main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

J!-E!-T!-S!, Jets!, Jets!, Jets!

Discussion in 'Archive: The Arena' started by DarthPoppy, Nov 20, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Should be an easy win for them next week, Oakland is gonna be playing for that first round draft pick.

2. DarthPoppy

DarthPoppy Jedi Master star 4

May 31, 2005
    ESPN has the worst commentary of all these days. Who cares how strong a QB's arm is, if he is a winner? Joe Montana did not hava a strong arm, remember him? Eli Manning has a strong arm, but I'd take Pennington over him any day, because Chad has brains and makes a lot fewer stupid mistakes. There is more to being a successful QB in the NFL than being able to throw the long bomb! Man, I hate ESPN sometimes!

3. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    I'm glad there are writers like that, because that just motivates Pennington to do well and prove them wrong. As I've said before, he seems to play at his best when there's a chip on his shoulder (lol).

4. GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN

GRAND_MOFF_KEVIN Jedi Master star 5

Jul 4, 2004
    Jets should win easily next week which would have them against Indy in the first round. I think that would be a tough test but Indy isn't invincible any more and the Jets could come away with it.

5. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    We are in the PLAYOFFS BABY!!!!

J!-E!-T!-S!, JETS!, JETS!, JETS!

And we have beaten New England at Foxborough already once this year, so it is possible, though I have to say I am just glad we made it this far, as I certainly didn't expect it. But if we could pull it off, and Mangini could upset Belicheck, that would be something for the ages.

J!-E!-T!-S!, JETS!, JETS!, JETS!

6. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    One of my bosses at work is a HUGE Jets fan. We all had much fun making fun of his love for the team, and then they had to go and make the playoffs. Thanks a lot. [face_plain]

7. Yodave27

Yodave27 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 2, 2001
    I'm still not over the NLCS, so I don't wanna hear you whining about anything, chriss_man...

J
    E
    T
    S

JETS JETS JETS!!!!

8. DarthPoppy

May 31, 2005
    Chad Pennington was named NFL Comeback Player of the Year. He really deserves this. Congratulations Chad Pennington! You da man! And those stupid ESPN commentators who were dogging you on your arm strength can go to the devil.

9. Baron-Soontir-Fel

Baron-Soontir-Fel Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 15, 2005
    We know how Mangini loves to use boxing matches to teach lessons to the team, and I think the Jets' season will end like Rocky, where they will probably go the distance against the Pats but lose a tight game on a field goal. That said, I wouldn't mind a Rocky II next season. :p

But man was it great wearing my Jet hat while I was in Miami. The fact I got high fives from fellow New Yorkers versus no sneers from any locals tells you a bit about Miami.

10. chiss_man

chiss_man Jedi Master star 6

Jul 1, 2002
    Oy. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.