main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JA Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Arldetta, Oct 11, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    This is where writers can post any stories pertaining to the Jedi Apprentice series. In other words all stories leading up to TPM.

I have only one really worth mentioning, "Iedos Libarere." (link is on my bio)

Anyone else want to post their links here, feel free. Thanks. This one's for you, Cascadia! :) I couldn't find an established link on the search, if there is one out there I'm sorry.

2. shanobi

shanobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 11, 2001
    Great idea Arldetta :) I've only got one, and most readers on this board may have already read it, but i'll post it for any newbies who may be interested.
    From this Moment

It's a relatively short fic with my version of how Qui-Gon finally lets Obi-Wan into his heart [face_love]

Sidenote: I am working on another very AU JA and will post a link here as well as soon as I start posting it.

Great idea, i'll be checking back in to see if there are some fics posted i havent had a chance to check out yet :D

--Shan

3. Cascadia

Cascadia Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 15, 2002
    Thanks, Arldetta!

These are the JA stories I have here at TFN. My more recent ones are listed first and are much better written, IMO.

Breath of Night - Lost on a strange world, a terrible disaster leaves Obi-Wan to care for his master, and alone to battle the guilt in his heart.

Miles To Go - Padawan Obi-Wan is kidnapped by a Force-sensitive. Can he overcome without the Force? Without Qui-Gon?

Passage of Fear - Someone has infected Obi-Wan with a memory-loss virus. What are their plans for him now?

Hiding Master Sariel - (Humor, just to warn you.) Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon try to keep Obi's pet a scret from the Council.

Trembling in the Balance - Obi-Wan has a problem he tries to keep from Qui-Gon. How hard will that be while on a mission?

4. FELICIA_ZEZILI

FELICIA_ZEZILI Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 5, 2001
    Great idea Arldetta! I have a few I would like to humbly mention.

Maybe She's an Angel During some downtime on Coruscant, Obi-Wan finds that even the smallest gestures of kindness can mean the galaxy to some people.

Lost in the Darkness Five years ago Obi-Wan disappeared. Now While on a mission with Tahl and Bant, Qui-Gon finds Obi-Wan but now that he has found his Padawan can he save him from the Darkness?

Obi-Wan's Odyssey Obi-Wan?s life has taken an unexpected turn. Years earlier during a mission his master disappeared and Obi-Wan is now losing all his faith in the force and straying from his path. The ?Chosen One? prophecy must be fulfilled so the force decides to ?help? him find his way back.

Well that's it. I do have two other stories but these are my favorties.

Felicia Z.

5. Arldetta

Arldetta Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2002
    As glad as I am at the comments, I have to admit this was Cascadia's brain child, I just provided her the means to realize it. To her regal mind and brilliance I defer. ;) :D

And I'm glad that it's already received a number of good additions. Hope to see more!! Thanks everyone. ;)

6. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
  7. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    I've been looking for an excuse to recommend Young Beginnings by Siobhan.

Edit 9/25/04: I've updated the link, since the Jedi Apprentice Desktop Central page seems to be defunct these days. :( The author has a copy on her site, but the formatting is all screwy--the text doesn't wrap to the screen. If you visit her site, I'd recommend copying and pasting the text into a word processing document where you can control how the paragraphs look. /Edit

It's just a very gentle, low-key and believable story about how Qui-Gon helps Obi-Wan build his first lightsaber. There's a bit of a hurt/comfort element to it, but Siobhan manages to incorporate that without resorting to the usual character deaths, grievous bodily injury, dread diseases, or kidnapping.

Obi-Wan's pretty young in this fic and he's really struggling with a problem, but he still comes across as a bright, sensible individual. He's his usual caring self as well. :)

Also, while I've seen several fics that present Qui-Gon as a good father, this is one of the few I've read that manage to present him as a gifted teacher. Siobhan doesn't have him reveal any earth-shattering truths, but there's a kind of genuine, everyday wisdom there.

Very sweet without becoming embarrassingly schmoopy.

8. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    This is such a good idea, why is it on page 4?

Up,Up,Up!!!

:)

9. JediKlea

JediKlea Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 19, 2002
    Thanks so much for posting these link! I can never find the place where storys are in order of what time frame they are in. They will have EU mixed with everything else when I faind it.
    Thanks a million! I loved everyone of the storys that I maneged to have time to read. Great job with these storys all!

10. shanobi

Dec 11, 2001
    I'm so surprised this isn't being utilized more :eek:

Up, UP, UP!

11. Jemmiah

Jemmiah Jedi Master star 5

Mar 5, 2000
    I agree! There's a lot of great JA stuff out there. I'm surprised this hasn't been flooded with replies!

