main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacella Support Group! ~Index/Discussion~ Updated 12/3! **Holiday Challenge up and ready to roll!**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by DreamingIce, Mar 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DreamingIce

DreamingIce Jedi Knight star 3

Aug 8, 2005
    The Jacella Support Group
    An Index and Discussion thread for Jacella (Jacen Solo/Jysella Horn)

Jaina isn?t the only one who has a thing for dark hair and green eyes...

[color=darkgreen] PLEASE NOTE: This is in no way meant to offend any of the J/TK?ers, or any other shippers. In fact, many of us ship one or both of these characters with other people.

First things first: Welcome everyone! [face_hugs]

If you?re already acquainted with this little ship, you already know what I?m talking about. :D
    If you don?t know what I?m going on about, listen up and I shall explain.

Jacen/Jysella is the brainchild of [b]EmilieDarklighter[/b] ([b]Emmi[/b]) and [b]padawan lunetta[/b] ([b]Luney[/b]) who first paired these together. (But it was Luney and [b]Myri[/b] bantered it around the most ;)) I think this had to do with the belief that while these two are almost polar opposites (according to the main Jysella characterisation in Luney?s stories at least) they can balance each other out.

And as Inara said one time, ?You simply cannot go wrong with someone related to Booster Terrik.?

Also, the opportunities for the reactions of family on both sides is wide and inviting... [face_mischief]

Yes, there is the detail regarding the age gap between them...
    According to [b]Lazykby_left?s[/b] age thread:
    [b]9 ABY:[/b]
    Jacen Solo is born to Han and Leia Solo
    ([i]The Last Command[/i])

[b]23 ABY:[/b]
    Jysella Horn is born to Corran and Mirax Horn
    (based on comments made by Michael A. Stackpole in regards to [i]Onslaught[/i])
    That?s 14 years. (just in case you?re like me and don?t want to be bothered figuring it out in your head. ;)) But this can be overcome! It can! ...Or, if you really, really want, you could try to muck around with Jysella?s age.

[b]The Characters:[/b]
    [u]Jacen Solo:[/u]
    Do I really need to say much more? Fine, I?ll just add some basic stats in:
    Birth Year: 9 ABY
    Parents: Han and Leia Solo
    Siblings: Jaina (elder twin sister), Anakin (younger brother by 18 months)
    Other Family: Luke Skywalker (uncle), Mara Skywalker (aunt), Ben Skywalker (male cousin)
    Hair/Eye Color: Brown/Brown

[u]Jysella Horn:[/u]
    Little Jysella Horn is much more of a mystery. For the time being, she has only been mentioned in profic a couple of times. Luney (and almost every Jys writer since) has portrayed her as a strong, vibrant character who generally knows exactly what she wants, and she?s not afraid to get it.
    Jysella?s stats:
    Birth Year: 23 ABY
    Parents: Corran and Mirax Horn
    Siblings: Valin (elder brother by 9 years)
    Other Family: Booster Terrik (maternal grandfather)
    Hair/Eye Color: Black or Dark Brown/Green[/color]

[hr]

[color=navy][b]TO SUBMIT YOUR STORY TO THE INDEX!
    Please PM the following information to DreamingIce
    Title:[/b] A link to your story and the title. Please, no hyperlinks, just copy and paste the html address.
    [b]Author(s):[/b] Your name and the names of any co-authors and links to your userprofiles (same deal with hyperlinking as above)
    [b]Genre:[/b] I think you know what this is.
    [b]Ships:[/b] Jacella and any other ships you wish to include
    [b]Timeframe:[/b] Where have you put in the SW timeline?
    [b]Characters:[/b] Who?s in it? (just the main ones, please)
    [b]Summary:[/b] A brief plot synopsis. Give us a hint about what your writing!
    [b]Notes:[/b] Thankyous to betas, those who gave you the idea, and what length your story is go here (and song if it?s a songfic).
    [/color]

2. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Authors A ? F:

Alishu06

Title: To Love Your Master
    Genre: Mush, Humor, etc
    Ships: Jacella
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker and others
    Summary: Jysella is Jacen's padawan that is all for now
    Notes: Hey so this is my first attempt in the Beyond, I will be posting weekly as of right now, seeing as this is all I have written and I have it betaed before I post it. I hope you like it! And thank you NYCityGurl for betaing this!

