main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacen-Centric Fics Index

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by LadyMairead, Dec 22, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. LadyMairead

LadyMairead Jedi Padawan star 4

May 20, 2002
    Note: If you would like to write a review, we'd love to have you, but please PM it to me rather than simply posting it. Thanks! :)

-Also, if anyone has a story that features Jacen they'd like to add, please PM me at any time with the information listed below.
    --------------------------------
    I realize that there is already a Jacen/Tenel Ka Fics Resource Thread, but after some discussion, we decided that a thread that featured all types of Jacen fics would be appropriate as well. There will be several people helping me with this when they have spare time, so thank you to: Xaara and Rogue_of_Peace!

WIP indicates a 'Work-In-Progress'

If anyone would like their story posted please PM me rather than posting a link. The PM should have the following format:

Title with a link
    Author's name with a link
    A summary of no more than 100 words
    Author's notes, for classifications such as: J/TK, J/Danni Quee, EU, etc.

Please put "Jacen Fic Index Submission" in the title line of the PM. Also, please indicate whether your fics are a series or stand-alone. Thanks!

All Mixed Up by Danny_Quee
    Set during Star by Star. As the Jedi strike team prepares to depart for their mission to kill the voxyn queen, Danni Quee struggles with her feelings for Jacen Solo.
    Author's Notes: Jacen/Danni. Set in the NJO during SbS. Also features Cilghal. Lando Calrissian and Anakin Solo each have one line. Tenel Ka has a non-speaking part.

Between Pirates and Princesses by _Tenel_Ka_
    Jacen and Tenel Ka are captured by a band of pirates, and Jacen must win a series of deadly contests to free himself and his warrior princess. Are Jacen's love and determination strong enough to triumph, or will he kill himself and Tenel Ka in the process?

Binding Ties by Sache8
    After his capture in 'Star by Star,' Jacen Solo gets thrown in with a group of Vong Refugees and must adapt to a new existence. Along the way he meets a beautiful young scholar with some surprising insight into his family's past.

Confusion WIP by Jaggie_Jaya
    Jacen's back. But he isn't the same. And only Tahiri notices. Tahiri battles with her feelings for Anakin, while being attracted to Jacen. Jacen falls in love with Tahiri while dening it to himself. And when they come to a life or death situation, will they tell each other how they fell, or will the force rob them of a life that they secretly dreamed of? This is set right after Traitor. Has some Jaina/Jag. Rated PG.

Darkness Returns WIP by jacensolo1138
    Jacen's dreams are plagued by a dark presence and it leads to the kidnapping of three people he holds dear. Will he be able to return them to safety? Occurs 3 years after Crisis at Crystal Reef. Jacen, Tenel Ka, and Jaina are 18. Zekk is 20
    Author?s Notes: Romance/Action/Adventure, Rated PG-13 (just to be safe)

Fools Rush In WIP by JainaJediQueen
    Jacen and Tenel Ka face the trials of parenthood.

Glycerine WIP by _Tenel_Ka_
    Jacen returns from captivity to find that muc

2. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Reviews

From Scratch (reviewed by Xaara)

Jacen Solo is his father's son, and he proves it in more ways than one. He is ruggedly good-looking and has a quick-witted honesty about him that will be the downfall of all humanoid females. He demonstrates his father's attraction to royalty by insisting on becoming the consort of Queen Mother Tenel Ka. When she refuses, what can he do but kidnap her, take her away from it all, and kiss some sense into her? Thus begins a dramatic, entertaining, and often hilarious series of events in which Jacen and Tenel Ka become progressively closer (now why did Jacen have to dive fully clothed into that ice-cold lake again?). Backed up by a dynamic set of original characters, like Flynn, a young human male and his Yuuzhan Vong significant other, Vola, our favorite couple treks over Coruscant in search of the Worldbrain, which, Jacen assures us, is in need of some pretty desperate help.

The characterizations of Jacen and Tenel Ka are superb and wonderfully round (no more one-dimensional "Fact" girl for us.) Flynn and Vola are a creative pair, and little details like Flynn's idiosyncratic speech patterns and Vola's insistence on calling Jacen "Great One" and Tenel Ka "She of Flame" add to the fabric of the plot and lend it a depth that mimics professional writing. And what would a story be without its villains? Nicha is female, Jacen is male, Tenel Ka is taking up most of his attention?you do the math!

What's going to happen? If I told you, I'd have to kill you, but I think it's safe to imagine that Jade_Max has some great action and romance lined up for us. I, for one, can't wait to see what happens in the next posts!

The New Empire Series ? Sebulba2179

Jacen has entered into the dangerous and exciting world of pod-racing and finds himself competing against the disturbingly beautiful Jerrica Sulvecto. When Luke sends his nephews and niece on a case to uncover the wrong-doings of a Hutt syndicate, Jacen discovers Jerrica to be in thick with thieves. Intrigued by her beauty and brains, he actively pursues her believing her to be working under the purest of motives, while those around him are less certain.

This series of wonderfully rich, action-packed adventures harken back to the YJK books for the sheer thrill and joy of reading. Sebby writes pod races that are so intense and detailed, you can almost feel the sand blasting the pores off of your face. With a quick wit for dialogue and a rich, diverse set of Original Characters, these stories bring the fun back into an otherwise dreary NJO universe.

Sebby?s Jacen is quick thinking, heroic, and as big of a wise-ass as his father. Jaina is portrayed as the perfect motor-head, and Anakin lives for the adventure.

