main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Jabba's Palace Costume Party - Oct. 29, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    I moved this to a separate thread to avoid confusion with info on the DVD event.

Previously posted by Jedi Tenken:

Okay a update on the Jabba Palace party. Star Wars costumes are now mandatory, although they don't have to be good. lol It will be on Oct 29th starting at 7pm. There will be a cover of $10. There will be Star Wars themed drinks. Free appitizers for the first hour. Ummm... there is a special guest coming, I can not mention who it is.

Anyway what is also need for this event:
    -A canon Boba Fett is needed (not Jango, BOBA. Maybe we should call Daniel eh?)
    -A Princess Leia's metal bikini, a hot bar maid from Alpha has already volunteered to fill those shoes ummm... well... not shoes but... you know what I mean!
    -A Emperor Palpy Cloak to loan.

It will take place at the Alpha Bar in San Francisco, located on Geary Blvd. & 3rd Ave.

More details to come.

2. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I think I may have a Han in carbonite to donate.

3. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
    Since it's a bar, are people under 21 allowed in?

4. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    This does sound like a fair bit of fun! I can't say yet whether I'll be able to make it or not, but I'd sure like to try. Not only does a SW themed party sound great, but it would be nice to see everyone again after meeting some of you at the Boardwalk. I'm not very familiar with SF, though. What is this area like? And is there reasonable parking?

5. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    This sounds like a blast but I don't have a costume yet so I can't confirm my attendance. Will advise at a later date :confused:

6. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Guess you couldn't wait for me to move the thread eh Matt? lol

The guys running it are kinda adamant concerning SW costumes. However, other costuming options outside of SW are being discussed and maybe allow but from what I understand is that SW is most prefered. When I hear more details I will be passing those on. Since there will be alcohal in the bar (kinda a weird thing to say since it wouldn't be much of a bar without alcohal!) this particullar event will be 21 and over, sorry kids...

7. StarSmuggler

StarSmuggler Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 26, 2004
  8. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    If we can get an R2, this would be cool to get:

http://cgi.ebay.com/PROP-R2-D2-STAR-WARS-DROID-ACCESSORY-SERVING-TRAY_W0QQitemZ7545212445QQcategoryZ790QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

9. SiaLanWezz

SiaLanWezz Jedi Knight star 2

May 8, 2004
    I have several tunics and robes for sale in various beige and brown colors from sizes XS to XL if anyone is interested.Have couple of the white hooded princess Lea dresses. Also have kids tunics and robes, sizes 7 to 14.

10. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    I was talking to Mary Franklin about this at a flea market today, and she's totally down for this, since she's moving from Petaluma to SF to be closer to work at Lucasfilm. BTW, Eva bought most of the SW stuff she was selling today. I even got to sell some of her stuff while she went on a bathroom break. I also told her about the Virgin event, too! :)

11. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Yeah, Eva told me you were going to the Flea Market today and I would have totally been down for that if I hadn't been in GG Park instead. Sounds like I've been missing out on some good SW merch!

- kay dee

12. skye_solo

skye_solo Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 6, 2004
    What's this about? Mary Franklin sells SW stuff at an SF flea market? I wanna try and go sometime. Even if just to see other stuff there as well. I've never been to a flea market. I'm so sheltered. Do you guys go on Sundays?

13. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Mary will be there next week as well, but selling more of her non-SW stuff. The flea market was pretty crowded, and had a little bit of everything. Chanel used to buy SW figures there that weren't in stores anymore. It's on the other side of the freeway by Robert's house.

14. Harlock415

Harlock415 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 21, 2003
    Oh you were at the Alemany Flea Market? I thought you were at the Alameda Flea Market.

15. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    Do we need to RSVP? I am really looking forward to this.

16. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    No RSVP, I'll check in with the organizers this week hopefully and get some updates and such. :)

17. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    I would definitely be interested in coming! Count me in as a solid possibility, as long as work doesn't stick me with a back-up shift!

- Kai

18. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Good news and Bad news for Halloween weekend. It turns out our friends decided to continue with the annual Halloween party tradition, and it will be held on Sat the 29th. I wish I could be in two places at once, but I'll be at our friends party instead :) :( After all, if it weren't for them I never would have started making costumes in the first place!

- Kay Dee

19. skye_solo

Oct 6, 2004
    I for one will miss your costume Kathy, but I hope you have fun at your party. It sounds like you will!

20. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    I'm working on my Padme costume [face_dancing] so I am definitely going! Can't wait!

21. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    Since the guy who was organizing this flaked on a meeting with me, I'm taking the intitiative and organizing this! I'll be talking with the Alpha Bar directly, and hopefully have more info by the end of the week. Stay tuned!

22. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    I'll be going for sure. I'll be coming from sacramento that night so if anyone needs a ride there let me know.

23. JedHead1

Feb 20, 1999
    So far, the basic info is the same, but the party is also a night to raise funds for Hurricane Katrina Relief. There will be SW-themed drinks, a DJ spinning SW-themed music, as well as the movies playing on the plasma screens.

Admission is $10, and doors open at 7 pm. (21+ only, please)

The address is:

Alpha Bar & Lounge
    3848 Geary Blvd (between 2nd & 3rd Ave.)
    San Francisco, CA 94118
    district: Richmond (Inner)
    phone: 415-831-8838

For more info, check the website at:

http://www.alphabarsf.com

Costumes are highly encouraged, as there will be a costume contest, but not required.

24. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    Awesome. Thanks for the updates! I'm definitely planning to be there! How could I resist?

- Kai

25. Master--Kenobi

Master--Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 8, 2003
    Oh man, I wanna go sooooo bad. But, the 29th is really really iffy right now. My University Class is scheduled on Fri and Sat ( I really really REALLY hate weekend classes)(28 and 29). Since I have to go on Fri from 5 until 9 and Sat from 8 until 3:00 (we got out at 4:30 instead last time)...it is really iffy if I'm gonna make it. (also, Jos has to work that day to.). <goes and sulks?>

Ok, you guys go have a good time. SOMEONE keep The Chosen One outta trouble and watch over Skywalker for me! (Geesh..got stuck watching over BOTH Father and Son...no reward is worth this LOL)..

Anyways Force Be With You and everyone have a great time.. (And when Classes are over..watch out cause this Master is gonna Par-Tay!) [face_laugh]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.