Title: My Master's Baby
    Genre:
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo, Luke Skywalker and others
    Summary: Sequel to "To Love Your Master"
    Notes:

Response to the Father's Day Challenge
    Title: A Father's Daughter
    Genre: Mush, Humor, etc
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Jacen, Jysella, Han, Mirax and Corran
    Summary:
    Notes: This is a father's day Challenge. Thanks go to NYCitygurl for yet again betaing this for me!

BottledUpInside

Summer Challenge Response
    Title: Nerf Stew
    Genre: Romance, humour
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Jacen, Jysella,
    Summary:
    Notes:

Title: When Love is Blind
    Genre: Romance, drama
    Timeframe: no clue
    Characters: Jacen, Jysella, Solo and Skywalker familes
    Summary: When sent as a healer team to Tatooine, Jacen falls victim to the parasite infecting the village. Will the after effects of this disease be too much to handle, or will the help of his apprentice allow him to see more than he ever had before?
    Notes: Big big thanks to NYCityGurl, my master and beta. The idea for this story came from an episode of House. (Best show ever) This story is not a focus on the actual illness, but the recovery.

DreamingIce

Title: Watching
    Genre: Romance
    Ships: Jacella, vague A/T, Myri/OC
    Timeframe: Post-NJO AU (39 ABY) *waves hand* NJO and DN never happened.
    Characters: Jysella Horn; Jacen Solo; Myri Antilles; Horn Family; Solo/Skywalker family
    Summary: Jysella silently watches the man she?s had a crush on for years.
    Notes: I would like to say this is all Luney and Myri?s fault. This will be a VERY short story, with only this post and then one more after that.

Summer Challenge Response
    Title: Just Talking...
    Genre: Romance/Humour
    Timeframe: Post-NJO AU
    Characters: Valin Horn, Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo
    Summary: ?If you were just talking in there, then why is your top all messed up? Come on, who were you ?talking? to?? Valin corners Jysella after she leaves the practice rooms.
    Notes: I have to thank all the lovely (and stubborn :D) people on the Jacella thread. You made me feel guilty about not writing more of my own Jacella. I love you all (and your stories) This is a very belated response to the Summer Jacella challenge.

EmilieDarkligher

[co

3. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Authors G ? M:

Inara

Title: Surrender
    Timeframe: Post SwW
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo
    Summary: Surrender is inevitable.
    Author Note: This is dedicated to Luney and Misha, the two lovely ladies responsible for my first foray into Jacellaland.

Jaya Solo

Title: Green Eyes Aren't So Bad NEW 8/13!
    Timeframe: Right after the last story ends
    Genre: Comedy
    Ships: Jacella, Wes/Jaina
    Characters: Wes Janson, Jaina Solo-Janson, Aidan Janson, Kaiya Janson, Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo, Solos, Horns, etc?
    Summary: Yet? another relationship that involves green eyes! It must run in the family.
    Author Note: THIS IS ALL LUNEY?S FAULT!

This is the 4th story in the ?Unexpected? Series (commonly called ?Green Eyes?). Is This Because He Doesn?t Have Green Eyes?, What if He Has Green Eyes?, and This Has Nothing To Do With Green Eyes are the stories before it.

Kidan

Title: The Final Kiss
    Genre: Vignette
    Timeframe: Post DN3
    Characters: Jacen/Jysella
    Summary: Jacen thinks back on some highlights of their relationship
    Notes: Done for the First Sentence Challenge.

Title: The Last To Know Response to Father's Day Challenge
    Genre:
    Timeframe:
    Characters: Jacen/Jysella Corran
    Summary: Corran discovers Jacella
    Notes:

mastermeg_0228

Title: The Joke is on You
    Genre: romance, humor, vig
    Timeframe: several years after DN
    Characters: Jacen, Jysella, Wes, Janson, Corran, Booster
    Summary: Wes jokes with Jacen, and it results in surprising circumstances
    Notes:This was written for April Fool?s even though I?m a day late. And I imagine Jys to be around twenty which makes Jacen thirty-five. Give or take a few years.

