main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacen Solo (DJ spoilers maybe some SbS too)

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Kenix Kil, Jan 26, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Ok. Here comes the DJ spoiler. If you dont want to see it leave now.

Ok thats enough warning. In DJ the jedi feel a great pain from Jacen that almost everyone, Leia the exception, thinks that he is dead. Does anyone actually think that he died? I personally dont.

2. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    Well, considering he's the main character of Traitor...

3. Kenix Kil

Kenix Kil Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 7, 2000
    Ok so I'm not as up to date as I should be on the future books.

4. NaboosPrincess

NaboosPrincess Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 14, 2001
    Um, no. They won't kill Jacen, at least not yet (and I personally hope they never do, considering that he is my favorite character). There must be some reason for him to feel dead to the other characters in the book, though. Do you think maybe he has to go into a trance or something to protect himself? I am also surprised that it would be Leia who would think he is not dead; isn't Jania supposed to have the best connection with Jacen? I guess we'll just have to wait and find out....

5. Danamel99

Danamel99 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 10, 2001
    Jaina's not feeling a whole lot of anyone...since she fell to the darkside, she's gone a little force numb in some instances.....she didn't even feel the supposed Jacen death thing...all of the others did...

6. ghentzz

ghentzz Jedi Youngling

Jan 26, 2002
    there's a good chance that he's turned vong, by way of a shaper (like Tahiri, for a while). And that's why he isn't felt by the others; because vong are absent in the force.

7. BartSimpson-SithLord

BartSimpson-SithLord Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 24, 2002
    He didn't die, I have a theory that Solo/Skywalkers in the NJO only die in hardbacks. Although there does have to be a reason they felt him, and Leia going into denial is weird because she frieked out in SbS, so why not now?

8. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    No, Jacen is not dead. They wouldn't kill two Solo kids.

9. IAmTheDarkSide

IAmTheDarkSide Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 9, 2002
    No, Jacen is not dead. They wouldn't kill two Solo kids.

:D

10. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    Heh, you're evil IAmTheDarkSide [face_devil] [face_mischief] :D

If they felt something painful through the Force though, I assume something bad happened to him...

11. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    I don't think he's dead yet (as of DJ). Here's why:

1) Jacen is a major character and his death would be a major event. They wouldn't have it happen 'off-camera' with people just discussing it, they would show it.
    2) Jacen is the closest any Jedi has come to the mystery of Vergere and now he is closest by proximity. That's not an accident.
    3) The Vong want both Jacen and Jaina to fight in ritual combat to the death. I believe they are still trying to capture Jaina as of Dark Journey.
    4) They have killed of two 'members of the Solo family' in a sense: Chewbacca and Anakin. The first was killed in the beginning of the series, the second in the middle. If they do kill another Solo, I think that it will be more spaced out unless it's another 'extended family' thing like Chewbacca, perhaps Lando or someone like that.
    5) Jacen is the only Jedi who is shown as consistently expressing conservative viewpoints, which are needed as a counterpoint to more extreme viewpoints like Kyp's and now Jaina's.
    6) A mother would know....

12. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Yes, he is dead.

In a certain way...

[whistling]Tahiri[/whistling]

13. chissdude10

chissdude10 Jedi Youngling star 5

Jul 26, 2001
    I did not get that Xizor...

14. Sinje_Gawa

Sinje_Gawa Jedi Youngling star 2

Dec 17, 2001
    I think I'm starting to get some of what he's hinting at....

Possible spoilers going up to Traitor

I just read in the Traitor speculation thread that Dark Journey, Enemy Lines and Traitor all take place at the same time. This was new information to me.

It totally kills reason #1 of why I didn't think that Jacen was dead - an 'off-camera' death. It is speculated that Traitor deals with Vergere and Jacen on Coruscant. If everything takes place at the same time, then the Jedi could be feeling his death which takes place in Traitor.

It also nixes reason #2, as he will no doubt be with Vergere long enough for us to learn what's going on with her in Traitor.

Reason #3, the twin combat to the death, may not happen when Jaina escapes the Vong's clutches and Tsavong Lah has to admit his failure in providing a sacrifice to the gods.

At the end of SBS, Vergere gives Jacen her healing tears after indicating that he was going to experience deep and meaningful pain in the near future. These tears could possibly allow him to survive his 'death', which is why Leia thinks he isn't dead but we'll see how things work out.

