main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

San Fran, CA Jabba's Palace Costume Party - Oct. 29, 2005

Discussion in 'Pacific Regional Discussion' started by JedHead1, Sep 5, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kai_Vandekar

Kai_Vandekar Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 9, 2005
    MATURE setting? Um...?

Yes, I get what you mean, but on the face of it, it's a pretty funny statement! Great party! I wish I were not a wimp, as I headed out just when things really got cranking (about 1:20 or so), but I guess that means I didn't leave too too long before the end. It really was fantastic to see so many people there, some I knew, some I didn't, some I knew by reputation (that reputation being unfailingly good, of course!). I hope we can keep events and gatherings going now that the movies are over. Remember--there are TV shows in the offing! ;)

I have a few photos to post, if people want, but it'll have to wait until tomorrow, as my computer is behaving somewhat erratically right now. Not sure how they came out--I have this self-defeating impulse to turn the flash off and try to capture all the pretty sabers, which often ends up with...pretty sabers, and a "big dark blur" that might be...Jedi...maybe?

Speaking of photos...what is the picture-posting etiquette on these boards? Thumbnails? Links?

Observation: In spite of how well our resident "just back from Mustafar" Kenobi danced, I found it somewhat difficult to dance well in Jedi robes. Tell us your secret, Obi-Wan! I was too hot, and not in a sexy way (hard to be sexy in multiple layers of concealing clothing--of course for me these days, it's even harder to be sexy if my clothing reveals too much! LOL!) Who was that Kenobi, anyway...is he on the FanForce boards? I'm such a newbie still, I don't recognize a lot of people. And who knew that Luke could bust a move like that? Not to mention TWO Lukes. ;)

Anyway, I'm just rambling because I'm still basically asleep! Thank goodness for being off daylight savings! And thanks to everybody who made the party so much fun! Hooray for you all, AND for the club! YAY! *does Kermit the Frog arm flail and staggers away from the keyboard*

- Kai

2. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Had a great time, and, like Ming, I hope we can do more "mature" events in costume (or not). Nothing against our under 21 members, mind you. As for pictures, you can post either thumbnails or links. That Obi-Wan, BTW, is Charles, aka "sithlordblack" on these boards.

3. Taeriel

Taeriel Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 9, 2003
    I had such a good time! That was one awesome party. The SFFF certainly knows how to have a good time! :D I for one would love to attend more events like that.

(I just wish we could have gotten video of the two Lukes dancing and singing with the lightsaber hilt "microphones". That was priceless! )

4. Jedi_Tenken

Jedi_Tenken Jedi Master star 4

Aug 11, 2000
    Either I said "mature" or "adult"... it would have a lose/lose... well I guess funny/funny statement regardless. The bar itself is not always as poppin as it was but when it gets toned down like that I actually like it better. When it's poppin though it's pretty sick too.

5. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    Yeah, it was a great time. Who knew we had so many talented dancers in the group. I agree that costumes are not always the best thing to dance in. We will have to go out sometime in our regular clothes. All the 80s music brought back some fond memories. It was nice to get that extra hour of sleep, although I still had to come home from the Alan Lee talk and take a nap. Thanks for driving Matt.

6. Vermilion1

Vermilion1 Jedi Youngling

Sep 27, 2005
    Hey all!

IT was fun hanging around in the general vicinity on everyone! I'm down to do it again when it happens!

7. LeiaAsylum

LeiaAsylum Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 9, 2003
    Sounds like it was fun ... I hope to see some pics online! :)

8. sithlordblack

sithlordblack Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 27, 2003
    thanks for the compliment on dancing. i had a great time. The people at the club were great. Especially the staff. As for me being able to dance in costume, I guess it just had to be pinned wel. I'll be posting my pics soon also.

9. film_fatale

film_fatale Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 15, 2002
    So check it out. You all have been vlogged. Starting with the "Call to Adventure"

http://www.creativelyimpulsive.com/23/Vlog23.mov

And then the "Adventure"

http://www.creativelyimpulsive.com/25/Vlog25.mov

Or you all can just go to

http://www.creativelyimpulsive.com/

to check out the whole kaboodle.

