main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

MN Jabba's Palace Survivor -- Round 1!!!

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Salacious_Crummy, May 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Salacious_Crummy

Salacious_Crummy Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 2, 2000
    Welcome past participants and new players alike. I will briefly go over the rules and then leave everyone to their voting.

Here's the deal. There are a total of 26 characters when the game begins. These 26 characters are separated into two groups of 13 each, Group A and Group B. Every round a character from Group A AND a character from Group B will be voted off (eliminated) from each group. When both groups get down to 4 characters each, the two groups will be combined. In the end, only one character will survive the rounds of elimination. The person who picked this character will win the prizes. There may be one or two characters on the lists that no one picked, and if that character ends up winning, the prizes go to the person who picked the character that lasted the longest.

Rounds of elimination will last approximately 5-7 days (you will be told when each round ends). You have until the round ends to get me your votes. If I don't have your votes by then, I'll start the new round without them. There's an obvious disadvantage if you don't vote--the one person you could count on not to vote against your character essentially abstained and it makes it that much more likely you could be voted off. I will remind you though if there's only a few days until the round ends and I still haven't heard from you.

The character with the most votes against them from each group at the end of the round will be eliminated. If there's a tie in a category, I'll devise some way of breaking it or I might just remove both characters to speed things up a little.

Why you vote against characters if up to you. Do you not like the character? Do you think the character is too much competition and will hurt your chance at getting the prizes? Whatever...

I am not in competition for the prizes, but I do have the ability to vote. Even after your character gets eliminated you still have the right to keep voting, be it for vengeance or to see another favorite character win.

I've made this sound much more complicated than it is. I just wanted to try to answer any new players questions and tell people how my Survivor might vary from SW Survivor's other people have run.

Good Luck! I'll post the specific information on Round 1 in just a minute.

2. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    All votes for Round 1 must be received by Monday, May 7. Please vote for two characters to be eliminated, one from Group A and one from Group B.

Group A: Arica, Bib Fortuna, Boba Fett, Ephant Mon, EV-9D9, the Gammorrean Guard, Max Rebo, Pote Snitkin, Rystall, Saelt-Marae (Yak Face), Salacious Crumb, the Sarlacc, and Yarna D'al Gargan.

Group B: 8D8, the B'omarr Monk, Boushh, Bubo, Dengar, Droopy McCool, Jabba, Malakili, Oola, the Rancor, Ree-Yees, Sy Snootles, and Tessek.

E-mail, private message, or ICQ me your votes. Thanks.

3. Bria

Bria Manager Emeritus, -MNFF Council star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 15, 1999
    Oh! The fun begins! I'll be emailing Crummy today! :D

~*~Bria

4. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    I don't know why, but I have the overwhelming desire to get this thread back above someone else's well timed competing announcement. Move along.

5. jedigal

jedigal Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2000
    Now you boys try to get along!

Sal- NO ONE can compete with you! Just you don't bother about that Jeff person.

6. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    :D Thank you Steph. But there's nothing wrong with a little friendly rivalry is there?

7. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Especially since every member on my island could destroy your pitiful palace. :)

8. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Hah! Those imperial officers couldn't win against Fett, Arica, Boushh, shall I go on?
    Plus, I'd love to see Salacious Crumb tearing apart one of those little mouse droids. :)

9. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Plus, any of my characters could shoot a blaster better and with more accuracy than a stormtrooper. And that includes Salacious.

10. JediJeff13

JediJeff13 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 27, 2000
    Just wait until the names are posted. Except for Fett - you are outnumbered, outbrained and outmuscled.

11. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    All but Vader, Kannos, Palpy, Thrawn, Fel, and Daala would get beaten to a pulp by my group. :)

12. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Hey people. Voting closes by the end of the day Monday (possibly no early Tuesday morning stuff accepted depending upon my sleeping schedule).

I still need votes from Empyre, Jedimama, Josh Griffin, and Queen Karendala please. Thank you all. :)

13. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Joshua Griffin and Queen Karendala, the clock is ticking away. I need your votes by midnight tonight (CST-also known as Minneapolis time).

14. Bria

May 15, 1999
    Ah! I was wondering about this! :)

~*~Bria

15. Salacious_Crummy

Dec 2, 2000
    Yes, I will be posting Round 2 shortly after midnight.

16. Bria

May 15, 1999
    And I'll be here, bright and early tomorrow morning. :D

~*~Bria

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.