main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacen turned to the darkside ?

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DEWORE-DEWKNOT, Mar 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

DEWORE-DEWKNOT Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 17, 2002
    I just can't wait for the answers.

NJO rules !!!!!!

Jacen has a major part whether my therory is true or not.

Go JAcen Go

2. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    I think that Kyp had a reaction to him because he is a Jedi and Jacen sent out his "death" through the force in general and not to specific people. Leia, being his mother, would have a stronger bond than anyone and would know the truth.

He could be dark. Afterall, Leia felt a "dimming" in the force. That could have signified his light going out of him and the dark taking hold. I would have to go and read Balance Point again to make sure, but I think it might actually fulfill the vision he had there.

3. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    I see your point # 2 as how it happens.

Heloses faith in the force because it isn't helping him deal with his pain and fear. So he strikes back at it by turning.

Maybe ?

Actually DEWORE-DEWKNOT, I was thinking more along the lines of Jacen believing that the Force made a conscious decision to betray him. Like if Jacen got a false vision like the one he got in DT, and instead of him just getting captured and tortured, the visions directly caused the death of someone he loved. Naturally, this would be very difficult. The Force isn?t likely to give Jacen a false vision; Jacen is more likely to misinterpret a vision (like the on in DT, IMO). This would cause the feeling of betrayal.

4. Balance_Point

Balance_Point Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 10, 2001
    That same old DJ spoiler again...

Lianna: I think that Kyp had a reaction to him because he is a Jedi and Jacen sent out his "death" through the force in general and not to specific people.

Assuming that Jacen deliberately broadcast his pain through the Force to convince the others not to come back for him, I'm actually starting to think it's possible Jacen might have specifically singled out Kyp as one of the Jedi to feel his "death" because he needed to be sure he could convince at least one person that he was really dying. I mean, we saw just how successful he was at convincing Leia, and while he had more success with Tenel Ka, he still slipped for a moment because of their strong connection. We know that due to the apparent severing of their bond, he couldn't reach Jaina at all. On the other hand, as Caine pointed out earlier, Kyp's sense of Jacen is all pain. Obviously, convincing Kyp of his death is not hard at all for Jacen, which is why I'm starting to believe choosing him was a deliberate act on Jacen's part.

Of course, all this wild speculation will no doubt be proven utterly wrong when Traitor eventually comes out, but it's fun while it lasts. :)

End Spoilers

5. Lianna

Lianna Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 9, 2001
    Balance Point, you make some good points there. I never considered Jacen singling Kyp out.

6. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    You people are good. So many nice theories. The more we talk about this though the more I think my dream may be right.

Jedisolo

What do you mean by the force making a conscience choice to betray Jacen. Please expound on this.

7. Caine

Caine Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 3, 2002

I just can't wait for the answers...Jacen has a major part whether my theory is true or not.
    I can't wait to find out what this part will entail either! Unfortunately, we'll have to wait until October of this year to find out! :(

DJ Spoilers Ahead

Yeah, good call B_P. I've always found it curious that Tenel Ka should feel this warm presence of Jacen precede an "agonizing white heat" while Kyp's sense of Jacen is all pain. It's very likely Jacen singled out Kyp. [face_devil] :mad: :p

END of DJ Spoilers

8. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    Nice theory Balance_Point. :)

DEWORE-DEWKNOT, the Force has a will of its own. Jacen?s knows this, and if he were to believe that the Force?s will was to betray his trust and loyalty by lying to him and killing someone he loved, that might send him over the edge.

9. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Jedisolo

By saying that the Force has a will of it's own and willingly betrays one of it's followers implies that it isn't as pure as we have been led to believe.

I do not think that the force can lie. We may interpret it in the wrong way, but "it" can not lie.

PS. If I am missing your piont please tell me

10. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    I don?t believe that it can lie either. But, my scenario has Jacen believe that it did lie, however in reality, it would be Jacen?s interpretations that would be mistaken.

11. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    Jedisolo

Okay I see your point and I like it

It is in the interpretation that the fall or danger is. Il like it. THANKS

12. DEWORE-DEWKNOT

Jan 17, 2002
    I still feel that Jacen has been turned.

It may not be of his own free will and acord, but he is now dark.
    I have a feeling......

13. I-poodoo

I-poodoo Jedi Padawan star 4

May 1, 2001
    Gosh, if speculation and theories were fishes we'd all be eating seafood here.

