main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Jacen Solo & The Haunted Jedi Temple Attic - short story, humor, LotF AU, complete 7/21!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by amidalachick, Jun 7, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Title: Jacen Solo & The Haunted Jedi Temple Attic
    Author: amidalachick
    Timeframe: LotF
    Genre: AU, humor, parody. Do not take this fic seriously, I repeat, do not take seriously!
    Characters: Jacen, Jaina, pretty much the whole gang
    Summary: Jacen and his friends spend the night at the Jedi Temple on a dare...
    Notes: I've had the idea for this fic for a while, but have just now gotten around to writing it. I think it's my first time writing in Beyond, and my first time in a while writing something completely silly. :D

The plot and some lines are taken from the L'il Bush episode "Haunted House". I have made some very minor tweaks to adapt it to the GFFA.

I will be posting this in 3 parts, probably once a week-ish. If you would like a PM when I update, just let me know.
    Disclaimer: SW belongs to George Lucas and L'il Bush belongs to Donick Cary. I own none of this and make no money from it.

[b]Chapter 1[/b]

Jaina Solo glowered at her brother.

Jacen Solo, or Darth Caedus as he insisted he wanted to be called now, was huddled with his loyal followers Lumiya, Tahiri, and Boba Fett. Every so often, they would look over at Jaina and laugh, or gesture excitedly, and then go back to their huddle. Jaina suspected they were plotting some new evil deeds.

"Someone needs to teach them a lesson," Jagged Fel said from behind Jaina.

"That is a fact," Hapan Queen Mother Tenel Ka agreed.

Jacen looked over at Jaina and her friends again, smirked, and then gestured to his group. The four of them left, leaving Jaina staring after them, frustrated. She thought for a minute, then smiled wickedly.

"I have an idea," she said, pulling Jag and Tenel Ka into a huddle of their own.

The next day, Jaina waited until Jacen was engrossed in another planning session with his minions. She wandered in their direction, trying to look casual, and when she judged she was close enough, she sang out a chirpy, "Hey, Jacen!"

"How many times do I have to tell you?" Jacen whined. "It's [i]Caedus[/i] now!"

"Whatever," Jaina said. "Listen, I was just talking to Uncle Luke, and he told me something really terrible! Did you ever hear about the Temple attic?"

"No," Jacen said. "What about it?"

"It happened at the end of the first Galactic Civil War," Jaina began. "Everyone was celebrating Palpatine's downfall...including the spirits of some old Republic Jedi heroes...even our own grandfather..."

"I'm a little busy, Jaina," Jacen said. "Get to the point, would you?"

"Sorry," Jaina said. "Anyway, things got out of hand. Nobody knows how, but these Jedi spirits got really drunk and ended up here at the Temple. They've been trapped in the Temple attic, haunting it, ever since."

Tahiri giggled, turning it into a cough when Jacen glared at her.

"That's the stupidest story I ever heard," Jacen said.

"Then I guess you won't mind spending the night up there," Jaina said.

"I'm not doing that," Jacen said.

"Awww, is my Sith-lordly brother afraid of the ghosts?" Jaina cooed.

"No!" Jacen snapped.

"Then prove it," Jaina said. She smiled. "I dare you."

Jacen scowled.

"What's there to be afraid of?" Boba asked scornfully.

"I'm not afraid!" Jacen said. "It's not even true!"

"I wonder what Tenel Ka would think if she knew that you're scared of a ghost story you don't even believe..." Jaina put a finger to her chin, as if she were imagining Tenel Ka's reaction.

"Fine!" Jacen said. He rolled his eyes and said in an exasperated tone, "My friends and I will stay in the attic tonight. We have important business to discuss, but we can do it there as well as anywhere."

"Okay, then," Jaina said.

She bit back a smile as Jacen, trailed by his minions, stomped away.

2. LittleMissNightsaber

LittleMissNightsaber Jedi Youngling star 3

May 2, 2009
    I'm cracking up even though we haven't gotten to the main part. [face_blush].... [face_plain] .....[face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

3. carr3107

carr3107 Jedi Youngling star 3

May 8, 2008
    LOL! I'm dying already here.

