main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Bloom, IN Jabba Costume Emergency!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by casey_the_hutt, Oct 26, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Jabba's fan doesn't work anymore, and I don't have enough time to return and get a new one by Halloween! The fan is a simple device that hooks up to a power source that has 4 AA batteries and a switch. I took it all apart and all the connections are secure, so I have no idea what the problem could be. This is electronics 101 and I'm at a loss and am hoping someone might have an idea how I can fix this before this Friday.

Someone? anyone? please help! The costume just doesn't work without being inflated!

2. echo-3

echo-3 Former RSA star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    Casey is it a removable fan?

3. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    Lucky it's simple to troubleshoot. Dumb question... did you put the batteries in properly?
    Too easy, huh. So it's the switch or the fan. Go to Radio Shack, Lowes, Home Depot, where
    ever, and just replace the parts. They sell this stuff by the barrel-full. If you can find
    a small enough inflatable Christmas decoration, you might be able to cannibalize that.

An uninflated Jabba... now that is scary.

4. casey_the_hutt

casey_the_hutt Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 4, 2005
    Feelin' pretty stupid here, but just replaced the batteries, and it works. Not sure what the deal is... I put in what I thought were freshly recharged Li-ion AA batteries, but apparently they're dead!

Problem "solved". Maybe I should wear a dunce hat instead of the Jabba costume for Halloween.

5. CloneUncleOwen

CloneUncleOwen Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2009
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I'm glad that's all it was. Feeling silly beats a non-functioning Jabba!

Happy Halloween![face_pumpkin]

6. MusicTrooper

MusicTrooper Jedi Master star 4

Feb 22, 2005

hhhhhhhhhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....................

Dunce___________gosh darn stupid problem #@$#@%# @#$%&* $#$% $$####$$$$$$:_|

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/MusicTrooper/one%20time%20use/Dunce.jpg]

_________________________________________OR____________________________________________

WIZARD:cool:

Cool headed enough to ask for help and inspire own brain to compute more possibilities,

[image=http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a94/MusicTrooper/one%20time%20use/69_1143216_Wizard_Hat_300.jpg]

Probly too close to all:D

Glad you and Jabba can now go forth and be Hutt-like[face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.