J. J. Abrams' New Show: "Alcatraz" New EpisodeTonight

Discussion in 'Archive: The Amphitheatre' started by Nevermind, Dec 1, 2010.

1. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Monster of the week right now doesn't mean it will be a monster of the week show forever. Watch season 1 of Lost where a huge problem for the survivors consisted of things like someone stealing Shannon's inhaler. :p

I liked the premiere. Not as great as Lost's first two hours, but that's an unfair standard to hold any show to. I liked the 2nd hour better as well. Emerson Hauser is kind of a dick. Hopefully we learn more about Madsen's character that will make her more interesting. And of course Jorge is Jorge, how can you not love him? I'm glad his character isn't just a clone of Hurley. He's goofy just like Hurley, yes, but Hurley was always kinda dimwitted and Soto is kind of a genius.
  2. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Enjoyed Alcatraz, but I too am worried about it long-term. With one prisoner coming back per week, they have a premise for a long time but slowly revealing the mythology is the key. I'm not sure how long they can delay giving more details.
  3. The2ndQuest Tri-Mod With a Mouth

Manager
    star 10
    Well, they can stretch out a few of the myth elements, and answer each one by one: who took them, how, what mission/purpose, the grandfather, the uncle, etc.
  4. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    "New Alcatraz" seems like it could be really interesting, depending on what direction they in. There has to be some sort of consequence of bringing the '63ers back together.
  5. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I agree with this. I found the first 90 minutes moderately enjoyable, but I can see myself losing interest fast.
  6. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    9-10PM | FOX
    Alcatraz

"The team tries to find a reappeared child killer who ? disturbingly ? returns his victims home after he murders them."
  7. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Tonight's episode was awesome. I thought Ernest Cobb was creepy but Kit Nelson was on a whole other level of creep.
  8. Mastadge Manager Emeritus

star 7
    I like how they felt the need to let us know that that's disturbing.
  9. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Fox thinks we're all stooopid
  10. Darth McClain Arena Manager Emeritus

star 6
    It was pretty good, that's for sure. Looking forward to next week.
  11. EBSaints Force Ghost

star 6
    Really enjoyed this week's episode. They've gotten progressively better with each one. Let's see if they can keep it up.
  12. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    Are the returning guys based on real characters?

Is Al Capone going to make a comeback?
  13. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alcatraz
    Episode: Cal Sweeney
    NEW
    S01, E04

When a notorious robber (Eric Johnson) returns from the past, Rebecca must extricate him from a hostage-filled bank before his identity is discovered.

CC
    TV-14 (D,L,V,S)

9:00 - 10:00 PM FOX
  14. Armenian_Jedi Force Ghost

star 7
    Cool to see Whitney from Smallville still getting gigs. :p

I thought he was awesome as Cal Sweeney. I think Kit Nelson was a better episode, but this was still pretty cool. I've always liked bank robbery scenarios though. lol
  15. Nevermind Jedi Grand Master

star 6
    Alcatraz
    Episode: Guy Hastings
    NEW
    S01, E05

An Alcatraz guard, Guy Hastings, reappears and runs into an old acquaintance.

CC
    TV-14 (D,L,V,S)

9:00 - 10:00 PM FOX
  16. Nagai Jedi Youngling

star 3
    I wonder when do we get a coook.