded road wins with) just seem to get worse each week. And we have an easy schedule, so the playoffs are beginning to look within reach!

14. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Aside from the thumping at Jacksonville, the only other 'bad' loss the Jets have is the one at Cleveland. Otherwise, they have beaten all the other teams they were supposed to beat, so I'm excited for the home stretch. Running the table would be great, and how they play against a very tough Buffalo team will reveal if they are for real. Our defense will get a legitmate test (McGahee pwns the Jets so far in his career). But the Jets are building a two-headed running machine of their own with Houston and Washington, and as long as Coles and Cotchery keep catching everything thrown to them, this offense will move the chains.

15. SLR

SLR Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 20, 2002
    Could Chad just throw more of those passes to Coles, rather than Cotchery. My fantasy team is in a six week (soon to be seven, unless Keyshawn has a killer game) losing streak.

16. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    We usually don't get that many Jets games out here in Missouri so I have to ask; how's Brad Smith doing in his first year in the pros?

17. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    He is a big part of the trick plays the Jets run (though as the offense as gained more confidence of late, they are running fewer of them), as he has lined up as both a receiver and quarterback at timesand has caught some passes and run some reverses. I am a little surprised Mangini has not called a single pass play with him, though knowing him, he must be saving it. He also plays on special teams.

18. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Thanks for the update, Fel.

19. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    Well, yesterday was a sad day in Jetsville. The playoffs look a lot further away now, but I still think we have a shot if we can win out, which, with our schedule, is possible.

20. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Mangini tried his hardest, but the team was simply looking ahead and took some steps backward. If it weren't for the Jets mysterious inability to tackle McGahee, he'd be some anonymous/mediocre back (he literally pads his stats against us). Chad did have some terrible throws though, and the second half of his season (besides parts of the Houston/Green Bay games) has been somewhat lackluster.

21. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Hmm, it's pretty clear Pennington is at his best when he has a chip on his shoulder (no pun intended) like the way he came firing out of the initial QB tryout Mangini had during training camp or today's performance. The Jets' staff and media should consistently give him a hard time to bring out the best in him. :p

But I have to give Mangini and Schottenheimer credit for preparing a great game plan against the Vikings' stout run defense. The team didn't panic after the early fumble and TD and took care of business for the rest of the game. It was also great to see Coles get up after being sandwiched by two linebackers late in the game.

22. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    That was a great game. Chad looked great. It just kills me that we have a better record than the Giants, but they still have a better shot at the playoffs due to how bad their conference sucks. And the media is more interested in that mediacrity Eli Manning, just because of his name than they are in Chad the man!

23. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    J-E-T-S JETS JETS JETS!!!!!!!!

I'm glad the whole country got to see how ugly the Jets play, but that's just the way we like it. Someone must've given Chad an audio feed of the booth to fire him up, as his fourth quarter TD drive was vintage Pennington (another great catch by Cotchery for the TD, BTW). But Leon Washington single-handedly won the game for the Jets, with a huge third down conversion on the TD drive and his explosive run to set up the FG. One blood rival down, another to go for the playoffs (the Raiders do sport a pretty good defense, but their offense is more inept than Miami's).

24. DarthIntegral

DarthIntegral JCC Baseball Draft/SWC Draft Commish star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jul 13, 2005
    I was so very happy to see a Jets win last night. If only because I want to see the Bengals miss the playoffs.

25. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Jan 15, 2005
    Heh, in all fairness, the Bengals had one of the toughest schedules this year. Conversely, the Jets had one of the easiest. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.