main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Jacen vs Jaina showdown inevitable? Semi SPOILER

Discussion in 'Literature' started by DarthBlair, Nov 1, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediJSolo

JediJSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 11, 2001
    ?The longer Jaina fights, the more frustrated she's going to get, the more angry she's going to become, and the stronger the Dark Side in her will be.?

Yes, she would become more frustrated, and angry. Those emotions would cloud her judgment and make her fighting very sloppy, because she lacks the necessary mental discipline to adequately see through those emotions. This would give Jacen an advantage, because he would still have his natural cunning, while Jaina would have traded hers for power.

?If nothing else, Jaina would have no qualms blasting Jacen with a huge TK shove, or picking him up with the Force and throwing him.?

Who is to say that Jaina?s Force push would come close to Jacen? She is in a rage, I really don?t think that she could be accurate enough to hit Jacen (who is a moving target that isn?t as slow as he was at the academy). And I seriously doubt that Jaina would have the necessary mental control to even attempt to pick him up and through him. She simply doesn?t have the metal control necessary to do it. She barley had it when she was on the Light Side, so she definitely doesn?t have it now that she is purposefully bringing up powerful emotions which will decrease her ability at fine control of the Force.

Assuming that Jacen isn?t fast enough to avoid Jaina?s Force push, what is to stop him from absorbing the energy of it? True, he has shown no skill with that, but neither did Anakin, until Conquest.

If Jaina spent a year on the Dark Side, learning how to use her emotions without having them limit her judgment and fine control of the Force, then she would have a very good chance of beating Jacen in a one on one battle. However, she could not do it in her present condition.

2. -Vergere-

-Vergere- Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2001
    stevo -
    Jacen might of been able to beat Anakin in VP, but probably not in the beginning of SBS, or so I would like to think.
    Interesting you would say that. Let me try to guess why. Because Anakin has had the "most action" and "practice", right? Well in VP, Anakin was always the one practicing constantly and Jacen really couldn't care less about fighting in combat or practicing. Yet, it was noted that Jacen beats Anakins everytime. Forget about these "friendly" simulations being close, VP says (and these are Anakin's exact thoughts) that Jacen had cleanly beaten Anakin.

There is no reason to assume that things would change at the beginning of SbS despite Anakin's plethora of experience.

3. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    JMA -
    How long could Jacen hold off? The longer Jaina fights, the more frustrated she's going to get, the more angry she's going to become, and the stronger the Dark Side in her will be.
    The point is, and I believe JJS makes this point eloquently in an earlier post, that Jaina may not have the technique and expertise to handle dark side emotions this early in her transition to the dark side. There is no reason to assume she can handle dark side anger as impressively as Palpatine did - especially this early in her transition. And especially against her twin.
    Bottom line, Jacen will tire before Jaina, forcing him to either die, or kill his sister.
    Ok, I agree with you that Jacen would never kill his sister. But there is also another bottom line. And that one is we have no reason to assume that Jaina "can keep up the dark-side attacks" with continued authority and precision as long as Jacen can defend himself against these attacks.
    the Dark Side doesn't require the level of finesse that the Light Side does.
    True, but dark side burns bright and fast. There is no reason to assume that Jaina can sustain the dark power to a level that Jacen could defend them. Especially since Jaina has no dark-side training. We are talking now.

4. JediMasterAaron

JediMasterAaron Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 14, 2000
    JediJSolo

Yes, she would become more frustrated, and angry. Those emotions would cloud her judgment and make her fighting very sloppy, because she lacks the necessary mental discipline to adequately see through those emotions. This would give Jacen an advantage, because he would still have his natural cunning, while Jaina would have traded hers for power.

