main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JA#16 Cover!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Cow_Girl, Oct 25, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Cow_Girl

Cow_Girl Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 15, 2001
    The cover for the new Jedi apprentice is now online (Finally) and Whoa, Qui-gon looks royally pissed off!
    Can't same I blame him Though after all that has happened to him in the last couple of books....
    Does anyone know where I can find a bigger picutre of it? The one at BN.om is kind of small and I want to see if there is some detail in the background, Becasue if Cliif Nielsen drew this one again he usually likes to iclude something extra...

2. Jedi-Faith

Jedi-Faith Jedi Master star 2

Dec 21, 2000
    Another person pointed out the faces over Qui-Gon's shoulder... there are two of them; one looks like Mace Windu and the other is too blurry to tell although she thinks it *might* be Obi-Wan...

I see a face underneath "Star Wars", but I think it's just me and my imagination... It's like those ink blots; what do you see in there? :D ;)

I wish there was a bigger copy somewhere too... I hope the Official Site will update and post the cover the way Death of Hope was a couple of months back...

3. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    Wow jedi_Faith you have good eyes!
    I thought that Obi-wan would be in the background somehow. It is my littke theory that he proably will be the only person that is able to stop qui-gon form turning to the darkside or doing something that he may regret for a very long time...

4. Jedi-Faith

Dec 21, 2000
    Hehe :D Watch me be totally wrong... ;)

Oh, someone reviewed the book on BN.com; they didn't say much but it seems like they got #16 already. I'm going to start my search this week...

5. Jenn-Kenobi

Jenn-Kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 3, 2001
    You think, one of the people in the background is Balog?

The other just has to be Obi-Wan! I mean come on! He has to play a key role in helping Qui-Gon stay in the light.

As for Mace, what would he be doing in it? I could see where Yoda, maybe.

I have got a feeling that this book will be a turning point for both Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. This one or the next may explain about how Qui-Gon is so in tune with the Living Force. *I don't know this for a fact, it is just my thoughts*

6. Darth Pipes

Darth Pipes Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 12, 1999
    Great cover! Qui-Gon does indeed look pissed. Should be a great book. It'll be up to Obi-Wan (and it should be him and not Mace) to restore order to chaos.

7. Jedi-Faith

Dec 21, 2000
    I was considering Balog being in the back as a possibility... One of the faces does look a bit like Mace, but the highlights warp the face... Why can't they give us a better scan?!?! :_|

I stand by my theory of the face underneath Star Wars... hehehehe, maybe I'm being overly hopeful... ;) To me, the ink blot there looks like Obi-Wan's face looking upward...

We'll find out Nov. 5! Or maybe earlier... I hope it's earlier because I think I'm gonna go nuts before then :D

8. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    What? You're not going nuts right now waiting to get Star by Star. I am. In fact, I got about 33.5 hours to go before I get it.

9. Jedi-Faith

Dec 21, 2000
    Uhhh... Vector Prime bored me to death (I didn't stay awake long enough to finish it) and I've been afraid of NJO ever since... [face_blush]

Please forgive me for my lack of excitement towards the release of Star by Star... :)

10. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    I will not get JA 16 till Dec. :_|

11. Cow_Girl

Jun 15, 2001
    I'm going to start looking at the bookstore that always seems to get the books in early very soon,I just don't know when I'll get the chance to go their anytime in the future, on the brightside I'm going to toronto on sunday with friends so I'm planning on dragging them all into a chapters store, just so I can look for JA#16... :)

12. Jedi-Faith

Dec 21, 2000
    I'm going to be returning to Toronto on the weekend too. Hopefully, they'll release it early the way most of the other JA books were... :D

Jenn, how come Dec? :(

13. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    That is what the bookstore told me and the last time I got a book online, *JA 14* It was out on July 4, but I didn't get it till three weeks later and my bookstore got it before me! :mad: And with shipping I feel like I am paying for two books not one.

14. Jedi-Faith

Dec 21, 2000
    Perhaps you should try looking in stores instead of online. I don't really trust buying things over the net... I prefer to see the physical thing I'm paying for.

15. Jenn-Kenobi

Aug 3, 2001
    I usually get JA books at the bookstore at the mall, and any other bookstore around, I never go to. So I guess it is Dec. *sigh*

16. Daanyani

Daanyani Jedi Youngling

Jul 12, 2001
    COW_GIRL...

I've also noticed some "hidden" things in the background somewhere, what have you seen on which books, maybe I've missed something...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.