Well, I was only going to post a few links but just to keep things ticking along I'll add some extra, if I may! :)

~~~~~~~~~

Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan are called to investigate the disappearance of a missing envoy, but the mission is much more dangerous than expected...

As Long as there is Hope

Mayhem ensues when the holocams decend upon the temple infirmary to make a documentary series. The padawan's fight to get in on the act, whilst Obi-Wan wrestles with a rather delicate emotional problem...

The Cruellest Cut of All

What happens to Jedi on a charity cantina crawl? Do they maintain their dignity? Or do the hidden aspects of their personalities reveal themselves? If you like the idea of drunken Jedi, this one's for you!

A night to (almost) remember

"A Problem Shared..." is all about the result of Obi-Wan & friends attempt to set themselves up as the temple's agony aunt...with disasterous results!

A Problem Shared is a Problem Multiplied

The infamous temple outing to the zoo, where Qui and Obi have to act as chaperones to the initiates. If you thought the zoo was merely full of cute and cudly animals, think again!

Lions and Tigers and Padawans, Oh My!

Obi-Wan learns to cope with the loss of someone close:

Family Matters

A temple outing to the planet Tildas turns into a major disaster, and what should have been the trip of a lifetime turns into a struggle to survive:

The Lion Sleeps Tonight

A whole host of collected JA short stories stories can be found at:

Jedi Snapshots

Someone is abducting and murdering women on the streets of Coruscant, and the net starts closing in on two of Obi-Wan's dearest friends. Can he and Qui-Gon help before a similar fate befalls them?

Someone to Watch over Me

12. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This isn't mine, but it's a wonderful story and is a must read for JA fans.

The Hunted by Cassia and Sio

Summary: Non-slash. When a mission goes awry, Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon are
    caught up in a churning swirl of events that leaves Obi-Wan to the mercy of
    a cruel and unbending society and forces Qui-Gon to make decisions that
    could effect both their lives forever. In trouble and unable to turn to the
    Temple for help, the pair must try to survive on their own and stay two
    steps ahead of pursuit in a galaxy that is suddenly full of predators as
    they find themselves having become... the Hunted.

13. starlight_kenobi

starlight_kenobi Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2001
    I guess I'll give my stories a boost. :)

Here they are:

The Gift of A Destiny

This story link includes the first and second stories in my trilogy. Basically, they start with Qui-Gon and Xanatos finding a little girl, and follow what happens to her when Xani turns.

Destiny Deferred

This is the third story in the trilogy. Starlight tried to change Xanatos back and failed. Now, she has become a dark-sider herself and is after Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan. What will happen when she meets up with her adopted father and his apprentice again for the first time in eight years?

14. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    Here's another one that's not mine:

Invasion of Mind by LuvEwan

Summary: Obi-Wan believes he is turning to the Dark Side when plagued by terrible thoughts.

15. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    I've been trying to find this one for a few days, so here it is . . . :D

Crushed by Jane Jinn

Summary: Obi-Wan develops a crush on a girl, but where will his feelings lead him?
    Time frame: Obi-Wan is 16

Come on, guys. Post your JA fics. :)

16. FELICIA_ZEZILI

Aug 5, 2001
    There are so many JA fics out there I can't believe this isn't on it's third page already. Anyway here's a new one I'm working on.

Streak of Madness Obi-Wan blames himself for the death of a friend which causes him to develop a split personality that causes havoc on an unsuspecting society.

Felicia Z.

17. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
  18. Jedi_Suzuran

Jedi_Suzuran Jedi Knight star 5

May 22, 2002
    *kicks thread back to the top*

We need more stories!

Here is a short, very angsty piece by TheSwedishJedi:

Not Worthy:

Obi-Wan is having a rough time.

19. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    This is a great AU by Arldetta:

Forsaken and Begotten

Summary: Obi-Wan is sent to Bandomeer when he is not picked by a Master. On the way there, the ship is attacked by Pirates. And the AU commences.

20. female_obi_wan

female_obi_wan Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 2002
    *squeals incredibly loudly at this thread*

All of mine,and some others,can be found at http://www.heartstars.net/sw/

They're all really good...except possibly mine. ^_^

21. Cascadia

Apr 15, 2002
    One Small Child
    by Cascadia
    Summary: One winter night, Obi-Wan learns about sacrifice . . . [a Christmas story]

22. Kenobism

Kenobism Jedi Youngling star 1

May 19, 2002
    Oh you evil people! I should be learning but now that I've found all these wonderful stories how can I even hope to be able to concentrate? :p ;)

Anyway, this is a wonderful idea! (And once again I will spend way too much time in front of the computer - thanks to you ;) )

P.S. Hi Jemmiah! Remember me? I'm finally back from my fight with Darth Real Life! :)

23. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
    Title:
    The Soul Destroyer. Obi angst.
    Author:jacen200015
    Summary: Qui-gon is between life and death. can Obi save his master from the mysterious girl and save another soul who is under the destroyer's influence?
    Notes: JA, AU and Angst. Obi is 15 years old.

24. jacen200015

jacen200015 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 11, 2002
  25. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    oohhh!! Wonderful stories we got here! :) I'm just gonna put up my fic for the heck of it. :D (I don't know how to do links)

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9993129&replies=0

Title: Life Long Friends
    Author: Padawan Jess Kenobi
    rating: very AU, JA, I changed the ages around a little bit. NON-slash
    summary: A Xani/Obi/Qui fic. When Xanatos meets a young initiate, he makes a friend for life

If you do visit, PLEASE leave a review....reviews are like air to me :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.