I don't think there will be anyway for Jacen to go willingly dark on his own. At this point it'd be like Kyp becoming cautious and conservative in his actions.

On the other hand my fear is that the same thing they tried to do to Tahiri in Conquest is what they succeeded in doing to Jacen, In short making A Vong warrior outta him. This scares me crapless, because Jacen would theoretically still have the use of the force yet since he'd be vongified, he'd have all the aggression and malice of a Vong warrior, instant darksider I think.

As for the supposed impression of his death through the force to the others in DJ. I fear that that is the point in time that the brainwashing of Jacen was complete and everyone felt the death of Jacen's personality and the emergence of the one the Vong had implanted into him.

P.S. while reading DJ I entertained the theory that Kahlee Lah was the brainwashed and vongified Jacen I had feared, but as the book progressed that theory was gradually shoved into the crapper.

regardless of what happened to him, Traitor is a book i'm enthusiatically waiting to read.

14. Skylark

Skylark Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 10, 2002
    First of all, I'm agreeing with poodoo, Traitor is the novel that I am so anticipating. I do have to admit one thing as I respond to this thread, and that's that I'm a bit behind on NJO. I know what's been going on, but as for minute details, and actual reading, well, I'm in the middle of catching up.

But, DEWORE, great theory. I mean, at least it's the first original thing I've heard on this in a while. It could be true, but because I haven't finished SBS or DJ yet, I can't really comment on my personal beliefs. But I don't think Jacen's down for the count, and I hate to think he's vongified. It just sickens me. As much as I like it, The Dark Side theory is a bit of a leap, though, considering it stems from a dream. The only real SW related dream that I've had is one where I was attacked by Salacious Crumb in my basement, which of course, never happened, but I can say that I have had a prophetic dream or two in my day, so you may just be on to something here. The fact that you're so passionate about it impresses me, firstly, and like I believe you stated yourself, the more the idea is hashed about, the more plausible it seems.

Oh, and point of interest, in middle school, okay, about 4 years ago for me, my best friend (she got me into SW and the EU) and I were talking and someone said they had heard (now I maintain it was her news, cause I don't remember the source, but she says it's mine, anyway somebody got news from a suposedly reliable source close to LFL, and bear with me here...)that in the future Jacen would fall to the dark side and Anakin would die a hero, and not in that particular order. Oh, and I believe that also was supposed to set up a **twin duel** between Jacen and Jaina. Now, I always remembered it because I thought it was a cool rumor, but until SBS and DJ, I didn't think it'd actually happen. I recently talked to my friend from middle school and she also vividly remembers the conversation so I know I'm not totally making this up. We decided between ourselves that the publishers had switched Jacen and Jaina, but if it helps, and if you believe Jaina didn't really go to the dark side, this little four year old rumor might support your theory.
    Hope it helps :)

15. JediHobbit

JediHobbit Jedi Master star 5

Mar 2, 2002
    First off, great theories everyone, B_P especially, but that one needs a little tweaking.

If I remember correctly, although Jaina did not feel Jacen's surge of emotion, she felt the pained reactions of everybody who did feel it, namely the Jedi strike team, Kyp, and Leia.

So instead of just singling out Kyp, and Leia, he also singled out the strike team as well. As for Jaina, perhaps he avoided connecting with her (but why?) or b/c she shut herself off from the force at that point, she could not feel her brother's pain. Due to the proximity of the others, she could still feel their reactions.

16. Sabrajaguar

Sabrajaguar Jedi Youngling star 4

Dec 22, 2001
    Dark Jacen?

Naaaa.

Jacen temporaraly succubs to the costant stress and pressure of the last 2 years flipss out and then comes to his senses surrounded by Vong bodies, And no Idea of what he did. He. He. Now thats intresting!

17. GrandAdmPellaeon

GrandAdmPellaeon Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2002
    I don't know that DelRey'd go in that direction, but I wish they would. The GFFA would be better off with a few more Dark Siders in it I believe. Maybe they'd fair better against the Vong than the Jedi have.

After all, fight fire with fire.

18. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    I had a theory (more of a fun thought actually) a while back that Jacen would go to the Dark Side, travel to the Hapes cluster, take it over, wipe out the Vong with the Hapan military, in the process expand the Hapan territory to encompass the entire Galaxy, and in effect become the next Emperor.

I even started a Fan Fiction about that a little while back (before Rebirth came out, I think). I?ve been thinking about continuing it?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.