I would agree with you, if Troy Denning wouldn't have gone out of his way to repeatedly point out how cold and detached was Jaina becomes during battle. I feel this is what is going to make her an unbelievably formidable Dark Jedi. She will be angry, and raging, which will continue to further fuel the Dark Side, on top of her inborn massive Force-sensitivity. But she will keep it all under a cool mask of professionalism in battle. Look at the end of SbS. Was she raging and blowing up everything sight? No. She was drawing heavily upon the Dark Side, but she had a mission, she had a directive. She cooly directed her hate, her power, at individual targets. Did she ever lose sight of what she wanted to do? No. The important thing is, her rage wasn't indirect. Her time has a pilot has allowed her to learn to focus her thoughts, and her attention. I don't think you give Jaina enough credit here. She is a battle hardened war veteran, much more so than Jacen, and almost as much as Anakin. Jaina will be unbelievably angry, but she won't lose her head in battle. Also, what makes you think Jacen would be any better at keeping his wits about him? With his philosophical problems already, on top of the fact that he would be in a duel to the death with his own sister, who has fallen to the Dark Side, AND trying to keep himself alive against Dark Side attacks, I'd say Jacen is going to have plenty to occupy him.

Who is to say that Jaina?s Force push would come close to Jacen?

A TK blast is a pretty general thing, that's why it's especially effective against groups of individuals. See Obi-Wan in Phantom Menace. He merely throws his hands out, sending a trio of battle droids flying. I get the sense that it's like an invisible flying wall, that can be adjusted however the Jedi sees fit. and with Jaina's power behind it, it would crush Jacen, unless he had a way to counter it.

Vergere

Well in VP, Anakin was always the one practicing constantly and Jacen really couldn't care less about fighting in combat or practicing. Yet, it was noted that Jacen beats Anakins everytime

I think you're taking that theory to extremes here Vergere. Anakin has been in constant training in multi-warrior combat since the war began, whereas Jacen has become increasingly distant from the Force, giving it up completely at one point. Even though he has come back, I find it impossible to believe that he has been as intensively training as Anakin. I understand that Anakin lost to him in VP, despite his training, but what you're talking about now is an impossibility. Training DOES matter. Anakin has become a refined and incredibly capable warrior, and has matured much since VP. I find it extremely hard to believe that Jacen could still best him. You place too much faith in what happened in VP I think. Yes, Jacen won. But that was before so many other things happened, namely Jacen retreating from the Force, and most assuredly, from lightsaber training. Anakin is a supreme warrior now, and while Jacen is no slouch, SbS Anakin would take SbS Jacen, I feel I can confidently state.

I would respond to your post specifically to me, but I feel I addressed it in my response to JediJSolo.

Can't wait to see what you guys have to say in response.
    :)

JMA

5. Tsavong_Skywalker

Tsavong_Skywalker Jedi Youngling

Nov 4, 2001
    I don't think they will have to fight. If they did, Jaina would kick Jacen's ass. He will probably be too busy meditating to notice.

6. Draco_Starcloud

Draco_Starcloud Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 25, 2001
    I think that if Jaina were to fight Jacen, she'd use the Force to put him to sleep rather than actually fight him.

7. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    JMA -
    I find it impossible to believe that [Jacen] has been as intensively training as Anakin.
    Ah but that is the point, JMA. Jacen has in fact not been training as hard as Anakin nor has cared to do so! And the situation right now is exactly the same as it was in VP. In VP, Jacen could care less about training with his lightsaber; yet everytime Anakin has faced Jacen, Anakin has lost. And not just lost - it was noted in VP that Anakin had cleanly lost.

