main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JA #14 (Spoilers!!!)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Darth Pipes, Jul 4, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Well, today is supposed to be the day that that Jedi Apprentice #14: The Ties that Bind comes out. Scholastic has a sample chapter on it's website. It sounds very good and involves Tahl. I just thought I would start this thread ahead of time.

It's good that we didn't have to wait so long for this one like we did the JA Special Edition.

2. Wedge 88

Wedge 88 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 16, 1999
    I stoped reading JA around #5 or 6. But I read the SE because it deals with Anakin and Obi-Wan. I thought it was very nice. So, I'll keep my eyes open for 14.

3. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    Yeah!
    I cannot wait to read this book, and I love the fact that you know who is going to be in in it (Last sentance of the sample chapter :)

4. DarthHag

DarthHag Jedi Youngling

Jan 7, 2001
    I found TIES THAT BIND at Walmart. oh my god. "young adult" book my foot. This is better than anything I ever read in Star Wars. Forget the NJO and everything else. Save your $$$ and get this book.

I'm not going to say anything more until more people have read it.

5. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    On the topic of JA:

I think the title to #16 is The Call to Vengeance. Saw it listed on booksamillion.com, and it sounds right.

6. princess_of_naboo

princess_of_naboo Jedi Master star 4

Nov 9, 2000
    The Ties That Bind, The Death of Hope, and The Call to Vengeance. Sounds like a VERY cool trilogy!

7. Master Chbel

Master Chbel Jedi Padawan star 4

May 6, 2000
    A Call to Vengeance is a most unjedi like title.

Most curious.

I was at B&N (which has always had the JA books on time) and they don't have #15. Wasn't the release date 7/3???

8. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    The call to vengance eh?
    Sounds to me like someone was is going to be killed in "the death of hope" thus the title and in book #16 it's Revenge time!

9. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I tried looking for a copy but I didn't find one. Hopefully by next week I'll have it.

10. naw ibo

naw ibo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 18, 1999
    Me, too. I went to five bookstores(and at my age too reading JA books LOL!! they're better than most of the ADULT SW books) in my area and not one of them had it. However, I don't mind being spoiled so if someone wants to talk about what happens, go right ahead. :D

11. Lagniappe

Lagniappe Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 19, 1999
    I too am anxiously awaiting getting my hands on the next one!

12. Bubba

Bubba Jedi Knight star 5

Sep 10, 2000
    Spoilers please. :)

13. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    I found the ties that bind yesterday!
    I was very surprised so I read it last night, it was excellent. One thing is this story had jumped forward two years from the last one becuase now is 16. This book had some great plots twists that you never would have seem coming, like a kind of romantic scene between two ceratain masters.
    Even though this book did not have as much action as I would have liked, it is still worth reading for sure :)

14. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Did I mention that this book was one of those great cliffhangers that we love so much? and one last thing, I would just like the say that this book shows a very diiferent side to qui-gon and that is was I liked it so much. My Favorite scene is between him and Thal and he is telling her who he feels about her, and it was so well written, the scene is just so touching that some people may need to get a tissue, and that is why I am looking foward to the next book so that I can find out what is going to happen next between them. Still the tilte the death of hope gives me a bit feeling....

15. Big_Gizz

Big_Gizz Jedi Youngling

Jun 20, 2001
    Hey can someone check out if you can see Yaddle on the cover of this book. There's been a discussion on another topic about whether the short story in Star Wars Tales #5: "The One Below" is set before or after the Jedi Apprentice series. This could settle that up. Thanks

16. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    I checked Barns and Noble and Atlantic Books at the Mall of America, but neither had it. :( I would've also checked B Daltons, but it apparently was closed. :(

By the way.... I was at bn.com today, and noticed this note next to SW #14: This title is not presently stocked by Barnes & Noble.
    Check availability from our network of book dealers.

~*~Bria

17. Master Chbel

May 6, 2000
    I went into the local B&N today (7/10) and they still didn't have The Ties That Bind.

This time I asked.

Their warehouse never got it and apparently a LOT of people have requested copies.

18. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Hmmm... somebody has found it... that's a good sign. :)

Perhaps I will see if my comic shop has it. :)

~*~Bria

19. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    I still haven't found it. :( :( :(
    I'm on vacation and I looked at a Bookstar, a Waldenbooks, and two independent bookstores. :( :( :(

20. Master Chbel

May 6, 2000
    It could look like something really went wrong somewhere. Amazon.com has it on backorder--about 3-5 weeks. (B&N has it backordered too).

21. Anakin SkySolo

Anakin SkySolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Dec 20, 1999
    I've been calling around all week. No one has it. Except Borders, who said that they can't place the book on sale until August 1. So it's stuck in boxes in the storeroom.

Ack!

22. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    Still looking for mine. Hopefully, I'll have it by tomorrow.

23. Master Chbel

May 6, 2000
    I noticed that at somepoint I'd written down an early August release date.

Is it possible that this may still be true--despite the supposed early July release date?

24. Darth Pipes

Oct 12, 1999
    I believe some people have gotten it. Amazon said it's on back order and will arrive in 3-5 weeks. Blame Lucasfilm Licensing for this one. I don't mind them coming out early but it should be consistent.

I'm still looking for a copy.

25. Lydian

Lydian Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 21, 2000
    ok, guys:

i work at a waldenbooks, and if you can't find the book on the shelves where it's supposed to be, look around for a cardboard Scholastic display. there should be one, at least our store has one...we put the books out three days ago, like we were told to, along with a bunch of other Scholastic releases. there should be a display thing with a whole lot of young adult books on it, and JA#14 might be hidden somewhere on the side. maybe that'll help...

anyway, i read the whole thing last night, and MAN was it ever good. the best yet, in my opinion...and the whole Qui/Tahl thing--so sweet!!! i was hoping that would happen...but unfortunately, it can only end badly, as far as i can see...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.