Myri_Antilles

Title: Misunderstanding
    Genre:
    Timeframe: Post-NJO
    Characters: Jysella Horn; Jacen Solo; Luke Skywalker; Corran/Mirax Horn
    Summary:
    Notes: Many thanks to my betas (padawan lunetta and Jaya Solo) and all blame for this to Luney! :p
    Also, thanks to Luney for the name.

Title: Miscommunication
    Genre:
    Timeframe: Post-NJO, one week after Miscommunication
    Characters: Jysella, Jacen, Valin and a few other family members
    Summary:
    Notes: This is the sequel to Misunderstanding, so I recommend reading that first.

4. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Authors N ? S:

padawan lunetta

Title: The Trouble with Green Eyes
    Genre:
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo,
    Summary:
    Notes: This is the result of Emilie Darklighter and I deciding to 'ship Jacen and Jysella, (they're simply meant to be) and all the people in the 'ships thread who wanted to see it. Also, this is dedicated to Sache, who thought they would end up together in I, the Jedi's Daughter.

Title: Will She Step On His Feet To Dance?
    Genre:
    Characters: Corran Horn, Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo
    Summary: Corran sits and considers Jacen and Jysella
    Notes: Vignette...because The Trouble with Green Eyes readers wanted his point of view. ;) I wrote this because I decided Corran needs a say about these two. ;) And no recognizable characters are mine.

5. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Authors T ? Z:

6. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    FIRST TOPIC ? DO THE SURVEY!
    Question 1: What is the number one reason you like this ship?

Question 2: How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?)

Question 3: If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them?

Question 4: Does the age difference freak you out any?

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella?Be honest now! )

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Jacella more/just as much as the other ships?

Question 7: Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN?

Question 8: If so, why, how?

7. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    MISHA!!!

So much love to you for starting this thread!!! I'll be back later with answers to the survey, as well as a Jacella 'fic (I'm working on it right now!), but I just wanted to say thanks for getting this under way!!

8. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    I'm SO excited! I'm so excited I might even write one!

I'll follow Inara's example and be back later, too ;). But this is SO awesome! [:D]

9. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    YAY!!! It's official!!! Thanks Misha! MUahahhahaha I mean..excellent. ;)

Question 1: What is the number one reason you like this ship? I love to see Jysella unsteadying him a bit, him taming her just a little...and he brings out the Mirax in her. ;)

Question 2: How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?) I helped invent it. ;)

Question 3: If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them? Heck yes I would!

Question 4: Does the age difference freak you out any? Well when I first decided to write it I didn't know HOW big it was...but no...I'd date a 36 year old. :)

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella?Be honest now! ) I ship Jacella first...and then Kypella and Benella. And for those who have read I, the Jedi's Daughter...Randella. ;)

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Jacella more/just as much as the other ships? They're meant to be. ;)

Question 7: Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN? I haven't um read post DN...but I know Inara's Jacella fic is after that...and I KNOW she can convince me.

Question 8: If so, why, how? Because she's awesome, and they're meant to be. ;)

And although Emmi and I decided to make it widespread...I'd point out the first Jacella came from Myri and Me, in one Force Awful mush fic of an April Fools joke. ;) Though I wonder if that was partially what inspired it, Emmi?

For your reading horror:

Long Walks Off Short Cliffs

A long time ago, in a galaxy far, far away, Jysella Horn was born five years earlier...

A soft sigh escaped the woman?s lips as she sat in the deserted garden. Exotic flowers trailed their way up and around the arch framing her. Their scent permeated the air, giving her a heady feeling.

A man slowly walked towards her, as if in a trance. He was awed by her beauty, her loveliness like the morning sunrise.

He knelt before her, drinking in her splendor and charm.

She softly rested a hand on his head, then caressed his cheek. "My darling, I have missed you."

Jacen smiled, moving his head to drop a kiss on her wrist. "It has been but an hour."

"An hour can pass slower than an eternity without you to share it with," Jsyella said softly, leaning down and placing a feathery light kiss on his lips. "With you, time flies, for there can never be enough of it."

Snaking his arms around her waist, Jacen pulled her close to him, and pressed his lips to hers, deepening it with every synchronized beat of their hearts. He moved his hands into her silky tresses, and pulled away, sucking tenderly on her bottom lip. "Marry me."