4. padawan lunetta

padawan lunetta Jedi Grand Master star 6

May 15, 1999
    This looks funny! Post more soon please! My poor Jacen though....*hugs him* ;)

5. Corellian_Ale

Corellian_Ale Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 3, 2008
    Jacen Solo, or Darth Caedus as he insisted he wanted to be called now, was huddled with his loyal followers Lumiya, Tahiri, and Boba Fett. Every so often, they would look over at Jaina and laugh, or gesture excitedly, and then go back to their huddle.

Hehehe.

Please put me on the pm list!

6. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    LittleMissNightsaber: I'm trying to be funny all the way through, so thank you! :D

carr3107: Thank you! :)

padawan lunetta: More coming right up! I like Jacen, too, so the hard time I'm giving him is all in good fun. :D

Corellian_Ale: Will do! Thank you for reading! :)

Thanks again to all of you for reading! You guys are super. [:D]

[b]Chapter 2[/b]

That night, when Jacen, Tahiri, Lumiya, and Boba strode into the Jedi Temple, they saw Jaina waiting for them.

"You showed up," she said.

"I said I would," Jacen replied.

Jaina waved her arm at the pull-down staircase that led to the attic.

"All yours," she said. "Sweet dreams, Jacen."

She strolled away before he could respond. Jacen felt a flash of anger, then cleared his throat and turned to Tahiri.

"Ladies first," he said.

"No way," she said. "You go!"

"Mandalorians aren't scared of fairy tales," Boba said, pushing between them. "[i]I'll[/i] go first."

Jacen, Lumiya, and Tahiri followed closely behind Boba, apprehensive in spite of themselves. When they made it into the attic without being ambushed or finding anything unusual, they relaxed a bit and began rummaging through some of the many boxes stored along the walls.

"Look," Lumiya said, holding up a holorecorder. "It says this belonged to your grandparents, Jacen."

Everyone gathered around as Lumiya switched on the recorder. A fuzzy holoimage of Jacen's grandparents appeared. They looked very young.

[i]"I don't like sand,"[/i] Anakin Skywalker said. [i]"It's coarse, and rough, and irritating. Not like here, where everything is soft..."[/i] He stroked Padmé Amidala's arm. [i]"And smooth."[/i]

"Turn it off!" Jacen exclaimed, as everyone else shuddered.

Suddenly, everything went dark. Someone shrieked with terror.

"It's okay, Tahiri," Boba said patronizingly. "We're all right here."

"Wasn't me," Tahiri snapped.

"It was Lumiya," Jacen lied, his voice still shaken.

"Jacen!" a voice wailed around them. "Jacen Solo!"

All of them screamed as four translucent figures materialized in the darkness. Jacen and Tahiri clutched each other's arms. Lumiya tried to jump behind Boba, but he tried to duck behind her at the same time, resulting in a loud clang as they collided and her prosthetics met his Mandalorian armor.

"Grandfather, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Mace Windu, and Yoda!" Jacen stammered through chattering teeth as he recognized the ghostly figures.

"Jacen Solo," Obi-Wan Kenobi said. "You've been going down a dark path."

"Now we've come to do to you what you've been doing to the galaxy," Anakin Skywalker said.

"But I had good intentions?" Jacen said with a hopeful smile.

"Not good enough," Mace Windu said.

With that, the ghosts lunged. Jacen, Boba, Tahiri, and Lumiya screamed again and started running for the staircase. They all got there at the same time and tried to push each other out of the way, with the result that they all ended up in a tangled heap, half-running and half-falling down the stairs. When they hit the bottom, terror propelled them back to their feet and sent them careening through the Temple hallways, ghosts still in full chase.

"In here!" Lumiya shouted, pointing at a door.

They piled into the room, ghosts right behind, then tried to dash back out and lock the ghosts in. But the ghosts were too quick, and the chase continued up and down hallways and in and out of rooms as they tried desperately to lose the ghosts.

At one point, Jacen and Tahiri ducked behind a pillar, with Lumiya and Boba hiding behind another.

"Did we lose them?" Tahiri whispered, trying to peer around the pillar without sticking her head out too far.

"Shh," Jacen said. "I don't sense anything..."

He took a few cautious steps, staying close to the pillar. He made it almost all the way around - and suddenly he was face to face with his grandfather and Mace.

Screaming, he took off runn

7. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    It's funny when people like Lumiya are out of character. [face_laugh]

Keep it up!

