main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Full Series Jacen Syndulla

Discussion in 'Star Wars TV- Completed Shows' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Mar 7, 2018.

1. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Ezra makes the most sense as the one who trains him if Jacen does actually become a full fledged Jedi character. At this point they could probably go a lot of places with that. I do think it is a tad redundant though, to have both Jacen and Ben do the whole "fall to the Dark Side" thing.

BalanceOfTheForce and ChrisLyne like this.
  2. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    I am okay if Jacen isn't Force sensitive. Just make him a kickass pilot / fast thinker / good fighter like his parents.

Cuz if he IS another Jedi in training to be, it all comes to a crashing halt with Ben killing everyone. Luke is the last jedi, dat's it. The poor kid has had 30 seconds of screentime, let's not condemn him to death or to be one of the crazies who ran off with Ben post-murder.

Also it'd be interesting to have a kid who's father was a great Jedi strong with the Force and he, well, just isn't. Haven't seen that before. Has to become his own person.

Last edited: Mar 15, 2018
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    Ya, you can’t really get around TLJ because even the crawl of TFA stayed that he is the last Jedi.

4. BigAl6ft6

BigAl6ft6 Chosen One star 8

Nov 12, 2012
    yah they managed to nip and tuck continuity with Ahsoka and Ezra (and straight up killed off Kanan) but more "Luke is really not the Last Jedi" could get complex. Let's not try to do that again. And considering the movie is called The Last Jedi, I think LFL would have some pushback on that.

5. SyndicThrass

SyndicThrass Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 25, 2016
    Plus, both Ezra and Ahsoka would be fairly old by the time of the ST. You could conceivably close the door on those characters by that point and have it feel like a natural conclusion. Whereas with Jacen it goes back to the notion of killing a character while in their prime.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  6. Chris0013

Chris0013 Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 21, 2014
    I put it elsewhere in another thread...they should have had a vague reference in the opening crawl that Luke was in hiding and the other surviving Jedi were scattered throughout the Galaxy.

7. JediMasterSven

JediMasterSven Jedi Master star 3

Apr 21, 2014
    Allow me to get the obligatory "Jacen Syndulla is Snoke" suggestion out there before any one else.

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  8. Taylore

Taylore Jedi Knight star 1

Mar 14, 2017
    Well, I needed that as a Star Wars fan, something to feel unrestrainedly thrilled about...for a few minutes until I found myself wondering about the future as well. But kudos to Filoni for once again doing something interesting with the story, something that simultaneously shows respect to Legends. I'd appreciate more of that combination.

It seems pretty clear to me from the closing of the episode, "Well, you know what his father was like," that Jacen is Force sensitive. Not explicit, but very very implicit.

So what becomes of him...I like others would enjoy Jacen being a pilot. My investment in post-Endor canon is very low, though, so I'm just enjoying Rebels for now.

RaptorMusic likes this.
  9. ChrisLyne

ChrisLyne Force Ghost star 4

Oct 29, 2002
    I'd love to see Jacen as a Jedi but that does come up against some tough barriers with the ST. I wouldn't want to see him become a Jedi only to be murdered by Kylo (another Jacen killed by a Solo son turned to the dark side... from a certain point of view).

That said, Jedi aren't the only option. Luke said himself that to say if the Jedi die the light die is wrong. Jedi and Sith aren't the only options and that's something we could see explored in the next series, especially if we're going into the unknown regions with Ezra and Thrawn (and maybe Luke himself if we're lucky). Jacen could end up being something new.

10. ForcePushUp

ForcePushUp Jedi Padawan star 1

Oct 19, 2016
    So because of the snowstorm we got hit with today, I had to stay home from work, so I decided to just binge all of season 4 and officially finish the series.

Overall, I liked season 4 and it was a satisfying conclusion to the series. Thumbs up!

11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I am guessing you liked Jacen?

BigAl6ft6 likes this.
  12. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    IDK....I think maybe they should have given him green skin with a shaggy mop of brown hair.

13. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    I'd rather they have nothing to do with Luke after all Ben wasn't training with Luke that long given he supposedly hadn't turned 6 years before TFA?
    Maybe Ezra & Jacen were off exploring somewhere else and Kylo has no idea there are other Jedi out there?

Last edited: Apr 18, 2018
    RaptorMusic likes this.
  14. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    And this is where people will start having a conniption and screeching.."but words were said!!!!!!"

Luke was referenced as "the last jedi" in the opening crawl. I personally find that un-realistic....it has been 30 years and he did not have students go out into the galaxy? We have Ahsoka, Ezra, Jacen...and maybe others who are in hiding.

But again...people will say "words were said..." and will be upset if anymore Jedi show up.

RaptorMusic and Ahsoka's Tano like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    Like it or not, canon is canon.

#DEALWITHIT

16. Chris0013

May 21, 2014
    Which is my complaint about definitive statements in canon....in the crawl they could have said.."Luke Skywalker...and survivors of the academy massacre....are scattered and in hiding throughout the galaxy."

17. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Well therein lies the question on the relevance of the crawl to begin with. I vaguely remembered a Simpsons episode, that came out shortly after one of the PT movies, where Homer is complaining about being forced to read the opening crawl of the "Cosmic Wars" movie, and Lisa chimes in to suggest that it serves to "get the plot out of the way".

Last edited: Apr 19, 2018
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    It’s one thing to go against what Yoda said which I had no problem with. It’s another to go against the crawl.

JediMaster_Jen likes this.
  19. Darth_Accipiter

Darth_Accipiter Force Ghost star 5

Feb 2, 2015
    Then again, Luke vehemently proclaims that he won't be the last jedi at the end of the film. So... even if the last of the old jedi order dies, somebody new is absolutely going to rise to become a new champion of the light side. Whether it's Rey, Jacen, Broom Boy or whoever else.

Last edited: Apr 20, 2018
    revan772 likes this.
  20. DaddlerTheDalek

DaddlerTheDalek Jedi Master star 4

Aug 31, 2014
    I like the little Jacen Solo nod with Jacen Syndulla.

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  21. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I like the idea of Jacen Solo, but the character design was just awful.

podjazd and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Would you have liked a bit more Twi’lek in him?

23. CT1138

CT1138 Jedi Master star 4

Sep 4, 2013
    I just think the green hair looks terrible on him. However, now that you mention it, it could have worked if he was more Twi'lek.

24. Hopeless

Hopeless Jedi Master star 4

Oct 28, 2006
    Yes you can just point out that title was from the perspective of the First Order and nobody else!

There was no attempt to explain anything other than forgetting it's supposed to be a sequel which it certainly wasn't!

25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Just shared this on the image art page in the Community forum. Gotta put a smile to any Hera fan for sure!

[​IMG]