main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jabba Anthology Film?

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Pro Scoundrel , Aug 18, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003

Pro Scoundrel likes this.
  3. B99

B99 Force Ghost star 6

Nov 10, 2014
    I hope they don't recast Jabba..

4. Jcuk

Jcuk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 16, 2013
    Can't really envisage Jabba having his own film. Great character, who's best suited though to giving impact as a minor player in a bigger story.

Mostly Handless likes this.
  5. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
    I know a good actor that'll be out of a job soon who'd play a great Jabba. His skin tone might be too orange though.

6. Krueger

Krueger Chosen One star 5

Aug 9, 2004
    Not a film, no. But seriously, I think a comic mini series would be a great idea.

B99 likes this.
  7. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    I suspect Variety were kidding about this. An entire movie about Jabba? Which would be mostly subtitled? I don't think so.

8. Mostly Handless

Mostly Handless Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 11, 2017
  9. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    I could see Jabba as a character in a Boba Fett movie focusing on the underworld. But I can't imagine a Jabba centric solo film at the moment.

Gigoran Monk likes this.
  10. Gigoran Monk

Gigoran Monk Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 2, 2016
  11. redxavier

redxavier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 23, 2003
    I can see it being a film about new characters that he features in, maybe as a background character or villain, but a dedicated anthology film titled 'Jabba the Hutt'? No thanks.

12. I need a jar jar binks origin movie

13. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
    "Crashin' de Heyblibber: A Star Wars Story"

14. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It would be a sequel to Han Solo, along with the Boba Fett movie.
    A little trilogy using the same cast.

I will maintain that none of these movies... Boba, Jabba, or Kenobi... are coming soon.
    It all sounds like early discussions.

Something else has to turn up before them. Even if that turns out to be the Indiana Jones movie.

B3 likes this.
  15. B3

B3 Chosen One star 6

Jan 21, 2014
    I wonder if this "Jabba" film might be focused on characters in his immediate circle rather than Jabba himself, perhaps characters and stories salvaged from the Underworld scripts.
    I'm suddenly having visions of Tales From Jabba's Palace as directed by Quentin Tarantino and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  16. Count Zero

Count Zero Jedi Master star 4

Jul 20, 2014
    Greedo: A Star Wars Story

In all honesty, i can see an anthology film focusing on the underworld with Jabba as the Villain. But they seem to want to connect everything to the main Saga, and that doesn't work with Jabba. Now, if they did something NEW that was largely unconnected to the main Saga other than having the Imperials be the cops i could see it. A heist film, Oceans 11 or Heat style would be great.

17. Darth Downunder

Darth Downunder Chosen One star 6

Aug 5, 2001
    The next available spot is 2020, the year after Ep IX. Perfect time for the Kenobi film. After that I imagine they'll spin some of the ST characters off into their own movies.

18. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    A Jabba film sounds like it has the potential to be....TERRIBLE. Like, bombad terrible! Haha It's a no from me. think I'd skip this one!

19. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
  20. 11-4D

11-4D Force Ghost star 5

Apr 6, 2015
    A Jabba/Boss Nass buddy movie perhaps?

21. Lord-Skywalker

Lord-Skywalker Hangman Host/18X Wacky Wed Winner star 10 VIP - Game Winner VIP - Game Host

Jul 8, 2002
    "You don't understand. Jabba The Hutt never gets that movie. That part is perfect for him. It'll make him a big star. I'm gonna run him out of the movies. And let me tell you why. Jabba ruined one of the Twi'lek's most valuable proteges, Oola. For three years we had her under contract, singing lessons, dancing lessons, acting lessons. I spent hundreds of thousands of credits. I was gonna make her a big star. And let me be even more frank, just to show you that I'm not a hard-hearted man, that it's not all credits and portions. She was beautiful! She was young, she was innocent. She was the greatest piece of Twi'lek I've ever had, and I've had 'em all over the galaxy. And then Jabba comes along with his raspy voice and Huttese charm and she runs off. She threw it all away just to make me look ridiculous. And a man in my position can't afford to be made to look ridiculous. Now you get the hell out of here! And if that slug tries any rough stuff, you tell him I ain't no bandleader. Yeah, I heard that story".

Darth Downunder likes this.
  22. my kind of scum

my kind of scum Force Ghost star 4

Mar 4, 2002
    Ah, I suppose I am the only one excited for this one. In the early days of the anthology film rumors, I said that I would most like to see a Hutt/underworld film, so this has the potential to be exactly what I would like to see... I also feel, personally, that the Disney films have been too heavy on human main characters so seeing a very alien-heavy cast (as I would suspect around Jabba) would be a breath of fresh air to me.

Artoo-Dion likes this.
  23. The Legions of Lettow

The Legions of Lettow Jedi Master star 5

Oct 14, 2015
    Definitely gonna hafta be a wide film gauge movie.

24. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  25. themoth

themoth Force Ghost star 5

Dec 5, 2015
    An origin story that ends when Greedo walks into the Mos Eisely cantina.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.