main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Rumor Jacen and Jaina Solo in Episode VII

Discussion in 'Archive: Disney Era Films' started by Corax78, Jun 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Corax78

Corax78 Jedi Knight star 2

Jun 2, 2008
    Vastor likes this.
  2. TCF-1138

TCF-1138 Anthology/Fan Films/NSA Mod & Ewok Enthusiast star 6 Staff Member Manager

Sep 20, 2002
  3. Pro Scoundrel

Pro Scoundrel New Films Expert At Modding Casual star 6 Staff Member Manager

Nov 20, 2012
    I'm going to go on record and say I don't believe the scoop.

Toonimator likes this.
  4. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    That seems to be a dead link, is that working for anyone else?

5. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    Jaina I wouldn't mind, but Jacen? Since the OT cast is returning, that means the timeline would be around 45 ABY or later. Jacen would be long dead by then, unless they're going in a sort of pick and choose hybrid route where some aspects of the EU are used and others are not (in this case, Jacen is used, but the corresponding timeline is not). I hope this rumor isn't true, not only for the reasons I just listed, but do we really need to see a cinematic interpretation of Jacen's story for Episode VII-IX? I don't think so. If they really wanted to make that, I'd say throw it in some spinoff films.

Apophis_ likes this.
  6. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008

You might have to refresh it a few times to get the link to work. The scoop shut down their servers.

7. Corax78

Jun 2, 2008

Why would this have to be placed at 45 ABY? The technology is there to make the big 3 look younger if need be.

Another thing to think about is that Jacen may not turn to the dark side if this is legit. For example VII could end with Luke being struck down by the big bad and Jacen chasing after him. End scene, roll credits and for two years we are left thinking that Jacen has fallen when he hasn't.

8. Placeholder

Placeholder Jedi Master star 4

Jan 30, 2013
    Thanks, I got it to work after a few tries

9. Corvax855

Corvax855 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 23, 2011
    You mean using the Tron: Legacy effect that they used on Jeff Bridges? I suppose it's doable, but I'm not sure if it would really work for SW. I noticed that it didn't help that film (it's box office wasn't as good as they were forecasting) and came across more as a gimmick than anything else. Mark Hamill did say that they would be written out of the script if they chose not to sign, so that indicates to me that it's really essential that they be on set in the flesh, rather than sitting in a blank room doing motion capture. However, that's just my take on his statement.

Also, if they use Jacen as a main character, but not have him turn to the dark side (I assume you mean not only VII, but the rest of the trilogy), what's the point of using his character in the first place? They might as well have Thrawn in there but have him be a Rebel commander.

10. The Hellhammer

The Hellhammer Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2012
    Doubt this is legit.
    It sounds just the same as the previous movies and I doubt they'd go down that path.

Darth slaughter and Darth_Pevra like this.
  11. Samayel_

Samayel_ Jedi Master star 2

Sep 26, 2012
    it sounds like a remake of LOTF.... anyway, i donĀ“t believe that rumor

12. Darth_Pevra

Darth_Pevra Chosen One star 6

May 21, 2008
    So, how reliable are these guys?

13. d_arblay

d_arblay Jedi Master star 4

May 26, 2005
    A main character turning to the dark side. Been there. Done that. It was called Episode 3. Next.

14. darth_mccartney

darth_mccartney Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 3, 2008
    Nah. Do away with the EU completely and start over from scratch. The movies owe the EU nothing and if they steamroller every single bit of it then that's cool.

15. Jedi General Gelderd

Jedi General Gelderd Jedi Master star 5

Mar 6, 2004
    Mehh, out of all the possibilites JJ could bring to this new ST, I doubt he'd copy a few books that split fans down the middle as to the canon progression of the films into the EU.

Plus it's almost a little TOO close to the rise and fall of Anakin Skywalker if another bright young Jedi follows a Dark Side path....we've had that already. Star Wars can do so much more than just follow Jedi on paths to the Dark Side.

The Hellhammer likes this.
  16. Jae-Dec

Jae-Dec Jedi Master star 3

May 20, 2013
    I agree with the others, this storyline seems too close to Anakin's fall to the Dark Side. I'm sure they want to come up with more unique ideas for the ST.

17. Trebor Sabreon

Trebor Sabreon Former Manager star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 15, 2010
    Meh. I mean, I want to see some EU referenced by including Luke's son and the Solo's daughter, and it wouldn't tear me up to see Jacen alive and well, either, but I don't care to sit through the story of Jacen's fall. I've already read it. Years ago.

Include the characters, if you so desire, Lucasfilm (please do, I think it would be great), but please give us the original story you promised.

18. Buddha Fett

Buddha Fett Force Ghost star 4

Dec 18, 1999
    The plural of Jedi is Jedi. So...I call this not legit.

Toonimator and WatTamborWoo like this.
  19. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012

omg i really hope so !! they are very poplular with fans.And i love Jaina <3

20. StarWars2015

StarWars2015 Jedi Knight star 2

Dec 5, 2012
    This storyline sounds very plain and too closed nit skywalker related.............and there has already been about 10 books written about the twins. THIS IS GOING TO BE A NEW STORY PEOPLE. FORGET ABOUT THE EXPANDED UNIVERSE, It will have no impact on Episode 7, That does not mean the Twins will not appear or even children of Luke Skywalker himself but it does mean that anything you have read in previous expanded universe books will NOT be the focus on the New Movie !!!!

Could they reference events in the expanded universe by bringing up the past such as Han saying something like, "Well you know we we Took out Thrawn we did it this way" or Damn, another Dark Jedi, bring me my blaster kid" ..........................

The will be a lot more to the story of this new trilogy than the simple turn of one Jedi to the dark side................They have 3 movies to make they have to tie up a lot of loose ends, and deliever a worthy post era sequel to ROTJ in the process and then they have to meet a undisclosed number of spinoffs which may feature characters we meet in the Sequel Trilogy.

21. Vastor

Vastor Jedi Knight star 3

Nov 1, 2012
    btw just because George said the stories would be new doesnt mean they wont be using loved characters from the EU, also there will be kids after the big 3 no matter what or they cant progress the story period that
    will happen no matter what. So they are smart with going with 2 characters that fans alredy for the most part love, and we will see stories 10 times better then any of the EU novels had about them.

22. StoneRiver

StoneRiver Force Ghost star 4

Oct 6, 2004
    I don't wanna see them re-treading "hero falls to darkside" again, although it would fit with my guessed title "The Fallen Hero" :p

23. Jedi Merkurian

Jedi Merkurian Future Films Rumor Naysayer star 7 Staff Member Manager

May 25, 2000
    We already have a thread for discussing the possibility of Expanded Universe characters in the movies. It's like stickied and everything. You should totes check it out, n'stuff.

I'll unlock it if this turns out to be true.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.