Jysella laughed, the sweet chiming bells of angels. "We've only been on three dates."

Jacen took her hand, gently tracing the elegant pattern on her petal soft palm. "What is a day on eternity's grand slope? Why wait a moment longer for what we both know is right?" He caressed the gentle curve of her neck. "I cannot survive without you."

She shook her head, tracing smooth circles through his unruly hair. "You have your entire life, my dearest one."

"Survived, my love," he said gruffly, "but not lived."

She laughed lightly, and he gently picked her up.

Letting out a squeal of delight, she leaned back and let her hair tumble free in the soft breeze. "What are you doing, Darling?"

"Stealing away with you," he whispered, gazing into her luminous eyes.

Jysella locked her eyes on his. "You've already stolen my heart."

Holding her gaze, Jacen said, "And now I shall steal thy whole self."

"And I you," Jysella said, snuggling up against his chest. "Let's marry, now."

"I've already sent for Wedge Antilles," Jacen said softly, nibbling on her lobe. "He sends his blessing."

"T

10. TheCrazyRodian

TheCrazyRodian Jedi Master star 4

Mar 3, 2004
    Jace and Jys... so hot right now.

11. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    So when are you going to write one, Rodian? ;)

12. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004
    I have a few ideas floating around in my head for one, but none of them have solidified yet. As soon as I get some more specific inspiration (a line or two of dialogue, maybe a description or two or three), I'm all over it. Assuming my Kyp/Jysella muse doesn't bug me first.

13. Valie

Valie Jedi Youngling star 3

Apr 4, 2005
    Love this thread. Long overdue in my opinion.

Question 1: What is the number one reason you like this ship? I like the age gap and how it seems to make Jacen feel like a kid again. Not to mention they're just so darn cute together. ^_^

Question 2: How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?) One of your fics.

Question 3: If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them? I don't write too much fanfic (not that good at it IMO) My bent seems to be towards drawing.

Question 4: Does the age difference freak you out any? Not at all! As I said before, I think it works for them. She gives him his innocence back and he can give her valuable experience.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella?Be honest now! ) J/TK, Jacen/Kyp, Marakin (evil grin), and particularly like Jacen with an OC.

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Jacella more/just as much as the other ships? I like them just as much because I love variety. Especially in writing and art.

Question 7: Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN? I think it's entirely possible. In fact the way things are going right now, I'd say it's an emergency!

Question 8: If so, why, how? My problem with the NJO/DN is that they seem to feel that they have to keep these people together. That's not how it is in real life. People grow up and meet different people. It would be cool to inject some freshness in the mix. They could start with using Jysella more, period. :mad:

Also would like to commend you on how you introduced this thread. I don't believe people that like other 'ships' would have been offended by it, but it was nice to put that in there. [:D]

14. Inara

Inara Jedi Master star 4

Aug 30, 2005
    As promised, I have returned with survery answers AND a 'fic....

Here's the 'fic details for the archive, Misha:

Title: Surrender
    Timeframe: Post SwW
    Genre: Drama, Romance
    Characters: Jysella Horn, Jacen Solo
    Summary: Surrender is inevitable.
    Author Note: This is dedicated to Luney and Misha, the two lovely ladies responsible for my first foray into Jacellaland.

And survey answers....

I don't consider myself a 'shipper, but I enjoy unique pairings that have great potential - and I think that Jacella is one of them. These days, Jacen is a character shrouded in a lot of darkness and shadows, and Jacella is a way for us readers to go back to the days when he used to be a happy, corny guy. And, if someone is going the canon route (like me), I think that it's a great combination of worldliness and inexperience.

Question 2: How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?)

I actually read Luney's Jacella when I first came to the boards, and I remembered I liked it, but I didn't think about it too seriously until reading Misha's 'fic a month ago.

I am such a challenge...hoe.

No. Age doesn't seem to be as big of an issue in the SW galaxy as it is in our's. Many couples have an age gap that is seven years or bigger. And speaking personally, I wouldn't mind such a age gap either. I guess it really depends on how mature the people involved are, and if the circumstances in their life allow for such a match to take place.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella?Be honest now!)