8. Jaded_Girl

Jaded_Girl Jedi Master star 4

Aug 9, 2001
    Funny. I had the same reaction to the love scenes in the prequels... [face_thinking] :p

I also love Fett's frequent "I'm a Mandelorian" bits, Jacen screaming and Lumiya and Fett colliding! [face_laugh]

Up!

9. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    "Got you now!" Obi-Wan's triumphant voice exclaimed.

[face_laugh] You have no idea how I lol-ed that!

10. amidalachick

Aug 3, 2003
    LittleMissNightsaber: It is fun to make the characters completely silly once in a while. :D Thanks for reading!

Jaded_Girl: Thank you very much! :)

Corellian_Ale: Glad to hear it. :D Thanks for reading!

I kind of forgot I hadn't posted this last part yet, so...here it is now. Enjoy! Thank you all for your kind comments and readership. It means a lot. [:D]

[b]Chapter 3[/b]

"I think we've lost them," Jacen said loudly. Then he looked meaningfully at Tahiri.

"For the last time, I am [i]not[/i] saying that," she hissed.

"Oh, for-" Lumiya stepped forward and exclaimed, "Oh, Jacen, I sure hope you're right! But if not, at least you can protect me from them, since you're so big and strong and-"

A familiar-sounding snort of laughter emanated from one of the ghosts, whose figures had just reappeared behind Jacen and his group. Quickly, the foursome tackled the 'ghosts' and pulled off their masks to reveal Jaina, Jag, and Tenel Ka, all dressed as deceased Jedi Masters.

"Jaina?" Jacen gasped. "I should have known!"

"I hope you've learned your lesson," Jaina said. "Stop this Sith nonsense, or next time, you won't be so lucky."

"Jacen?" Luke Skywalker called, walking up to them. He quickly took in the scene, from Jacen and his group to Jaina and her friends. "Jaina? Why are you dressed like my father?"

Jaina, with a little help from Jag and Tenel Ka, quickly explained.

Luke shook his head and looked at the ceiling with a [i]What will they think of next?[/i] expression on his face.

"I do have one question," Jacen said. "Which one of you was Yoda?"

"Yoda?" Jaina repeated, puzzled.

"Yeah, Yoda," Jacen said. "He was with you, too. Was it Ben?"

"No," Jaina said. Her face grew pale. "None of us played Yoda..."

A gimer stick tapped on the floor behind them. Everybody turned to see a diminutive, translucent Jedi Master standing there.

"Came to help teach you a lesson, I did," he said. Suddenly, he smacked Jacen's knee with his stick. "[i]Learned[/i] your lesson, I hope you have, or haunt you for the rest of your life, I will."

Jacen nodded obediently.

"Now, other business have I," Yoda said.

Everyone soberly watched him walk down the hall, his form growing fainter with every step. For several minutes, they were silent, each lost in their own thoughts. Then Jacen's eyes met Jaina's, and he smiled tentatively. She smiled back.

Yoda's form shimmered into existence. Nobody paid him much attention...until he stood up on the table and started dancing. Females of humanoid and other species soon joined him, all laughing and cheering him on.

"The life, this is!" he shouted to no one in particular.

On and on he danced, caught up in the music and the dancing and the whole club scene.

"And the best part," he added, chuckling as he faded out to go to a new club, "no cover charges! Heh, heh, heh!"

11. LittleMissNightsaber

May 2, 2009
    I loved the ending! I wonder if Yoda likes attending other business? [face_thinking]

And "Jaina, why are you dressed like my father?"[face_laugh]

12. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    Oh Dear! [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh] [face_laugh][face_laugh]

I am still laughing! [face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh][face_laugh]

That was so funny![face_laugh][face_laugh]

Especially when Lumiya asked who'd played the part of Yoda and it turned out to be none other than Yoda himself!

Jaina dressed up as Anakin Skywalker? :D That must have been fun!

Who was everyone else?

13. Kerensa

Kerensa Jedi Youngling

Jan 21, 2004
    Awesome.....loved it.
    Lumiya tried to jump behind Boba, but he tried to duck behind her at the same time, resulting in a loud clang as they collided and her prosthetics met his Mandalorian armor.
    Great bit of slapstick. :D And I like that Yoda had the last laugh.

14. Corellian_Ale

Mar 3, 2008
    "Came to help teach you a lesson, I did," he said. Suddenly, he smacked Jacen's knee with his stick. "Learned your lesson, I hope you have, or haunt you for the rest of your life, I will."

[face_laugh] Great job!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.