Look we must go on the facts when we're talking about an Anakin vs. Jacen duel. Here is the situation in VP:
    • Anakin trains alot
    • Jacen could care less about training with his lightsaber
    • Jacen cleanly defeats Anakin
    • Everytime Aankin has faced Jacen in those simulations, Anakin has lost
    So here is the situation before SbS:
    • Anakin trains alot (evidenced in Rebirth)
    • Jacen could care less about training with his lightsaber
    Now you cannot tell me that Anakin is a superior lightsaber combatant (vs. Jacen) based on his increased success against the YV who barely exist in the Force for him (and certainly not directly in the Force until SbS). Based on the facts, we cannot assume Anakin will defeat Jacen until he has proven as such in simulation - which has never happened since VP. Especially since the situation is exactly the same as it was in VP! Based on the facts, Jacen could still potentially defeat his brother in simulation before SbS. But we cannot say this about Anakin.
    Anakin has become a refined and incredibly capable warrior, and has matured much since VP. I find it extremely hard to believe that Jacen could still best him.
    Yet, Anakin was quite "refined" and incredibly capable in VP! You're telling me Anakin was incapable of accomplishing his myriad of feats following VP, in VP? Of course he was!
    SbS Anakin would take SbS Jacen, I feel I can confidently state.
    I can never dispute an opinion. I, of course, disagree. Until proven otherwise, Jacen is a better natural lightsaber dueler than his brother Anakin. Training against YV of course means something. But Anakin views the Force as a tool and Jacen uses it to attain an inner peace when he's fighting with his lightsaber. Based on those philosophies alone, Jacen is a better lightsaber dueler. If not for those philosophies, than based on history - and the situation in SbS mirrors the situation in VP in terms of lightsaber training for both Anakin & Jacen.

8. JWK

JWK Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 18, 2000
    Jaina would win if they fought because I don't think Jacen could bring himself to kill Jaina and that what it looks like it will take to beat Jaina. Jacen would let up and Jaina would make the killing blow.

However I don't think they will fight. I was thinking that Jaina would turn to the darkside for sure in DJ. However I'm not so sure anymore. I believe Jaina's going to flurt strongly with the darkside. But doesn't completely go over. However Del Rey has established that they can do (just about) anything in the New Jedi Order.

9. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    hmmm. I agree she'll probably flirt but won't go over(although she MIGHT use dark side to ressurect anakin only to have him commit suicide due to him feeling guilty and "unclean" after having the dark side used on him, now THERE"S a plot twist, have brother die in your arms due to your actions would snap her back, aka Kyp in JAT). remember LFL told del rey NJO was NOT to be anotehr jedi vs sith series. It's been done too much. Frankly the good jedi vs dark jedi is almost as old and worm out as the "bubble". One of the few things i truely aplaud del rey for is NOT simply reverting back to that old cliche fight. This series is about the jedi and NR vs the vong, if they dwell to long with dark jedi stories they'll quickly loose focus and the series will suffer badly. and frankly THAT will be the point when i'll stop reading. The constatn main charecter deaths is one thing but if they revert back to the tired old jedi vs sith battles then i'll leave. If they MUST do a jedi vs sith, make it take place in the distant past, back when both sides were powererfull and the actuall war would be interesting. I'm strongly hoping that DJ doesn't mark teh point where this series falls back on that old cliche battle. If tehy do and teh sereis ends with a cataclysmic but cliche dark twin vs light twin battle, they might as well ressurect anakin, chewie and everyone else whose died so far, the originality would have been gone.

This is the Vong's story of conquest and evil NOT the Sith's.

10. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    I would agree with you, if Troy Denning wouldn't have gone out of his way to repeatedly point out how cold and detached was Jaina becomes during battle.

I think you must have missed the part where Denning says something like ?the Vong had mad the war hurt again?. That detachment Jaina had when she would go into battle is now gone. It has been replaced by an avid hatred for the Vong, and in the future, it may manifest itself in a hatred for all the people she thinks might oppose her.

But she will keep it all under a cool mask of professionalism in battle.

?I was angry.? That doesn?t sound like someone who is acting very professional to me.

Did she ever lose sight of what she wanted to do?

Of course not. If a Dark Jedi loses her direction, she loses her purpose, and can no longer justify using the Dark Side. Jaina has just become a Dark Jedi, and being new at it, she still needs that justification.

Jaina will be unbelievably angry, but she won't lose her head in battle.

