main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacen Solo in Love

Discussion in 'Literature' started by bossk27, Oct 21, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rebecca191

Rebecca191 Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 2, 1999
    Tenal Ka and Kyp? *Shudders*

2. Muke_Skywalker

Muke_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2000
    Vergere you dear lady are a true Jedi Knight.. ;)

3. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    Any man who has Tenel Ka use the Gun Of Command on him is a LUCKY man. :) Tenel Ka is the hottest redhead in all of Star Wars. And yes I know who Mara is but she's too prickly for my tastes.

4. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    Ok, Kyp and Tenel Ka? Have you people no SOUL!? Although....to be honest, that would be interesting, considering Tenel Ka beating Kyp regularly during their training sessions, with only one arm no less, might do the arrogant Jedi Master a whole world of good.

JMA

5. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
  6. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    kyp needs a women like chi chi on dbz.

7. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
    Chi Chi? Who is Chi Chi?

And no woman deserves a jerk like Kyp. Ugh.

8. exar-tull

exar-tull Jedi Grand Master star 5

Feb 22, 2001
    your it insults chi chi on an after thought, oohh ysanne isard is a better match for him.

9. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    You?re right exar-tull, Chi Chi can boss around the strongest people in the universe, but she still isn?t dominant enough for Kyp. He needs a woman that will make him look like a placid little puppy dog in comparison. [face_devil]

10. Rebecca191

Nov 2, 1999
  11. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    I cant beleive you guys waste your time insulting a great Jedi like Kyp when wussy do-nothing Jacen Solo is there to kick around.

12. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    Muke_Skywalker, Kyp is an arrogant character and some people might not like him very much for that reason. People beat up on Jacen earlier in this thread, and I see nothing wrong with doing the same to Kyp.

Also, Jacen isn?t a ?do-nothing?. Even when he refused to use the Force he was helping refugees. He even killed a few Vong in Balance Point without using the Force. Just because he doesn?t like aggression, doesn?t mean he doesn?t like action of any kind.

13. Mastadge

Mastadge Manager Emeritus star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 4, 1999
    Mastadge, boy your opinion of who Jacen should end up with changes with the threads you post in.

No, I'm usually all for Tenel Ka. My post here was a joke, and other times I entertain Danni as a possibility, but really I like Tenel Ka, and therefore think they need to get together so we can see more of her.

14. Muke_Skywalker

Dec 9, 2000
    The way I see it everybody is arrogant. Just to greater or lesser degrees. Kyp really isnt all that arrogant compared to Jacen Solo who thinks that he knows how the Force should be used better than everyone in the the universe.

And how about that Borsk Fey'Lya? I dont even have to give reasons we all know how arrogant he is.

And how about that smug little toadie Corran Horn who endlessly lectures and pontificates to everyone who is unfortunate enough to be within earshot.

And of course the QUEEN of arrogance, Mara Jade Skywalker she cant resist telling people how much better her way of using the Force is than anyone else.

You see all Kyp does is do things his own way and he is called arrogant. Bushwah! He is cocky. He is stubborn. And he takes no crap from anyone. He lives by his own code and his own rules. And when he does things he does them in the name of the greater good. He is a Force using Han Solo.

And I see a double standard applied to Kyp Durron that isnt applied to any of the other thousand arrogant SW characters clogging up the EU right now.

15. LtSticks

LtSticks Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 15, 2001
    I think he should get over Danni and Tenel Ka and get with someone new.

16. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    Muke_Skywalker: ?The way I see it everybody is arrogant. Just to greater or lesser degrees. Kyp really isn?t all that arrogant compared to Jacen Solo who thinks that he knows how the Force should be used better than everyone in the universe?

Um, why do you think he is having so much trouble figuring out his own path? He knows he doesn?t have a superior understanding of the Force than Luke does, he just knows that he has a different perspective on it, and he wants to use that different perspective to his advantage. Why do you think that Jacen told Luke about his vision, but then told Luke not to change his actions based on it? He respected Luke?s opinion, and wanted him to help explain what he might need to do. That?s not arrogant, that?s seeking a second opinion.

?And of course the QUEEN of arrogance, Mara Jade Skywalker she cant resist telling people how much better her way of using the Force is than anyone else.?