10. JedHead1

JedHead1 Jedi Master star 5

Feb 20, 1999
    Des, I'm still trying to figure out what your costume was. ;)

11. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks for the edification on the pics and the person! ;) I'm downsizing the pics now and will post links of some sort shortly. If anybody wants a picture at full size, just PM me. They're not all that great--my camera doesn't do well in low light, but they're ok. :)

And..."Hi Charles, aka 'sithlordblack'"...I've seen you post, of course, but didn't have a face to put to the screen name.

- Kai

Edited to Add: Ok, here are my pictures from the event. Like I said, not the best, but there are some good shots. If you click on the link, it should take you to a thumbnails page. Click on a thumbnail to see the pic, and click on the pic to see the full-rez version. I've sized them down to about 800 pixels wide (or high), so if anybody wants full size for some reason, just PM me.

http://pics.livejournal.com/scendan/gallery/0000y8pc

Edited Again to Add: OMG! Love the videos! That's hilarious. And thank god, I have not been captured on video doing the "white girl Jedi shuffle." I am profoundly grateful. :)

12. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Personally, I think you were just so relieved to be off Mustafar, you were a dancin' fool. :) Seriously, I loved your costume and really was impressed by your ability to dance with the robes and all.

And yes, the twin Lukes with the saber-mics was...too darned funny. Just loved it.

Kai, Still All Happy From the Party...

13. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Hey if anyone sees a TIE Defender at Mary Franklin's flea market or ANY toy show, give me a call and let me know how much.

14. kay_dee

kay_dee Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 15, 2002
    Thanks for sharing the video and pics. Sorry I missed out on this party, I couldn't be in two places at once. It looks like it was a lot of fun!

- Kay Dee

15. Ms_Skywalker

Ms_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Jun 17, 2005
    This was fun guys. I've never seen so many people in SW costumes! That Vader helmet was off-the-hook! I was happy to see (almost ) everyone there.

16. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    *nudges the fanforce*

Any more pics? Mine are lame, I'm hoping someone else took better ones. ;)

- Kai, being nudgy

17. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    I got pics... Ummm will post them when I have time... I saw your pics Kai, I like the shots with the flash off because it enhanced the saber glows.

18. jawbreaker666

jawbreaker666 Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 13, 2005
    After watching des's video, which rules!!!!, all i got to say is:

Going to the Alpha Bar on Saturday night with SFFF.......$10

Watching Dale hit on the slutty Princess Leia................Priceless!!

Dale, it's mark, typing from my hotel in L.A..... you rule.

See you guys on the 12th!!!!

19. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    Thanks! I liked the glows, too, but it actually took a bit of photoshopping to allow anybody to see anything else! LOL! That's the problem, when it's dark enough to see the sabers, it's almost too dark for anything else.

It was great actually meeting you in person at the party. :)

- Carolyn

20. Tatooinepadme

Tatooinepadme Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 27, 2005
    By the way Ming, those are really my pictures, since you didn't want to carry the camera. lol Give me a copy of them when you get the chance.

21. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
  22. Jedi_Tenken

Aug 11, 2000
    Yeah they are pics taken by you, I noted that for most of them that were angles I would never go for and there was one shot that would have been awesome had SithLordBlack had not been right in the way. :p True I didn't want to carry the camera but a drink in one hand, a saber in the other... Kinda makes it hard. ;) I'll make you a copy.

Heh... that liquid courage goes a long way! [face_laugh]

23. Kai_Vandekar

Feb 9, 2005
    OMG! I look like I'm having an *ahem* intimate sort of moment there, on that last picture.

*crawls away and hides*

- Kai, bright red

24. AnasianSkywalker

AnasianSkywalker Jedi Knight star 3

Sep 2, 2003
    You're right Kai, this image could easily be titled "Feeeeeel the F---!" or "Control! You must use Control!" [face_dancing] [face_batting] LOL!

Kai&Luke

25. TionneHawk

TionneHawk Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2002
    Alright, were you two singing "My heart will go on" again? Cuz that's just disturbing.
    ;)
    Looks like you all had a great time!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.