She has never been in a battle where she was using her emotions like that before. She already lost her head, she just didn?t lose her common sense. She left Jacen behind because her common sense told her that to go back for him would be suicide for herself and every person she had onboard her ship. She has not fallen deep enough into the Dark Side to do that yet, but if you give it a month, she will.

She is a battle hardened war veteran, much more so than Jacen, and almost as much as Anakin.

Her battle experience is in an X-wing, not on the ground with a Lightsaber.

Also, what makes you think Jacen would be any better at keeping his wits about him?

When, in the middle of a battle, has he stopped what he was doing and said ?I just can?t do it anymore, I can?t kill any more, it?s wrong!? He hasn?t done anything close to that in the middle of a fight, because he knows what must be done when what must be done is staring him in the face. If his sister stares him in the face with the eyes of someone that has been seduced and warped by the Dark Side, he will defend himself against her.

?in a duel to the death with his own sister, who has fallen to the Dark Side, AND trying to keep himself alive against Dark Side attacks, I'd say Jacen is going to have plenty to occupy him.

Hay, I never said the battle would be boring.

11. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    JediJSolo

I think you must have missed the part where Denning says something like ?the Vong had mad the war hurt again?. That detachment Jaina had when she would go into battle is now gone. It has been replaced by an avid hatred for the Vong, and in the future, it may manifest itself in a hatred for all the people she thinks might oppose her.

You don't think the war hurt when her wingmate Anni Capstan was killed? Or when she believed Jacen dead on his mission to Garqi? This war has been one constant thread of emotional and physical pain for all involved. Yeah, she hates the Vong now, but she was on the edge of hating them before, and was able to do her job. In fact, I'm willing to bet 2/3 of the Jedi Knights are on that borderline of hating the YV. Anakin didn't because he understands them. Jacen doesn't because he can't bring himself to hate another living creature. Jaina crossed over, and in that last scene where she blasted the YV with Force-lightning, I didn't see anything on her other than a cool, professional aura, masking a seething hatred. She was mad as all hell, but she knew where, when, and how much of it to direct, and at which targets to direct it.

?I was angry.? That doesn?t sound like someone who is acting very professional to me.

I'll refer you to the Phantom Menace then, and the case of Darth Maul. Various sources, including his brief dialogue in the movie, the facial expressions that he had during the Jedi duel, and the Darth Maul and latest Infinities comics, show the depth of Maul's hatred. He hates the Jedi more than anything else, and his hatred is long and enduring. But was he anything other than a trained and professional killer and warrior in any of those instances? Most certainly not. His anger never ONCE got the better of him in any of those fights. It was always there certainly, feeding the Dark Side in him, but he never allowed it to overwhelm him. That's the key to being able to harness the Dark Side of the Force I think. It feeds off of your negative emotions, but you have to keep those emotions focused and not allow them to overwhelm you if you're to employ it effectively. Jaina's wartime training and emotional distance that she creates during X-Wing battles already has given her a head start on how to do that. In Phantom Menace, it was Obi-Wan who wielded the Dark Side incorrectly, allowing his anger to consume him, and Maul would have killed him for it, had he not been careless and arrogant. So the mere fact that Jaina is angry means very little as far as how professional she can be. Maul was anger and rage personified, and he was the pinnacle of professionalism.

She has not fallen deep enough into the Dark Side to do that yet, but if you give it a month, she will.

This is in the realm of pure speculation, other than sticking with what we know about the two characters, but I feel the need to defend Jaina here and say:

I don't think she will.

Her battle experience is in an X-wing, not on the ground with a Lightsaber.

I'm failing to see how that's relevant when we are talking about Jaina's ability to keep her head when using the Dark Side. Battle training is battle training as far as the emotional detachment aspect goes, whether in an X-Wing or with a lightsaber in hand.

If his sister stares him in the face with the eyes of someone that has been seduced and warped by the Dark Side, he will defend himself against her.

Possibly. But will he kill her? Because she would certainly kill him.

Vergere

And the situation right now is exactly the same as it was in VP.