I love all sorts of pairings - in fact, I read all of the ones that just listed! :p As for having a preference...I won't lie - I like J/TK, but in the realm of the post Dark Nest world, J/TK is no longer as comfortable for me as it once was. I love Kypella and Jahiri from Pregnant Padme's Fear and Love, and I loved Rodi's Janen (though I know he meant it as tongue-in-cheek).

But, being honest - as much as I like Danni, she totally fizzed out at the end of NJO, and she seems to weak and vulnerable for Jacen, who I think needs a stronger female (it's also why I don't like Tahiri for him much - in profic, she seems to be a mess). And with TK - well, it's awkward now between them. They might love each other, but how trustful can that love be when they also use each other?

Question 6: If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Jacella more/just as much as the other ships?

Jacella is fun - most 'ships aren't these days. :(

Question 7: Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN?

Well, from most Jysella 'fics I've seen, it seems to be an AU pairing, and it works better as an AU pairing because Jacen isn't so scary as he is in canon. But...I'm a canon freak, so I'm trying to see if it can work in my own 'fic. *shrugs* We'll see though...

I see Jysella as a young, inexperienced, and probably a very blunt person (though I freely admit this is Luney's characterization, not mine). She says what she means, no sugar coating. Which is a good thing because the last thing either one of the Solo twins need is sugar-coated love. She'll want to nurture him at first, and then, within ten minutes of his self-pity bouts, she'll slap him around. She also young, and there is something about youth that catches a man's eyes. Jacen has the oppotunity to start on a clean slate with Jysella, and he won't be burdened by having a shared history with her. There won't

15. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Ahh!!!! So spiffy!!!

Not sure, maybe good writing.

I found Luney's fic first, and read all the ones I've come across since then.

Yes, if I have time.

Nah. My parents are 13 years apart.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella?Be honest now! )

I don't really actively 'ship Jacen with anyone since I don't write him much, but I've had him with Tenel Ka and Danni. I also like him with Anni Capstan (Jaina's wingmate in Rogue Squadron, was killed at Ithor). I haven't ever written Jysella . . . at all :(

Not sure. Maybe because it's sometimes presented in AUs that don't make Jacen as bad as profic Jacen.

Sorry, I think it's amazing but just for AU.

16. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Because it's a Jacen 'ship that isn't done to death. No offense to popular pairings - I like many of them! But it's wonderful to see something fresh.

Saw a couple of fanfics here.

Maybe. I'm already doing an offsite challenge and any Jacella stories automatically count towards that. And I haven't written this yet, so it's on my to-do list.

Not at all. I've written far larger gaps than 14 years.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they?
    Benella and Jacen/Anybody (particularly Tenel Ka and Mara)

I don't discriminate. Well, okay, I do, but this is one that has a lot more potential than most because Jysella's character is pretty open-ended. And because it's still canonically possible.

Question 7: Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN? Absolutely possible. Likely... maybe, maybe not. I think it's more probable that Jysella would be with Ben in profic than that she would be with Jacen. Still, if Jacen does get with anyone other than Tenel Ka in LotF, Jysella has a chance of being the one.

Question 8: If so, why, how? Trying to put Jacen with a new character (as Salvatore hinted in Vector Prime and Stackpole continued with) went over like a lead balloon full of BBs. So I think Tahiri or Wynssa would be logical choices for writers to go to, with Jysella as another possibility. And since her personality isn't quite set in canon yet, or many details about her other than her family, she could be written in a way that would minimize personality clashes or outlook conflicts.

Edited for clarity... eek!

17. Alishu06

Alishu06 Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 29, 2005
    I love this!!!! I love to read about them and I just might write about the cute couple.

FIRST TOPIC ? DO THE SURVEY!

They were made for each other! ;)

I think it was Misca(sp/) I don't remember

Heck yeah!

Nope ;)

In my other ff Jacen and Tenal Ka are together, but the staories aren't about them ;)

? idk

It could exist any where!!!!!

Much love? ;) hehehehe again idk

18. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Wow! Considering I only started this yesterday, I'm amazed by the response! (And I've added your story to the Index, Inara ;))

I'd better do the servey myself, hey?

[b]Question 1:[/b] What is the number one reason you like this ship?