I don?t see Mara as the ?queen? of arrogance. Her opinions regarding to Force are not far off base. Timothy Zahn made a very bad mistake when he had Mara lecturing to Luke, without explaining why she had a superior insight into the subject. But the fact is, she did show her insight to Luke, and He was forever changed by it because he agreed with her. This gives credibility to Mara?s opinion. She may have been arrogant for talking back to Luke, but she was far from being wrong for doing it. (I?m not going to contradict your claims that Corran and Borsk are extremely arrogant, because I hold Borsk on the same level that I hold Kyp in that regard and I don?t think that Corran is much better)

?You see all Kyp does is do things his own way and he is called arrogant.?

I never called Kyp arrogant for doing things his own way, just when he refuses to see that there could be any good option that he didn?t come up with himself.

?Bushwah! He is cocky. He is stubborn.?

That is forgivable, but they are not good Jedi traits just the same.

?And he takes no crap from anyone.?

He needs to learn to except that people have different opinions from his own, and that the difference of opinion is, very often, a good thing.

?He lives by his own code and his own rules.?

Aren?t the Jedi supposed to have a code that they live by? Aren?t they supposed to serve the Force, not there own ideas of what should be done? Kyp needs to take these things into account unless he want?s to become another Sith Lord (again!).

?And when he does things he does them in the name of the greater good.?

That is what he claims, but he fails to see the big picture of what the greater good really is. Kyp even admitted, after wasting his time with guerilla tactics, that he wasn?t doing much good, and that he wasn?t being very effective. Had he been keeping the big picture of the greater good in mind before he started using those tactics, he probably would have used them in the first place.

?He is a Force using Han Solo.?

I suppose you think that Han?s loose morals (relative to the Jedi ideal) is a good thing. I don?t.

?And I see a double standard applied to Kyp Durron that isn?t applied to any of the other thousand arrogant SW characters clogging up the EU right now.?

It?s not a double standard, when Kyp is the only main character who is doing what you have described. Other characters are indeed arrogant, but Kyp?s arrogance is a much more prominent feature of his personality than most of the other characters. Not liking that fact is not a double standard, it?s a demonstration of how much arrogance a person wishes to tolerate.

17. JediAlly

JediAlly Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 31, 2000
    I see two problems with Jacen and Tenel Ka getting together. First, Tenel Ka is the roaly princess and heir to the Hapes Cluster. As of now both of them probably have low opinions of politicians in general, and Tenel Ka could abdicate the throne. The problem is that she and her parents are the only ones who can make certain the Hapes Cluster remain an ally of the New Republic. And the second problem is Ta'a Chume. Anyone who read Courtship of Princess Leia, Lightsabers, and Jedi Eclipse will understand what I'm talking about.

18. MaceWinducannotdie

MaceWinducannotdie Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 31, 2001
    The idea of a force-using Han Solo scares the hell out of me.

19. Yuuzhan_Commando

Yuuzhan_Commando Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 11, 2001
    well, Han is the King of Corellia, so Jacen is a prince. All werks out dun it?

20. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    The idea of a force-using Han Solo scares the hell out of me.
    Heh, me too.

21. LoveisSuicideSP

LoveisSuicideSP Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 23, 2001
    I say he stays a bachelor.

22. GirlJedi

GirlJedi Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 10, 2000
    jacen definitely needs a girlfriend. he is son of solo after all.
    and his little brother has been off kissing a girl in oxygen-poor closets.

c'mon, jacen, we know you can do just as well. tenel ka would be good. for awhile. maybe he'll meet someone new. like a princess from an outer rim world.

23. Ender_Teh_Xenocide

Ender_Teh_Xenocide Jedi Youngling

Oct 21, 2001
    Jacen and Yim

Must...Resist....Making.....Bondage Jokes....

24. NarundiJedi

NarundiJedi Jedi Master star 6

Oct 8, 2001
    ?And he takes no crap from anyone.?

He needs to learn to except that people have different opinions from his own, and that the difference of opinion is, very often, a good thing.

Hmmmm, I find this interesting because often we see certain Kyp fans also being told this very same advice. Not that all Kyp fans are prone to acting out, but a lot of us seem to defend our points a whole lot more aggressively. I think I smell another thread coming on. . .

Jae Angel

PS- Wasn't it Tahiri on the cover of Conquest, and not Nen Yim?

25. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Yes, that was Tahiri on the cover of Conquest.

Personally, I don't have an opinion on which character Jacen should be with. I prefer a certain original character of mine, but it's relatively unlikely that she'll ever show up in publication. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.