A valid point, but one which at this juncture in the series is going to matter extremely little. The fact is, in VP, Jacen was an active apprentice training under Luke, as was Anakin. While Jacen certainly didn't practice anywhere near as much as Anakin, and was still able to cleanly defeat him, you can guarantee that he was training at least some, as part of his training regimen as a Jedi apprentice. Anakin ac

12. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    You don't think the war hurt when her wingmate Anni Capstan was killed? Or when she believed Jacen dead on his mission to Garqi?

Of course that hurt her. And if you read SbS more closely, you will find that the death of Anni is the reason why she developed that emotional detachment. She didn?t have it before that happened, and she doesn?t have it now that Anakin is dead.

Jaina crossed over, and in that last scene where she blasted the YV with Force-lightning, I didn't see anything on her other than a cool, professional aura, masking a seething hatred.

Well then you say something that I didn?t.

[Darth Maul?s] anger never ONCE got the better of him in any of those fights.

That might be debatable, but I would tend to agree with you. However, Darth Maul never once used his hatred as the sole explanation for any of his attacks against the Jedi. That is what professionalism is, not letting your emotions control you. Jaina used her anger as the sole explanation for her attack on Vergere when Zekk asked why she did it. That is what is not professional about it.

Jaina does not have the same control over her emotions that Maul had. She lacks ability to see through them.

Possibly. But will he kill her? Because she would certainly kill him.

I never intended to debate whether Jacen would kill his sister or not. I believe that he could, but I agree that it is extremely unlikely. The point that I have been trying to get at is that Jaina would not be physically able to kill Jacen in her current condition. She just isn?t skilled enough with her new power to do it.

If the battle ever took place, Jaina would where herself out before Jacen would be dead. She would no longer be able to fight, and Jacen would not take advantage of her exhaustion unless he was force to against his will (by one force or another). Jaina would be incapable of killing her brother, because she physically couldn?t do it. Jacen wouldn?t kill his sister, because he wouldn?t want to (although he could if he had no other choice).

In Jacen's first encounter with the YV, on Belkadan, he was soundly defeated by only one Vong warrior.

First of all, that was Jacen second encounter with the YV. In his first encounter, he defended himself against multiple Vong, on that ice planet, and he did it with absolutely no prior knowledge of there fighting style, because he was the first person to ever engage them on the ground.

Second, on Belkada (sp?), Jacen was reenacting a vision that was inaccurate. His defeat there was not due to a lack of fighting ability, but a misinterpretation of a vision (even Luke has been guilty of that).

I think I?ll let -Vergere- deal with the rest of that paragraph.

My fingers hurt now. I wish someone else would take up the torch on my side. Two on one SUCKS!

Yay! Come on people. Don?t just let him do all the work! I know someone reading this agrees with him.

13. GS335

GS335 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 22, 2001
    Vergere, JMA, everyone:

I don't think that it matters who's better, and who's not. Discussing such a difficult topic like this would go on, and on, and there is no solution to it, because it goes both ways. To say one is better than the other is a bit unfair, because there is no clear answer now, because things have changed, and Anakin has become a better Jedi since then.

Now with that said, I think that Anakin, Jacen, and Jaina are all equally powerful, and that is because they are all siblings. But, I just think that they all, especially Jacen and Anakin, go at it a bit differently, thats all. Anakin does not use the force as some toy...he uses it as his ally, to aid him in many situations. A Jedi uses the force as his/her ally, for knowledge, peace, understanding, and for aid in battle. Jedis are also warriors too. Anakin is more of the warrior type, while Jacen is more of the philiosopher, the Yoda type. They are both very powerful, but they just do things differenly, thats all.

However, it takes more than just a high midichlorean count and natural abilities to be a great Jedi. You need discipline, calmness, understanding, as well as bravery, to be a great Jedi. Also, you do need practice to sharpen your skills, and better prepare yourself for the battles ahead.