They were made for each other! :D And the innocence of it compared to some ships.

[b]Question 2:[/b] How did the ship gain your attention? (ie: who was it that introduced it to you?)

*points and Luney and Myri* I read Luney's Jysella fics (that were non-Jacella) and then I read both Myri and Luney's Jacella fics. I was doomed. ;)

[b]Question 3:[/b] If there were challenges from this thread, would you do them?

Well, I'd be making some of them... (the rest of you can come up with them as well, if you want) So, Yes!

[b]Question 4:[/b] Does the age difference freak you out any?
    Nah, I've written ships that 14 years apart before in a different fandom... and my parents are 8 years apart.

[b]Question 5:[/b] Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella? Be honest now!)

J/TK, Janen, Kypella, probably Benella too, but I haven't read it yet... Jacen/OC can be good, as can Jysella/OC *looks at Luney's Jysella story*

[b]Question 6:[/b] If you answered yes to Q5, why do like Jacella more/just as much as the other ships?

It's a fun ship! It's more lighthearted than many canon ships.

[b]Question 7:[/b] Do you think that this is a ship that can exist only in AU, or do you think that it is still possible post-DN?

Inara has proved it possible. :D I still haven't read the end of NJO, or DN (truth be told, I'm kinda afraid to read DN because of what I've heard about Jacen...) I think that it is viable post DN, but not likely to appear in profic. Stupid profic. I also don't think I could write it, cause scary!Jacen can freak me out. I like sticking to my AU's now (coming from a former canon freak [face_shock])

[b]Question 8:[/b] If so, why, how?

Because while Jacen and Jysella are two very different people, they can balance each other out. Especially since Jysella lacks the emotional baggage that say, TK has.

[hl=royalblue][color=yellow][b]~Misha[/b][/color][/hl]

19. TheCrazyRodian

Mar 3, 2004

Because Jysella (grown up) is super hot? Does that count?

Seriously, though, it can work, if you think about it. Jacen's character arc is pretty much isolating him from everyone, but Jysella happens to be full-blooded Corellian with stubbornness and persistence from both sides of the family. Ergo, she's tough enough to crack through Jacen's coldheartedness and teach him a thing or two about loving someone.

Er, I lurked on Misunderstanding for a very, very long time, and never said anything about it. It wasn't until getting fed up with Jacen in Dark Nest that I really started to ponder on this 'ship, though.

Possibly. At least as much as I'd do any challenges.

Are you joking? No way. We're not really talking about a twenty-five year old courting a thirteen year old. Eighteen to thirty is not entirely absurd, and the older you go from there the less unlikely it seems. Girls mature faster than boys anyway, and besides, Jacen matures slower than most others of his gender. They're equals, I tell you!

Absolutely. My personal favorite is Kypella, the brainchild of pregnantpadme. I mean, it works not just well, but really well. I've spent a lot of time pondering the possibilities of that one.

Other than the K/Jys 'ship, though, I'm somewhat partial to Jahiri romances. Actually, I take that back. I'm really partial to Jahiri, especially if it's handled well. Again, the more I've thought about it, the more I think it works well. Really, really well.

I am also known to 'ship Jacen and Nen Yim, and secretly love Jacen and Alema together as well. For Jysella, the only other option is 'shipping her with me, naturally.

Like I said earlier, it can work well if done right. We have basically zero Jysella characterization in profic, but we can still manage to write her believably with a bunch of educated guesswork and character sketching. She can do good things for Jacen.

The other thing I like so much about this is that it opens up opportunities to explore the relationship between hero-worship/admiration and genuine feelings, because we get the young apprentice woman and the larger-than-life man. There's a lot that can be done with this 'ship, and I like having the option to explore possibilities.

I think that almost anything can work in canon, if it's handled intelligently. At this point, Jacen seems to be heading for a lonely, unfulfilled life, but how many times in history has a man got to that point, only to be rescued by a woman he falls in love with? It's classic.

Er, I think I might have answered that. As far as specifics go, I'm not sure. I have a couple ideas I'm mulling over about post-DN Jacen stories. Maybe one of them will turn into a Jacella as I map it out.

20. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    come on people! I know you're out there...