Jerrica is a great O/C ? who?s a bit rough around the edges and is the perfect girl to tip Jacen?s world upsidedown. She?s independent minded and a lot of fun... and his new Jedi Apprentice.

Sebby is slowly developing Jacen and Jerrica?s relationship by creating a base for deep friendship that will - hopefully - turn into something more (the fact neither can stop thinking about the other is proof of that )

He is reposting his stories in the new Beyond the Saga forum, so go ahead and check them out. You'll be glad to be along for the ride.

3. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Well, I wouldn't say that my current fanfic series revolves completely around Jacen, but he's definitely the main character. All links are in the ol' profile, along with the titles of the upcoming ones. My next fanfic series (post-NJO) will put him into a certain Indiana Jones-ish role. :D

One caveat, folks: I do NOT write Jacen/Tenel Ka. T.K. is the quintessential Mary Sue and I've no use for her as Jacen's significant other. I've got him with an OC who is well-liked so far by my admittedly minuscule number of readers.

Also, Binding Ties by Sache8 is a phenomenal "Traitor" AU. She also places Jacen with a likable OC, and she takes Jacen's character to a depth greater than the Philippine Trench, to say nothing of the philosophical ground that our hero covers while in the clutches of the Vong. And need I mention the Skywalker family history that Sache has created with mind-blowing detail?

4. Rogue_of-Peace

Rogue_of-Peace Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 7, 2002
    Dang... realised that most of these fics I've at least started reading before.... read all except Sebulba's last three: although a very good and very interesting tale, it didn't have the Jacen uniqueness that I liked.

Hey, LM, I found quite an interesting fic a while back. It's called Dark Mirror, set during NJO where an AU involving an evil Emperor Luke invades the GFFA we all know and love. There are at least two major branches: L/M and Jacen/ Danni Quee (this version is less sufferable than in the novels IMO) as well as POVs cropping up now and then from others. I'll post a link, but I was wondering if it could be counted to belong here. It's long yet complete. Dark Mirror

5. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    ooh, this is an awesome idea!

Hero by Aeryn_Sun

Summary: It started with a kiss and a promise. Now, unlikely lovers, they must hide their passion from the one person that could destroy them? Her ex-boyfriend and her lover's little brother.

Mended by Aeryn_Sun

Summary: Anakin does come back from the dead; Jacen doesn?t die?and they both have feelings for Tahiri. Nasty love triangle, tearing brothers? apart. Takes off where ?Hero? ended.

Coming Soon...Trickster

6. _Tenel_Ka_

_Tenel_Ka_ Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 11, 2001
    *claps*

Yay for LadyMairead for thinking this up!

It was only a matter of time... [face_devil]

7. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002
    indeed, _Tenel_Ka_, it was only a matter of time...

And LM: LOL! I loved your summaries *snicker* very cool :D

8. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Up for the new links!

9. Xaara

Xaara Jedi Master star 3

Jun 30, 2002
    Just popping in to give this one a bump.

10. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Another up for the additions.

11. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
  12. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
    Some brand-new lovely links for everyone to go check out. Go! Read them! And then PM me reviews! :D

13. Soulwalker

Soulwalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 18, 2003
    This needs an UP! :)

14. jacesolo1138

jacesolo1138 Jedi Master star 3

Jan 27, 2002
  15. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
  16. Agent_Jaid

Agent_Jaid Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 21, 2003
    I'm "working" on math right now but I would like to thank the LadyMairead for creating this thread!

17. PadmeLeiaJaina

PadmeLeiaJaina Force Ghost star 6

May 23, 2002
    I have a Review!

The New Empire Series ? Sebulba2179

Jacen has entered into the dangerous and exciting world of pod-racing and finds himself competing against the disturbingly beautiful Jerrica Sulvecto. When Luke sends his nephews and niece on a case to uncover the wrong-doings of a Hutt syndicate, Jacen discovers Jerrica to be in thick with thieves. Intrigued by her beauty and brains, he actively pursues her believing her to be working under the purest of motives, while those around him are less certain.

This series of wonderfully rich, action-packed adventures harken back to the YJK books for the sheer thrill and joy of reading. Sebby writes pod races that are so intense and detailed, you can almost feel the sand blasting the pores off of your face. With a quick wit for dialogue and a rich, diverse set of Original Characters, these stories bring the fun back into an otherwise dreary NJO universe.

Sebby?s Jacen is quick thinking, heroic, and as big of a wise-ass as his father. Jaina is portrayed as the perfect motor-head, and Anakin lives for the adventure.

Jerrica is a great O/C ? who?s a bit rough around the edges and is the perfect girl to tip Jacen?s world upsidedown. She?s independent minded and a lot of fun... and his new Jedi Apprentice.

Sebby is slowly developing Jacen and Jerrica?s relationship by creating a base for deep friendship that will - hopefully :D - turn into something more (the fact neither can stop thinking about the other is proof of that ;) )

He is reposting his stories in the new Beyond the Saga forum, so go ahead and check them out. You'll be glad to be along for the ride.

Scale from 1-10: 10

18. Soulwalker

Mar 18, 2003
    I have an excellent addition for the list:

Supernova by Rogue_Even

Summary: Taking place during the NJO saga, Tenel Ka and Jacen are seperated by the crown of Hapes. Each greives silently for the other, but Jacen relents in his love for Tenel Ka as he believes he would only hinder the new life she has found. However, when Hapes is threatened to be the target of a Yuuzhan Vong attack, he can do nothing less than rush to her rescue.

19. LadyMairead

May 20, 2002
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.