Furthermore, you have to be willing to take risks sometimes, and make a stand for the greater good ("the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few"), and that is what Anakin will do in SBS. He may not always be the calm and disciplined Jedi, but he has grown a lot since VP, and he has became a much better Jedi. Jacen is also very good, and has calmness, understanding, and discipline, but he is sometimes afraid to take risks, and that is what holds him back from being the Jedi he can be. If Jacen and Anakin would balance both philosophies, than they would become great Jedi.

If they knew that both Jedi philosophies (both the warrior and the philisophical) were correct, than they would not be at odds with each other so much. This is more proof that the Jedi in NJO do not fully know what a TRUE Jedi is, because if they did, than there would not be so much division among the Jedi, especially between Luke and Kyp. If fully knew about the OJO, and what made legends like Obi Wan, Yoda, Mace Windu, and Plo Koon such great Jedis, than this devision would not exist among the new Jedi, as I said before.

God bless :)

14. SCI_FI_NUT

SCI_FI_NUT Jedi Youngling star 1

Oct 6, 2001
    The way i see it is like this

will there be a fight between teh twins?
    yes

will it be the worn out predictable cliche, dark sider vs light sider?
    no

Del rey is making it a habbit NOT to give us the most predictable plot line. Look at Borsk, his death while inevitable was expected to involve him doing something like groveling for mercy, NOT dying a hero's death.

I'm betting that jaina will flirt withteh dark side but return. However something will happen during her attempt to rescue her brother. For instance try this scenario,

She fights her way in but is forced to abondon a light saber in favor of an amystaff. concurrently jacen makes a break for it with the only weapon he can get his hands on an ampystaff. at one point both end up entiring a chamber where they meet for teh first time. Catch is the vong have been manuevering them there, and alter their preceptions of eachother so that instead of seeing their beloved sibling they see their greatest enemy. what's more the illusion alters what they here so they only here the insults and taughnting of their enemies. Both twins let loose in self defence. Jacen figths his sister beleiving she's Lah, she fights him beleiving he's Anor. The battle is fierce and gennerally with out mercy. Each twin fights beleiving they must to save loved ones, and each does so as a light sider. Finnaly teh end of the match comes. One twin is knocked to the ground and the other stands above ready to deal teh death blow, and save teh galaxy from more suffering, or so they think.

You see this gets us out of the old worn out cliche dark jedi vs light jedi and instead puts a new twist on it, name one time when two light siders have fougth each other to the death not realizing who the other was. also if you think about it it's more in the vong style of manipulation, after all tehy don't give a dam about what part of teh force is being used.

What's more but this would be a test of teh winners morals. If jacen wins, his resolve to kill only when nessary is tested since at his mercy is his greatest enemy, one who has sworn to kill him. For Jaina it would test her resolve about revenge. Would she avenge her brotehr and take the final step to the dark side? or would she show mercy to her enemy and do the right thing?

Finnaly this would make teh duel a whole lot more unpredictable. since both twin is a light sider, and clueless that they are really fighting their sibling, the chances that they will kill their sibling will go far up. Also the out coe will be more in doubt. You wouldn't be able to tell the the light sider would win and bring the dark sider back. Nor would you be able to say out right that jacen wouldn't kill his sister because he's on the light side and would merely defend himself not kill his sibling.

you see how more interesting the duel gets once you abandon the old cliche dark vs light fight?? this is only one of MULTIPLE ways the duel could coe about that don't involve one being a dark jedi and the otehr being light. And frankly i think this fits more closely withthe NJO feeling.

15. -Vergere-

Jul 31, 2001
    JMA - I really don't think this is going anywhere. Especially considering the fact both of us are purely speculating and offering opinions in a supposed Anakin vs. Jacen simulation duel at the beginning of SbS. Boy, I would have loved to see that.

