main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

ST J.J. Abrams to direct and co-write Star Wars: Episode IX (see warning on page 34 before posting)

Discussion in 'Sequel Trilogy' started by soul8luos, Sep 12, 2017.

1. Master_Lok

Master_Lok Force Ghost star 6

Dec 18, 2012

[face_laugh] at your quip and PymParticles very funny avatar. The;nk you sirs!

PymParticles likes this.
  2. yassir.khan

yassir.khan Jedi Master star 4

Nov 27, 2014
    All the focus has been on what direction Rian has been given but I thought the article itself was interesting as a whole.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    IIRC, Abrams said right after the TFA premiere that he knows Rey's parentage and that he has spoken to Rian a lot. They even tweaked things in their movies at each other's requests. So, I don't understand what Rian is doing right now. [face_dunno]

4. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Great story!

Two things.

1. I had given up on Luke’s being the father. Maybe we’d never know or it’d be a surprise. So maybe now there’s a chance? If not, then Han? Not Chewie, C3PO, R2D2, Snoke, etc. Maybe Lars? But if he was in the spaceship in the vision, certainly he couldn’t successfully avoid her after returning to Jakku to watch over her. She’s old enough to make the connection. He could be the grandfather as old as he is, but she’d recognize him.

2. It’s great they’re ending the Skywalker and not doing 10-12 with the new characters. As I have foreseen, the moment I saw the thread of the ridiculous 10-12 is *guaranteed*. That rumor was created by some nobody claiming to be in the know.

Of course, we could have an SST with Poe and Finn, but that’d be pointless, though I don’t rule out spinoffs for them. And if Rey is a Skywalker, well, then JJ is telling us indirectly what Ridley is telling us directly—she’s not coming back.

Of course, things could change. Lucas said he’d never do the Sequel Trilogy and here we are. Though technically he isn’t doing the ST.

Hopefully someone is wise and doesn’t do a SST in the future with these characters—with or without Ridley—or even different characters. Maybe spinoffs with the New 3 are OK, but Ridley is apparently ruling out even that for her.

The Force is with us.

5. ladygrey45

ladygrey45 Jedi Master star 4

Dec 30, 2015
    to me it seems daisy is already sick of star wars, its refreshing to get people like kelly and john who are happy to be there but i don't blame her

MrElculver2424 likes this.
  6. Satipo

Satipo Force Ghost star 7

Mar 29, 2014
    Rian was given the TFA script then asked what happened next. He wasn't told what happened next. Once he made his pitch - which by all accounts everyone loved - RJ and JJ would have compared notes and seen where things did and didn't align, facilitated by the story group. No one - Rian included - is suggesting that RJ created TLJ in a vacuum or that he seized control of the franchise while JJ, KK and co all had to suck it. He's tell us what happened, is what he's doing. It's only confusing to people who think that everything was set in stone from the beginning or who think things being fluid meant that RJ just made up whatever he wanted with zero consultation or oversight at all.

Eternal_Jedi and SgtTimBob like this.
  7. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    Right, I wasn't trying to take a swipe. I just thought it was a relevant quote.

Satipo likes this.
  8. MrElculver2424

MrElculver2424 Jedi Master star 4

May 11, 2014
    There's almost no chance Luke is her father now, after they have all joked about it so much...it would be so underwhelming. But her being a nobody might also be underwhelming to some people...

I'm still hoping for Rey Kenobi, but I really do think that JJ had it planned out in a way that we simply don't yet know. I think her parents might end up being significant, but characters that we don't yet know about.

It sounds like Rian hints at something in TLJ, but he says it's not really answered, so it looks like JJ will get the chance to fully reveal his ideas in IX.

9. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    She’s Khan’s daughter.

Well, considering JJ is one of the executive producers of VIII, he still had some input.

mlsw likes this.
  10. Darkslayer

Darkslayer #2 Sabine Wren Fan star 7

Mar 26, 2013
    [​IMG]

11. Jazz9276

Jazz9276 Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 19, 2016
    http://www.rollingstone.com/movies/features/star-wars-the-last-jedi-14-things-we-learned-w513392

12. Nipuhanipera

Nipuhanipera Force Ghost star 5

May 25, 2014
    I'm expecting a "Save Leia..." moment when Rey and Kylo discover that their mothers have the same name. And then become besties right away. :p