main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanclub Jacen Solo Fan Club: Forever in the Light

Discussion in 'EU Community' started by -Vergere-, Oct 14, 2001.

1. Darth Invictus

Darth Invictus Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 8, 2016
    Wait Tahiri accused him of rape. If anyone was having sex it was Tahiri.

2. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I agree with you on the last point, Jacen wasn't a swashbuckling sword swinging, butcher the bad guy get the girl sort of hero. He was socially awkward, asked philosophical questions, and was just all around more interesting.

Anedon likes this.
  3. Force Smuggler

Force Smuggler Force Ghost star 7

Sep 2, 2012
    We really need to reboot the post NJO universe.

Though ending with the NJO series is fine too.

Anedon likes this.
  4. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I concur completely. As much I hate him being made into a villain he was even disrespected by being made into a poor villain. An inconsistently written villian, a villain that got pinned to a chair.

If they wanted to make a real villain-have him say kill Kyle Katarn and the team sent to kill him, have him recruit Jedi to his side or at least have sympathizers, Seha was a spy-having willing Caedus sympathizers in the Jedi order that would be a cool plot.

Have him actually ya know stand up to Luke. Lumiya managed to hold off Luke bloodlusted after his wife died? Caedus can't even sense his presence? Now I see why Krayt didn't take him seriously!

It's just so angering.

Force Smuggler likes this.
  5. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    That chair scene, both chair scenes were still hilarious imo.

Jacen should have been above the Jedi and Sith thing.

Helping both sides become closer.

Anedon likes this.
  6. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Yeah if he had transcended both that would have been better.

7. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Well he goes down as a failure as a Sith, from our perspective, as he wasn't a true Sith - he didn't seek power for powers sake. He sought a goal. So in that respect he was wildly successful as Caedus, but not as Darth Caedus, if that makes sense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Well I'm not sure if we should judge him as a Sith, as he never really was one.
    And to be honest I hate his whole turn to the darkside plot for obvious reasons.
    Is there anyone here in this fanclub who prefers Caedus over Jacen?

P.S: Was there ever a truly succesfull Sith?

9. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Success is relative. I'd argue if there was ever a truly successful Jedi, if asked.

Sadow, Vitiate, Freedon Nadd, Exar Kun, Revan, Ruin, Bane, Sidious, Lumiya, Krayt - they all succeeded for a time, or achieved a great deal with little repaired, or left successful legacies, after all.

For example; because of Sadow the Sith could expand beyond the Stygian Caldera which had secluded them for nearly two millennia. Yes he wrecked that Empire but he scattered the Sith legacy across the galaxy, and personally perpetuated the Order with Nadd.

Yes Nadd only consumed a single planet, but he consumed it so much that it's legacy infected Empress Teta, Exar Kun and Ulic Qel-Droma and started a war which devastated a quarter of the Galaxy.

Revan succeeded in conquering a third of the Galaxy and all but destroying the Jedi Order, even if his Empire did not last for long.

Ruin was killed by his followers, but unleashed a millennium of warfare which destroyed the Republic.

Bane, well Bane succeeded in everything he set out to do so shrug.

Sidious destroyed the Republic and Jedi and weakened the Galaxy so much that wars ravaged the Galaxy for decades thereafter his demise.

Lumiya died knowing that she had destroyed the harmony of the Skywalker-Solo clan and having had her revenge. She also knew that she had distracted the Jedi from Krayt and completely derailed the recovery from the Vong War. Success all round.

Krayt made an order from scratch and conquered the Galaxy in a tenth of the time that Bane's order needed. Sure it lasted a third as long, but it did damn well even when the Galaxy unified against the Sith Order until Darth Wredd went all Bane on it.

EDIT: I forgot Vitiate but to be fair do I even need to mention this guy? He was born in 5113. He's still around in 3650. He's became Emperor of two Empire's with the potential to conquer the Galaxy; he's destroyed the most powerful Sith and Jedi a dozen times over. His Sith Empire won the Galactic War over 28 years. His Eternal Empire won the next war in one single year. He's completely unstoppable, immortal, a body hopper, amazing, consumes world's even when he is disembodied, entirely beyond our understanding and we still don't know what the hell he is up to and he's currently in the Outlanders head. He's the most powerful Sith to have ever existed outside of Darth Sidious.

10. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I don't think any of us prefer Caedus over Jacen, or we wouldn't have the subtitle "Forever in the Light, I do think he could have been a good anti hero or even Villain in some respects if handled right. He could have accepted Lumiya's teachings, made clear to his family his agenda and had conflict from there. That obviously was beyond the writers though.

No I think we all love Jacen. It's just we're upset that not only was he made(wrongly) I think into a villain he was made into a bad villain.

Anedon likes this.
  11. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well that's where ya go. I think palpatine came closest to ultimate victory. Had Luke been converted, he would have been dark God of the universe within a 1000 years, the man was quite literally darkness incarnate in Star Wars. Even Vitiate as aweful as he was never got that far.

12. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Truth.

I think I simply entitled the entire arc from DNT through to FotJ as 'The Tragedy of Jacen Solo' insofar as much as the Prequels and Original films are 'The Tragedy of Anakin Skywalker'.

Shrug.

13. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Well then they really were aping the prequels weren't they.

14. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    To be fair Grievous is a multiple armed foe... As was Lomi Plo. Sidious caused a Confederacy to oppose the Republic so he could take control... And Lumiya caused a Confederation to oppose the Alliance so she could give Jacen control. Jacen fell to the dark side by killing Nelani, just as Anakin did with Mace. And so on.

But the Jedi quit the Alliance unlike the Republic and when Anakin fell to the dark side he never released a hell monster from the Maw.

It dovetails but it's not the same.

Much as with Ben Solo.

Incidentally I forgot that the Tragedy of Anakin ends in Dark Empire, not in RotJ, in my head.

15. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    Which was supremely irritating, because, hello, we've already seen this, can we get something different, please?

Sent from my X-wing via "Boomer" (R2-C4)

16. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I think if they wanted parallels they could have done them better. Star Wars history and legends in particular if it has any grand theme, it is that history is cyclical.

I think had they had different and better writers for LOTF they could have made something amazing. They just didn't though.

17. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    LOTF should have been Sith/Old Republic era.

18. Katana_Sundancer

Katana_Sundancer Jedi Master star 4

Aug 13, 2009
    I thought that Betrayal had potential - was actually looking forward to Jacen exploring what it actually meant to be a Sith, maybe even finding different beliefs and interpretations. Walking this fine line between learning and falling. *sigh*

Sent from my X-wing via "Boomer" (R2-C4)

19. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    The vision of Jacen talking to Lumiya at the end. I still want to know what that was about.

20. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Wait the dark Jacen that went on about fading into nothingness, if that was anything that was Lumiya's vision of what she wanted.

I wonder had they followed through with the idea of dark Luke being a motivation-that would have been terrifying. And a good motivation to take his place if you ask me.

Pity they didn't follow through with that.

21. Force Smuggler

Sep 2, 2012
    Seeing the vision that Jacen killed Luke come back and play a role would have been nice.

22. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    Now actually having an evil Luke in 40 ABY would have made an excellent infinities.

23. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    I did love how Jacen implied Luke was the Dark Man for a bit.

24. Darth Invictus

Aug 8, 2016
    I wonder how could Luke have ended up going dark at that point? Surely that was impossible at that point in Luke's career, I would have loved to see it.

25. Sinrebirth

Nov 15, 2004
    Well Caedus killing Mara nearly did the trick. Perhaps if he'd taken down Ben too.