*crickets chirp*

Sigh... Will a new dicussion topic tempt you out?

How do you think Jacella's family would react to a relationship between the two?

21. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    I loved Luney's interpretation of how Corran reacts... :) I'll try to say more, but I think that Han would be proud of Jacen, Leia might be a little worried, Corran would be ready to throttle the guy, and Mirax would probably be pretty accepting (well, maybe she'd want to throttle Jacen too. Depends on how he's acting at the moment.) Booster and Valin would want to throttle Jacen, Jaina might want to too. I can vaguely see her not caring too much who he ends up with as long as he's happy. The Fab Four, Corran's buddies, would want to throttle Jacen. (Well, Wes might encourage him... it is Wes after all.) I also see Luke and Mara being supportive. :D

22. SakuraTsukikage

SakuraTsukikage Jedi Master star 4

Oct 24, 2005
    Well, I haven't even done the survey yet :p, so I guess I'll do it now. And I'll come back and answer the new question later!

The number one reason . . . hmmm. [face_thinking] So hard to choose just one ;). I think I'd say it's because of how their personalities compliment and contrast one another, and what they could do for one another. Jacen is more quiet and contemplative, with a mischievous streak, an odd mix of ruthlessness and compassion, and I see Jysella as being very strong, very dynamic, and with her own ideas about how the world works. I think they'd both be good for each other, and yes, there is a certain innocence to this 'ship, partly because Jysella is a lot younger, that makes it just so sweet and plausible. [face_love]

It was Myri ;). And then I started thinking about it . . . and I couldn't get the possibilities out of my head :D.

Of course! Challenges are practically my favorite thing, and I'd love to do a Jysella one!

Not really. Age differences have to be pretty large for them to bother me.

Question 5: Do you ship/support other ships that include one of the characters in the ship? What are they? (example: Do you ship J/TK? J/D? Jahiri? Janen? Kypella? Benella? Be honest now!)

I don't really ship anything, but I'm very free-thinking when it comes to pairings. I'll admit to having a preference for J/TK, possibily Jahiri, Kypella, and Benella, however.

Because of the possibilities. Jysella is such an unexplored character, and she offers a way for Jacen to start over and recover some of his lost brightness and innocence. There are so many ways their relationship would go, and there's not really any preconceived notions to battle with. They could both be strong characters, and I just think it's a fun one to explore.

Not at all! In fact, I'd say that I think it's entirely possible post-DN!

Well, Jacen isn't irredeemable yet :p. I think Jysella might offer him a chance to pull out of his closed-off bubble and disturbing ways, and I think it would be very interesting to write about the two of them in this setting.

23. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    Well I certainly loved Luney's interpretation of Corran in "Will She Step On His Feet To Dance?" *laughs* Daddy!Corran is so cute. :)

I think that while Corran would certainly flip out initially, he'd warm to the idea. (keep in ming my Jacella stuff is all AU of DN, and sometimes NJO) After all, Corran and Jacen have worked together a few times, and he likes Jacen. Mind you, Mirax would need to calm him down. ;) Mirax I think would be very supportive of Jys, and would be the calming influnce on Corran, Booster, and Valin. Not that I think Valin would get worked up quite to Corran's state... quite.

Han and Leia I think would be supportive, As would Luke and Mara. Jaina... I think she won't really mind who Jacen end up with as long as he's happy. And I could actually see Jys and Jaina conspiring together rather well.

*snrk* How true... I could just see Wes encouraging Jacen while Corran, Wedge, Tycho and Hobbie are threatning him... [face_laugh]

~Misha

24. Eleventh_Guard

Eleventh_Guard Jedi Master star 5

Dec 17, 2005
    Ben's reaction might be a fun thing to play with. Would he be supportive of his Master (if Jacen is Ben's Master in that particular fic, since in some AUs he might not be), or would he be even care? Might he be jealous, or happy that Jysella is happy?

25. DreamingIce

Aug 8, 2005
    I agree, Eleventh Guard, Ben's reaction would be fun to play with...

*picutes Ben getting all jealous because Jys is interested in Jacen, not him*

Now wouldn't that be an interesting bunny [face_devil] *hides from said bunny* No! not me! I have other stories I need to work on!

~Misha

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.