Anyway, all of this pretty much refutes my reasons as to why he can't be dead. However, I am unsure of the Tahiri connection PrinceXizor alludes to. Perhaps this has something to do with that important thing Ikrit believed Tahiri and Anakin would do (although for Anakin's part in may be in spirit - literally or figuratively.) Suppose Jacen is meant to bring a new balance to the Force or save the day in the Vong conflict, but he can only do this if Tahiri revives him, but she can only do that if Anakin had rescued her in EOV. It's possible. Anakin's rescue of Tahiri was still in the future at the time of Ikrit's death. He said that they had a destiny to fulfill, he never said they'd do it side by side so his vision could be that Anakin rescued Tahiri, and Tahiri rescues Jacen, who plays an important role.

15. PrinceXizor

PrinceXizor Former TF.N Foreign Book Cover Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 4, 2001
    Hehe, seems I opened some sort of Pandora's box... :D

I think I won't explain what I meant and see if someone can discover what I meant.

And Sinje, that's not what I meant. Sorry. ;) :p

16. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    Very interesting speculation, Sinje_Gawa...

17. Sache8

Sache8 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 19, 2000
    Um, I think I know what you meant, PrinceXizor. An interesting possibility (if I'm right) but maybe a little bit soap-opera-y.

I'll PM you w/ my theory and see if anybody else read's your mind.

18. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    Hmm...interesting speculations...we'll see i guess...lol btw this is random question do u guys pronounce Jacen as in JaSon (with an S sound) or JaKen (with a K sound) cuz i've heard both types being said b4

19. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    [whistling]Tahiri[/whistling]

Oh, I get it... in the scene where Anakin tells Jacen to "kiss Tahiri for him" Denning doesn't write that he puts his hand on Jacen's face and says "Remember," thus transferring his chakra (or spirit, as it were) to Jacen. Thus when Jacen dies, Anakin takes over in Jacen's body when Tahiri restores Anakin's spirit in Jacen's body so she can claim her long awaited kiss from Anakin and Jacen can fulfill Anakin's last request. Although, it's really Anakin fulfilling Anakin's last request.

Whoops, oh yeah, this is Star WARS, not Star Trek III... :)

20. Gandalf the Grey

Gandalf the Grey Jedi Knight star 6

May 14, 2000
    Sigh

Jacakin Solo? Scary thought. He'd be one confused Jedi...

21. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    Heh, as if he needed any added confused...

Xizor, what the heck d'ya mean?! ?[face_plain] Tell us now :mad: :p

22. Thejedikiller

Thejedikiller Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 26, 1999
    If you read the interview with the guy who wrote the new NJO Sourcebook he said something that caught my attention and in reality could be consider a major spoiler for the rest of the series.

He was talking about the OT time period ANH-ROTJ to be a journey of a monohero, that beinf Luke. He then said the NJO follows anothers monojourney to the resolve of the NJO. If me hypothesis proves correct, what this guy was saying is that Jacen is going to be the eventual hero of the NJO series. In what form I have no idea? I just think that is what he was saying in as basic terms as possible.

23. The_Grey_Jedi

The_Grey_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 27, 2002
    No, he's not dead, if for the only reason that if they killed him (espically off-screen) they would lose thousands of readers. I mean SW is a space epic. You can't have an epic if every body dies! Also, I for one would like to see Jacen and Jaina fight! <grins evilly> Hey why not? I fought with my sis all the time! Why do they have to have the perfect sibling relationship? And to that effect...GO JAINA!!

24. NikeSkylark

NikeSkylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 20, 2002
    Hmm...interesting speculations...we'll see i guess...lol btw this is random question do u guys pronounce Jacen as in JaSon (with an S sound) or JaKen (with a K sound) cuz i've heard both types being said b4

his character was supposed to be named 'jason' but it was decided that it was too THIS galaxy so they changed the spelling to 'jacen' coz it looked more GFFA. so i figure it's supposed to be pronounced 'jason'

~NiKe SKyLaRK~

25. Jedi-Sith

Jedi-Sith Jedi Grand Master star 3

Aug 4, 2001
    He is not dead, I suspect Vergere reveals her identity to Jacen in Traitor which I think is going on during Dark Journey and Enemy Lines and show her hand in Destiny's Way. I suspect the two of them sent a shockwave thruogh the Force to try and convince his friends and family not to come after him....

His mother after experiencing Anakin's death cannot be fooled though...

Come on she is his Mother after all.

He and Jaina will be the main characters of the story from now on I suspect so they wont kill him. Yeah I reckon another of the Solo/Skywalker family will go but not until HC#5 and I think it will be Mara not Jacen

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.