I will however note that based on the NJO books so far, it is more difficult to make a case for Anakin beating Jacen at the beginning of SbS than Jacen beating Anakin [at the beginning of SbS]. Granted, Anakin has come a long way and granted, Anakin has had far greater success against YV warriors who are seemingly devoid of the Force, but Jacen has not been exactly sleeping through the NJO (although it may seem that way to some of us ;) ). Jacen has had plenty of experience and tasted defeat whereas Anakin continues to view the Force as tool (not a toy) and has yet to experience defeat (at the beginning of SbS). I would argue that Jacen's more complete experience against the YV (ups and downs) actually better prepares Jacen in a lightsaber duel against Anakin. Anakin not tasting defeat is actually just as limiting as his philosophy, in viewing the Force simply as a tool (not a toy).

Jacen attains an inner peace via the Force whereas Anakin uses it as a tool to achieve his ends. Following the first 2 years in the NJO, Jacen is better prepared mentally in a lightsaber duel vs. Anakin IMHO.

16. JediJSolo

Jun 11, 2001
    GS335: I don't think that it matters who's better, and who's not.

We are not talking about who is better than the other is in a general sense. We are talking about specific traits of these siblings that might give their opponent an advantage over them if they where to ever engage each other in a battle.

GS335: Anakin is more of the warrior type, while Jacen is more of the philosopher, the Yoda type.

I agree with you completely on this part. I think I?ve said things like that myself a few times.

SCI_FI_NUT: ?name one time when two light siders have fought each other to the death not realizing who the other was.

Star Wars YJK Shadow Academy. The scene you described is very similar to the one played out in that book. The fight was even between the same people (Jacen and Jaina) It lacked the subtitles that you said would be inherent in a fight of that nature, but the fact is that that fight scene has already been played out.

17. JediMasterAaron

Oct 14, 2000
    Vergere and JediJSolo

Well guys, it's been a blast, but as Vergere says, this isn't going anywhere. We are all three just too set in our ways as far as this debate goes, and frankly, defending against the two of you is proving to be more than I can handle right now! ;) Vergere, I still say Anakin would beat Jacen at this time in a lightsaber fight. JediJSolo, I still say that Jaina would win in a duel between Jacen and herself right now, although mainly because I don't think Jacen would fight Jaina knowingly. I know you guys are set in your opinions too, and that's cool. I just think we can devote our argumentative energies elsewhere at this point. Kudos on a great debate!

JMA

18. GS335

Feb 22, 2001
    Vergere, that still does not mean that Jacen would win, and vice versa. We really don't know who would win, because they have not fought in a long time, and even then, it was not a REAL fight, as in a fight to the death (even though things did get out of hand when they were practicing against one another). Things have changed since VP, and as I said before, it is not important, as far as who is better. To say one is the better than the other would be unfair, IMO. And besides, I don't know why people are making such a big deal out of this. Anakin and Jacen are on the same side, not enemies. They are both Jedi, and them fighting against each other would go against what they believe in. Furthermore, they happen to be brothers, so it would make it even more difficult.

So with that said, lets just say that they are both equal and call it a day. Arguing about it wouldn't do any good, because it would be long drawn out, and the arguments pretty much goes both ways, if you really look at it.

As far as Jaina is concerned, I really don't see her fighting Jacen, but I do see Jacen trying to bring her back.

19. GS335

Feb 22, 2001
    And one more thing, if natural ability always makes one better, than why did Anakin Skywalker lose to Obi Wan in a duel years ago, the same duel which cuased Anakin to love in a life-support suit, because he lost to the same guy who had more experience than he did, and has trained more and longer than Anakin had?

The reasons why Jacen beat Anakin, was because he had more training with the force than he did, was more disciplined than Anakin, and at the time, was more in tuned with the force than Anakin. Yes, Anakin was descent at the time, but he was not nearly as good as he is now.

So, it goes both ways. Anakin was not even close to his potential then, and Jacen was closer to his potential than Anakin was. Yes, they are not close to their potential now, but they both have became stronger in the force, especially Anakin, so it is hard to say who is better. This is one of the reasons why I think that all three solo kids have equal force potential.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.